What's the best self-help book you have read?

Discussion in 'Self-Help Books' started by Jacktoo, May 20, 2010.

1. Napoleon Hill’s Spectre

Napoleon Hill’s Spectre Members

I love Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill. Magnificent.

2. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

My friend lent me this book but I haven't read it yet. I have picked up some information about it on YouTube however. Was particularly interested in his transformation of sexual energy into becoming man of genius.

3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

This book, Play of Consciousness which was given to me by my spiritual Norwegian guru, Eystein.
    I have it locked in my small house safe, still in the bag he bought it in which he wrote runes on, and it still contains the scents of fragrance and incense that it was bought with.
    I hold it as one of my most meaningful gifts and I still get goosebumps when I open it. I no longer see Eystein anymore as we are worlds apart, but he was an extremely intelligent, spiritual man who taught me to be who I am as myself, I will quote what he told me which I use here frequently. "Do not worry about what others think of you, that is there burden to worry about and not something you need to bother with." He told me that about a decade ago and it's advice I cherish on a daily basis.

Eystein was a man of awesome stories, from him growing up in Norway fighting sailers in bars for petty cash, or his adventure through spiritual realms would often have me just amazed. Whether he spun the tales or they were truth I have never known, but you only had to look at the guy to know there was a long hard journey in life, and he'd made peace with it and offered to teach me things he'd learned. I will always be thankful of him. He would be near 60 now, white long hair, white long beard and covered in runic tattoos.

[​IMG]

Ged likes this.
  4. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

This is a new side to you I haven't yet seen Irminsul.

5. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

The more you get to know me, the more inconsistent I seem to become. I am extremely spiritual though, the auras this book talks about I have seen and felt, I just haven't crossed into that amazing full blown out of body experience type of deals as my head is often clouded with rubbish and trash.

Ever since I became focused on these auras during sleep time I have clearly noticed I can fall asleep much faster and have better deep sleep cycles, if only for half an hour.

The main heart ache with this book was the acceptance to need to "love your guru" the author had a love for his guru, I did not, I didn't have a personal guru, Eystein would have been close, but I didn't "love" him. When I approached him with this information he snickered at me and said "well, adore me then" which I did, so it worked.

Ged likes this.
  6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

7. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

We did this in Communication Studies A level. It made an impression and I still use it sometimes. But not when people are most definitely "Not Okay."

8. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Another one I recently picked up at an airport magazine shop. Was a good. Humor read that was very relevant to me, I enjoyed it. It works too. If you just don't give a fuck then you end up giving zero fucks and giving zero fucks means you just get on with your life.

So in closing; give zero fucks, live happier.

20181215_170836.jpg

9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I read it ages ago to gain a better understanding of human relations and as a coping mechanism

10. InIeternal

InIeternal Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  11. InIeternal

InIeternal Member

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  12. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

13. InIeternal

InIeternal Member

I love hearing what Alan Watts has to say. I watch his videos on youtube.

MeAgain likes this.
  14. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

A tune a Day !

15. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Burt Weedon's "Play In A Day!"

Mallyboppa likes this.
  16. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

17. Machineman1357

Machineman1357 Members

I struggled to find a clear method to apply to everything I did in life, so when I finally found it I put it into a short and sweet ebook.
    https://www.amazon.ca/dp/B07P1JKKTL

18. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Best self-help book is one containing just a single word :

DON'T !!!