Whats the First Thing You Gonna Do When Lockdown Ends?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Dax, May 15, 2020.

1. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

The "lock down" existed only if you were scared enough.

Even after everything opens, and the virus becomes nullified, he problem is the social distancing culture was born, and it's here to stay.

Thanks to the fear mongering, we now live in a permanent orwellian Covid-1984.

Wear your mask, obedient slave.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  2. deleted

deleted Visitor

For the record I don't buy it to drink..
    I buy it to make edibles..

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i suppose any instance of obeying the law only exists if you're scared enough, but i think being scared of the police is fairly natural.

4. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Going to the cigar bar in town with a few buddies. Drink some rum and smoke a few cigars:)

mysticblu21, Adamskiffle and GLENGLEN like this.
  5. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

So....you don't belive in the virus?

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i don't expect the logical advice to continue to socially isolate to end. nor the plagues and conditions making it logical.
    not as long as the automobile is the god of transportation, and population increase is culturally perceived as a good thing.
    somewhere in the next five to twenty years, THIS one will have been cured, only to be replaced by another and another,
    and that's even still before sea level rise, even of only a few feet, throws even more into a cocked hat.

yes there are things i'd like to see return, or with a reduction in the complications brought on by the current context.
    filter masks need to become cheap or free. the ones i have were when i bought them, because it was before any of this hit.
    i really wasn't expecting to start getting plagues before other events had happened or gotten more sever, though generally i'm not surprised this one did.

things i look forward to, there's no gurantee of. they're things that partially depend on people getting smarter.
    unlikely as that sounds, its not entirely impossible.

we're not as individuals, "locked down", only sensibly advised to take sensible precautions.
    many kinds of small businesses are "locked up", as a sensible precaution, that yes, there are problems from this,
    but the big part of those problems is how we've let ourselves become dependent, as an economy, on things that never made that much sense, to begin with.

mysticblu21 likes this.