whats the best lube for vaginal sex?

Discussion in 'Sexual Health' started by kx250, Apr 5, 2007.

1. kx250

kx250 Member

im kind of big, and its been causing trouble for my gf. id like to try synthetic lube but not sure where to start. i saw a commercial for the new KY stuff. is it any good? is there better? would like stuff that taste decent. what should i go for? and where can i get it? thanks.

2. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

if you want something that tastes good, youll have to go hutn down a flavoured lube. which means you have to be careful that its one that doesnt cause yeast infections (something that will make her not want to fuck you for at leas t aweek, probably). i have some o'my flavoured lube samples hiding in my nightstand but i havent tried an yet... though the lady at the sex shop highly recommended them. slippery kitty strawberry lube is another one that i thought was nice at a sex toy show but anywhere i can find it local (and not pay S&H) it seems to be really expensive

3. kx250

kx250 Member

it doesn't have to be flavored i guess. just not taste bad. or have no taste would be the be the best, so it doesn't cover her natural taste.

4. TransAmRocker

TransAmRocker Member

5. mighty_thor

mighty_thor Member

One word:

Astroglide.

Get it at Walmart, or just about anywhere. :)

It *does* taste a little different, but its texture is MUCH more life-like than KY, imho. However, KY is not bad either.

6. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

What do persons seeing this post think about Vaseline? It is much longer lasting than KY or Astroglide, but some say it is not good to put inside a woman's vagina. But it is used regularly in many areas of the world.

Of course, a lubricated condom is best if there is a chance of pregnancy or disease, but for those of us who don't have these concerns and love the natural feel, and if the woman's natural lube is not always enough, what do you like and recommend?

7. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

vaseline is horrible, doesnt washo ut easily, causes yeast infections in som ewomen because it doesnt let their pussy breathe, isnt compatible with condoms... yeah,m less than stellar. ky and astroglidea re the two most ocmmon brands ive heard referred to, and o'my has gotten some good reviews as well

8. kx250

kx250 Member

were do they sell astroglide and ky? they actually sell them at walmart or pharmacys? or do i have to go to a sex shop?

9. Allonym

Allonym cheesecake slut

ive seen ky at least in pharmacies, i dont shop at walmart though and ive never kept an eye out for astroglide. theyre common enough they should be there though, near the condoms (which are great, hurrah for std and pregnancy prevention)

10. Coopdog

Coopdog Member

:) will keep my mouth shut

EDIT: Love your signature Allonym Zombie gets me off

11. Cutted

Cutted Cutted

KX260 - they are also called "Personal lubricants" and should be near the condoms, and easily available in most drug stores or pharmacies.

12. hey8122

hey8122 Member

astroglide... for sure... KY is too thick and is, well a jelly. Astroglide is a lubricating liquid... works great w/ or w/o a condom!

13. Kyss56

Kyss56 Member

You could go to a spencers store or the like. They have a bunch of flavors. I have the green apple lube.. it's actually pretty cool. Other than that, you can try wet lube.. it's very slippery. Ky jelly is nice except it can get sticky-ish.

14. Kyss56

Kyss56 Member

Tried to delete this double post.

15. wiggy

wiggy Bitch

vaseline is a big no no for women and vaginal sex - basically it can cause thrush and a few other nastie infections as it doesnt breathe!!!!

your best bet is to get some KY and go from there

16. benotfree

benotfree Member

Personally I dont like any of the WET lubes, I find they dry out quickly and get sticky (not nice) and the flavors are awful. I perfer Moist, safe with condoms nice clean up.