Whats the secret to make it work?

Discussion in 'Salvia Divinorum' started by mssunshine, May 24, 2004.

1. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

I smoked a buttload of this stuff this weekend. Nothing happened. My friend had it built up to me...and i had been reading about the trips here...so i was stoked that someonething would happen...then my friend was just laughing saying that it works for everyone else but me..LOL...

what a let down...

does it matter if your already high? i RARELY smoke pot...and i had smoked a few blunts and a few bowls....so i was pretty stoned...

we went to berkley so i bought $50 worth of this stuff...so i have alot left...what magic needs to be done to feel this?

2. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Member

Sounds like you may be a Salvia Hardhead. I smoked a Salvia joint, 3 bowls of 10x and chewed some leaf for 15 miniutes and only got to level 2. Guess I'm somewhat of a Hardhead my self. I have tried a few fresh leaves from my plants and got a slight buzz. This makes me think that if I use the normal dose of fresh leaf I'd do better then all the other stuff but I've got to wait for my plants to grow some before I can get any leaves from them. All I can say is to pick up some 20x and give it a try, be careful with it but maybe you need to go that strong to get resultes.

3. mssunshine

mssunshine Member

Whats a hardhead mean? I have alot of it, picked some up in Berkeley. Felt nothing. Not even dizzy.

4. ashleigh_mae

ashleigh_mae Member

actually, I have heard that smoking pot and then smoking salvia levels both of them out and you dont feel the salvia. of course, you could just be a hard head-- not a light weight

5. imabuildingburning

imabuildingburning Member

If you are having trouble achieving strong effects, and are smoking only the raw leaf, or 5x extract or weaker, then move up to either a 10x extract or higher, and take a couple nice big, long-held hits. That should do the trick. You'll know it when you have a full experience, trust me. I would say that doing 2 good hits of 15x extract is about on the same level as 5-10 hits of acid (I'm guessing though since I've never done that much) minus the visuals. Well, for a few minutes, at least.

6. ForestNymphe

ForestNymphe Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Hello mssunshine.

It's hard to say how much or when you will have an experience with salvia. It is so truly unique from any other psychadelic. Some folks have a reverse tolerance to salvia and are labled a "hardhead". Others have strong experiences after the first time. I have found this plant to be more of a spiritual teacher than a high, for it is nothing like acid, or shrooms or even morning glories. Salvia controls the experience and calls the shots. (imho) As for smoking pot and salvia, I rather enjoyed smoking weed while savoring the salvia afterglow, I had two head spaces at once and the warm effects of the marijuana was pleasant while coming down off salvia. Before trying a stronger extract, I would give either the pure leaf or a 5x extract another chance. I hope your experiences with salvia are beautiful. :)

7. white ginger

white ginger Senior Member

perhaps Lady Salvia is not ready to speak with you ? Or the other way around...
    I don't know. I have only read about it, lthough I have plans to try it soon

8. jerry420

jerry420 Doctor of everything Lifetime Supporter

same thing happened to me until we ground it to almost a powdery substance,
    it seems( for me at least) thatyou need to break it up into smaller peices. its a surface area thing. i did like 10 bonghits at a party and nothing happened. then i went to a friends house and we broke it uup into fine pieces and that did the trick. i said as i was about to hit the bong " ill handle this like a champ" boy was i wrong, i was drooling and sluggish lol.

9. SpringSnow

SpringSnow Member

I've smoked loads of salvia, including the 10x, and never had any kind of 'psychedelic' experience. Only headache, confusion and more sweat than I would like.

Some people like it, I hate it. The feeling for me is like banging my head on a wall.

Also note that for quite a few people salvivorine has little or no effects.

10. psychedelicsmoke

psychedelicsmoke Member

its all about letting go..............

How can we imagine,what we in principle cannot imagine--mckenna

11. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Member

Same here, I've smoked loads of 10x and never got past a very strong weed buzz from it. Oh sure, I get the "gravity" deal and even feel like things are kind of moving around but I've yet to see any little green men trying to talk to me. I think for me the peacefull afterglow is the most important part of the Salvia expirence. I've had some deep thoughts after I've come down. One cool thing is that while it's about the same as smoking weed(at least for me anyway) it is legal and there's no drug test to worry about. Smoke up and enjoy. :D

12. BlackBillBlake

BlackBillBlake resigned HipForums Supporter

13. BlackBillBlake

See my post on this forum under 'salvia experiences' for a very effective method of smoking the leaf which produces a very intense experience - at least it did it for me!

14. interval_illusion

interval_illusion Deceased

i felt nothing. i smoked. i did that nasty quad shit. fuck that.

ill take me e, pot, shrooms, acid, mesh...

whatever, if they're reallly, THEY'RE WOOORK.

15. psychedelicsmoke

psychedelicsmoke Member

i totally agree blackbill , i do think to some extent there is a level of not feeling full effects because of holding on to reality even perhaps before you start your experience ,i have to be willing to lose all self, i have been propelled many times before even having a chance to let the smoke out(and then forgeting what i had done or even while im holding breath),but as for a pleasant effect its much easier to accept if you let what happens happen than trying to struggle with it, If i dont focus on my intention and full total respect ill have little effects than when i give it my full blown attention(which is what i know it deserves)-more of a letting go before using

16. BlackBillBlake

mmmm...... it seems that this thing is different for different people. I agree that it's best to be as open minded and 'loose' as possible before use. Even so, the full effect may still come as something of a shock.

17. AnarchistScott

AnarchistScott Member

The best way of smoking it I find is to use a gravity bong/bucket. I tried it in a lung but hardly felt anything and my m8 tried piping it but not affects. But I find with the same amount of salvia in a bucket/gravity bong that I can usually hit level4/5.

18. redgreenvines

redgreenvines Member

last night I did not go anywhree or see anything - just some sense of dissociation with my surroundings and a bit of visual jerkiness.
    and I went with 3 puffs - go figgure (set and setting?)

this morning however, one puff and
    first the world was covered in long stemmed pink roses like a celluloid film over everything (OEV) then the roses mapped over my arms and everything, and I was aware of the "presences" of others, and an intense body pressure.