Whats the First Thing You Gonna Do When Lockdown Ends?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by Dax, May 15, 2020.

1. Dax

Dax Members

Surely it should be called lockup and not lockdown?

First I'm gonna go to my favourite pub and down a yard of ice cold ale! Then I'll decide whats next!

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i assume it will officially end at midnight, so i will probably be heading to bed at that time.

other than that, probably working like crazy. i've been working like crazy the whole time, but there will still be a lot of catching up to do once things are opened up again.

Dax likes this.
  3. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

Go see my Mum

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. deleted

deleted Visitor

Nothing really changed for me tho.. Other than annoying dispensary trips.. Ive had enough food. I work part time and that's not effected. Stores I shop in regular were open, hardware, beer, giant eagle an'nat. I dont like going out to eat but do because my girlfriend likes that. If we never go out to eat again wont bother me. But Ive been buying food from pizza shops and sushi shops the entire time.

Driftrue, mysticblu21 and Dax like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

6. FritzDaKatx2

FritzDaKatx2 Vinegar Taster

Chinese buffet.
    Wok & Roll on Ina road n. Tucson does a seafood buffet on weekends
    . $16 a head but I get my money's worth in crab legs. Awesome lil place for anyone passing through town.

seafort11 and mysticblu21 like this.
  7. Adamskiffle

Adamskiffle Members

& a big motherfucking Indian takeaway!!!!!!!

FritzDaKatx2 and mysticblu21 like this.
  8. Going to go down to the corner

Driftrue and mysticblu21 like this.
  9. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Gonna go dancing with my favorite lady and show her all my new moves I've learned on YouTube during "Lockup"

Driftrue likes this.
  10. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The lockdown isn't going to end all at once. Today is the first day in Oregon where they're allowing some non-essential shops to re-open. People working there must wear masks & gloves and limit the number of shoppers at one time. I checked it out, most shops haven't re-opened yet, they weren't given much notice and some are still in the middle of remodeling.

If the number of infections doesn't skyrocket then the next step would be to allow bars and restaurants to have customers sit inside, with limited capacity. Barbershops and salons will re-open then, requiring the workers to wear masks & gloves and you may have to get a shampoo from them before they cut your hair.

Wisconsin has ended the stay at home order and bars there have been packed. We're keeping an eye on the situation there.

11. deleted

deleted Visitor

The liquor store was open today for walk-ins.. it wasn't even busy.
    You are able to order online curbside. I didn't bother...
    I've grabbed four these puppies today..
    I was in line for 30 seconds..
    IMG_20200515_201526874.jpg

mysticblu21 likes this.
  12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

^ i thought they stopped selling everclear. apparently they just lowered the alcohol content from instant death to slow and painful death.

mysticblu21, Driftrue and Orison like this.
  13. Bilby

Bilby Lifetime Supporter and Freerangertarian Super Moderator

Travel.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

Just Completed My "First Thing"...:smile:....Bought Stuff I Haven't Enjoyed For Over 2 Months... :( ....A Dozen

Bottles Of My Fave Champagne...:yum:....And My Fave Pizza For Saturday Lunch...:yum:....One Bottle Down And

Life Is Good.. :p ....And Going To Get Even Better As The Day Progresses....... :D

Cheers Glen.

15. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Book a flight to eanable a 'special' friend to come and join me, then book a table at our favourite restaurant for an enjoyable evening.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  16. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

My life pretty much hasn't changed but when it "ends" I will go to work. And I'm looking forward to having my parents visit. Haven't seen them since last July.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  17. jimandjan

jimandjan Member

I will visit our local sports bar, It opened earlier this week. We did order carry out, but just to be safe, We will wait a little longer to be on the safe side. I wonder what they are watching on all the large screen tvs since there is no sports on.

Dax likes this.
  18. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i know a guy with a very nice sports themed garage/man cave; generally i end up over there for most major sporting events. when the bars first closed, he opened up his garage to be basically the town's replacement bar, and i was there a couple times as the whole group intently watched that show where a family goes shopping for cabins. there were some pretty heated arguments over which cabin they were going to buy.

jimandjan likes this.
  19. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I want to go to the movies but nothings even opening till November.

20. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Of course there are those who want the lockdown completely lifted immediately, but I still want social distancing from them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Eric! and mysticblu21 like this.