what's this obsession with pop culture

Discussion in 'Hippies' started by beatniksik, May 21, 2004.

1. Nathan11

Nathan11 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

WHOO HOO!
    Wait, which one?

2. prism

prism :o

You know... that one down the street. Prostitute Patty & Dirty Daisy are always hanging out there.

3. MichaelByrd1967

MichaelByrd1967 Garcia Wannabe

People obsessed with Pop culture have no independent identity. They latch onto the thing it's in, to make it look like they have an identity.

That's about it. :&

4. miami musician

miami musician Senior Member

i can't say that i am obsessed with pop culture, but sadly i have to keep an eye on it. in the music business field, the industry is constantly fueled by pop music and the culture itself. i don't listen to pop, i don't watch MTV, but my professor constantly tells us that we should, even if we don't like it. i guess because it shows the "trends" or whatever...

^^hey michaelbyrd, where in philly you from? :)

5. Lotus Butterfly

Lotus Butterfly Member

Hey Beachbum, I hear ya on that last part. In a world where people are afraid of being alone or out of the norm, T.V. does seem to bring some comfort. Maybe people should just face their fears instead. By the way, where did you get the pic of Ani? I love her!!!! :)