What's ur opinion on Biden?

Discussion in 'People' started by HrnyPssy, Jan 27, 2021.

1. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I do hope you don’t find too much glee in posting a meme like that. To suggest it sums up his entire career is myopic, to say the least.

Elected to the US Senate at age 29 (and not as part of a wealthy dynasty like the Kennedy family)…three decades on the Foreign Relations Committee…eight years as Vice President, and now, President.

Now- I DO agree that he is not as sharp as he was ten years ago. And I also believe that he is trying to do everything he can to not look like the Carter administration. (But it’s not working out too well).

Let’s stop the partisan BS that says my guy is great and your guy sucks, and just have a cogent discussion about the issues of the day.

That’s just one guy’s opinion, though. I understand that you will probably dismiss most of what I just said.

wrat1 and EZGoing like this.
  2. EZGoing

EZGoing Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

MM, your post is one of the most cogent, impressive and sincere entries that I have come across here, particularly in the political arena.
    I agree … perhaps the picture was disrespectful of the office, but my frustration sometimes gets the best of me…. Particularly when a cocktail lessens my inhibitions.
    Thanks again. Your post suggests that there is hope for respectful dialogue even with contrary opinions.

Piney, wrat1 and MidtownMind like this.
  3. MidtownMind

MidtownMind Hip Forums Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I appreciate your response as well! I did actually think that you were a mere contrarian and that’s it- but I see that is not the case.

And yes, I think that we and the politicians alike can all take a lesson from what political discourse used to be like- back before it was a case of “if you don’t believe what I believe, then you’re just stupid”, et al…it used to be that opposing viewpoints were at least respected, and discussed, and the search for common ground was actually a thing.

But now there’s so much indignance and so much grandstanding, on both sides…so I do appreciate a good discussion, whenever possible. :)

wrat1 and EZGoing like this.
  4. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

EZGoing likes this.
  5. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

At least Biden puts the toilet paper in the toilet after he is finished with it.

Flagme15 likes this.
  6. stormountainman

stormountainman Soy Un Truckero

Biden just cut a great deal to supply American liquified petroleum gas to Europe. American supplies will now replace the Russian. The jobs for American workers in this field will be long term, not the type where the guy gets let off a few minutes after the well is capped. Biden, unlike Trump, knows how to get the job done while protecting America's most sacred public lands.

MeAgain, zer0 and scratcho like this.
  7. zer0

zer0 Members

I just saw that news and thought: BRILLIANT. Til now I haven't had much of an opinion either way on Biden's accomplishments. But with that latest news I think he scored a huge triple-win. 1) He issues a major FU to Putin without firing a shot. 2) He further galvanizes Europe & USA (effectively repairing the rupture done by the last moron-in-chief) by showing that we're united in this conflict. And 3) like you said, he turns this into an economic win for the American worker & American business interests. Pretty cool I'd say.

8. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Although it is hard to believe, I think that if Trump had been in office, the war would not have happened. Or at least there would have been a better chance of reaching an agreement before this disaster. Does that mean Trump is better than Biden? No, I would say quite the opposite. It happens that Trump and Putin are governed by the same mafia codes, both are equally corrupt , and they have the same ambitions for power. The only difference is that Putin did well, and he held office almost for life, while Mr Trump did not fare so well and had to put aside his ambitions for power. But it is clear that Putin understands much better with Trump than with Biden.

~Zen~ likes this.
  9. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Add to that mix the fact that Trump was trying to get rid of NATO, and sided with the Russians in their desire to retake the Ukraine as 'sacred' ancestral territory.

sureño likes this.
  10. soulpoker

soulpoker Senior Member

And I bet t**** would've given troops and arms to Russia.

~Zen~ and nudistguyny like this.
  11. nudistguyny

nudistguyny Senior Member

I guess you have a short memory. The shortages started during the pandemic. Wide spread infections. People dying left and right. And the Trump administration very slow response on it. Making it worst then it should have been with false statements. Blaming others for blowing it out of context, which it wasn't.
    The pandemic and the poor tariff changes that were made. Added to long term shortages. Yes, fuel prices were below average. But that was because demand fell way down. And the oil companies found themselves with very high inventories. Now that the demand for fuel has greatly increased. Production has not met their pre-pandemic levels yet. And the fuel prices reflect that. Plus other marketing issues.
    Shortages are driving up product prices. It is a domino affect . One affects the other and down the line it goes.

The president does not not control oil production.
    The president does not control the free market.
    Try to remember that.

~Zen~ and MeAgain like this.
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Why do you think Trump being in office would have stopped Putin from further attacks in Ukraine.
    Remember Ukraine was already at war with Russia while Trump was in office and Trump tried to get Ukraine to dig up dirt on his political rival in exchange for defensive weapons.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  13. sureño

For the reasons I wrote above. Maybe the war was inevitable, but with Trump I'd see better chances.

14. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

Sorry. I don't understand your reasons.

Are you saying both Trump and Putin are corrupt, both love power, both are similar to La Cosa Nostra or the Camorra, and Putin understand Trump better? Perhaps because they both belong to or are the heads of corrupt, power hungry, criminal organizations?

So what would have happened? Trump would have kneecapped NATO, withheld arms to Ukraine, and maybe had Volodymyr Zelensky kidnapped or killed and then installed Putin's puppet government without Ukraine putting up any kind of fight at all?

Tyrsonswood and nudistguyny like this.
  15. nudistguyny

Trump had already worked to break up NATO. His actions while in office shows that. He created a lot of discourse among other members while in office. And even suggested that the United States withdraw from Parts of or All of NATO.
    Since Russia's reason for attacking Ukraine seems to be centered around fears of Ukraine becoming a member of NATO. That would most likely have not happened if Trump was still pushing Putin's demands . Trump would have yielded to what ever Putin wanted. Like he had done in his 4 years in office. How many times has Trump stood up for Putin. Even after the invasion of Ukraine Trump was calling Putin a genus. And saying that it was a very smart move. Etc. Look how long it took Trump to say anything negative at Russia's invasion .

Look at the Fox News interview with Trump . Hannity was feeding and trying to guide Trump to say the invasion was not okay. And Trump just kept on praising Putin. With out Biden regrouping NATO. Pulling the alliance back together again with a mutual defense agreement. That Ukraine started to get the aid and a lot of support that it needs.

No Trump would not have stopped anything that Russia / Putin was doing.

sureño likes this.
  16. sureño

That's right. It gives the impression that Trump owed Putin some favor ( something to do with the 2016 election maybe?:rolleyes:)

nudistguyny likes this.
  17. nudistguyny

I think that there is a lot more to it then Russia just interfering in the elections. We know that Trump's sons during a taped interview stated that they get most of their income from Russia. It is documented that a whole series of units in Trump towers where being " rented" by Russians. But we're never occupied. Almost like it was money laundering.

Yeah I feel that it runs very deep.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    MeAgain and sureño like this.
  18. Alice in SC

Alice in SC Senior Member

You Really Don't Wanna Know!

19. nettleEater

nettleEater Newbie

All politicians deceive the public and are informed by countless advisors. He is just the right person to pussy foot, and he is not doing it alone.

Ray Roberts likes this.