What's Wrong With Having Daddy Issues?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by Candybuttons, Sep 10, 2017.

1. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

That's an amazing story. Bullying knows no bounds, I guess. :/
    It seems like adversity does help us the most in life. I wish we didn't have to go through it, though. Good for you for learning how to fly above it all. <3

2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Thank you Deidre

3. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

Ok I’m understanding what your saying now but I’m still confused and here is why.
    I thought that my daddy issues were because my dad was not around very much. So by not having him around much and bonding with me, I feel like I need that now, except it’s a little bit more then that and I don’t want to explain it.
    So the part I’m confused with is, are you saying at 2 yrs old, was there someone who represented a father figure that I’m now Fantasizing about?

4. Candybuttons

It sounds like the trigger was kids, which equals to less sex, which leads to grumpy unhappy husband lol

5. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Which means they only give a crap about the amount of sex they get, despite the crap that comes out of their mouth

Candybuttons likes this.
  6. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

What I'm really trying to say is at 2 years old, that father figure is just a blur, still cant figure out peoples faces.....a brother or even sister if they are around more than the actual father, or as I said before even the family dog for all anyone knows.....whatever thing was most associate with feeling safe

Next time you are around a 2 year old, try and figure out what they can see. They can walk, sometimes talk a little, not bump into most things. You've always assumed they can see the same way you can, its not the case, dont understand peoples faces. Even if they can say Daddy, doesnt mean they understand what that means - this thing is named Daddy as opposed to this guy fertilized your mothers ovum to create you

Candybuttons likes this.
  7. iamjustme

iamjustme Wishful thinker HipForums Supporter

I don't think most men want to be a father figure to their significant other.
    I believe most confident, mature men want an equal partnership with the last say. That is to say, they want their wives to be active in decision making but reserve the right to have a final say to settle the matter.
    A woman can also be the alpha if the man is not good at it. My mother quite obviously wore the pants in the family. Dad just wasn't that authoritative but otherwise a great Dad.
    I personally would not want a weak minded woman looking to me to solve her problems, or heavily depend on me to provide her happiness. That is a team sport.
    Just my 2 cents.

Eric! likes this.
  8. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

It kind of is from a biological view. The "douche" is likely to be protective of children, likely to get into conflict over them. Women seek that. Sure on a higher thinking level no.

9. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Ugh, dude, all you are really doing is telling her how clueless you are about women

Melania Trump in the past, you dont think she'd just fuck the hot gardener if she wanted to, no one would see it, no one would find out

You think she is with Donald because she is attracted to douchebags?......as opposed to the billions of dollars she can buy stuff with

And why do you lot always revert to biology / evolutionary theory? A) Evolutionary theory doesnt work that way anyway B) If it did there would 7.6 Billion Chimps or West African Gorillas on the planet, not humans

Last edited: Jan 24, 2018
    Deidre likes this.
  10. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

I'd ever go as far to say thats why Melania seems pissed off she is first lady, under a lot more media scrutiny and a constant secret service entourage

She cant get away with her secret toy boys anymore

11. Deidre

Deidre Visitor

I don't think that being a protective father makes a guy a douche, or that it means he is one. Not sure what you mean?

I kind of agree with you, here.

12. Candybuttons

I think every woman has their own kind of daddy issues and we all desire something different. Personally, I’m not weak minded and I like things pretty equal in the relationship. I won’t do something unless I want to and I like to be a part of discision making. My daddy needs are pretty basic I think, but I just want them with an older guy. It’s hard to explain.

Eric! likes this.
  13. Candybuttons

I also want to clarify that I wouldn’t call him daddy all the time, just sometimes, and I couldn’t call a guy my own age or younger “daddy” that just wouldn’t have the same effect. Lol

14. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

That's funny! I do understand how that would be awkward.

Candybuttons likes this.
  15. Candybuttons

I could never be with Trump, mostly because of his appearance, he’s just not appealing to me, no matter how much money he has, I don’t wanna cringe every time we kiss etc.

Eric! likes this.
  16. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

If anyone needs a daddy lemme know.

Eric! likes this.
  17. Candybuttons

Your too young!

18. Candybuttons

43C2AC67-330B-43B3-A548-6C302A2DB656.jpeg Bruce would be great!
    Mmmmm Nom Nom Nom!

19. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Humans are apes that is why biology is important. Funny that I get women to admit it and it's only white knights who argue it. Being a dick works with some women especially younger ones not wise to the world.

There is a thing between confidence and being a dick. Where that line is varies between women but almost any women will say she likes a confident male.

20. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

If every woman has it, is it really an issue?