What's Happening???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Why don't you correct the post above mine while you're at it.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Did I offend you? : )

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Not offended but I don't follow why you're calling me out.

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

it's not calling YOU out, it could have been anyone. it's just an Americanism that annoys me for no reason and every time I come cross it I notice it and it ALL JUST GOT TOO MUCH and i had to SAY SOMETHING. my comment was not just directed at you, but at every american who says "couple hours".

5. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Also I didn't think anyone would take it as being "called out" because it's totally normal to say and loads of you do it, so it's not even an error.

6. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Well in this heat Couple Hours is the correct phrase

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I talked to my mum since then and it was just too chaotic for her and this big family of ours at the time. She said I always had one good thing about me growing up as a kid was I'd just look after myself so in that sense I was easy to look after. My family were farmers and my dad and uncle were always travelling from town to town selling stuff at markets etc. and since I was efficient enough to keep myself entertained, I got to go a lot. So was just us 3 in a truck really and a wagon. Only education I got was what I was viewing with my eyes and hearing with my ears.

Mum and I are close, I always asked her what was up with all that, she alerted to nothing serious. But there's one thing I do you see. She's my mum, so whatever characteristic and trait I have I look straight to my parents to look for similarities. And I don't like kids. And I have a feeling by the time I was of age of being myself, she'd gone through that 3 times and then had my youngest.

Personally I feel she was just worn out and my attitude didn't help the situation any either as I was always loud and kicking balls in the house etc lol having a good time. I was always the one to question everything and really just a pain in the ass.

Maybe she had the post natal depression that lasted a while. Maybe things weren't good between her and the family I couldn't understand yet.

Anyway we are all good. I thought she'd crack it when I ended up with a girl, butike they said they kind of figured that out probably before I did and the only legitimate concern my mum ever seemed to have was whether or not two girls could enjoy sex. Which blew my mind at the time lol. Getting that talk at 17yo.

Since my wife's parents passed away when she was young, the closer I got with her, the closer my mum did too. Now they're just as close as any of mums daughters. :)

Driftrue likes this.
  8. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Yeah I think this is a good point, even when I played pool I wasnt really competitive with it. I would be competitive with myself I guess, like I always wanted to improve but I didnt care a whole lot about winning except for how it affected the team as a whole.
    And I'm a tomboy, I like running around in the woods and getting dirty and camping and all that fun stuff, I'm more boy scouts than girl scouts lol. But I dont care about competition or really have competitive interests
    I think in general girls are taught to be more cooperative minded, less competitive

9. deleted

deleted Visitor

"its couple a" .. like Andrew Coppola years. Coppola weeks, Coppola Hours..

What yinz talking about..

Its a cup a la.. la la la...

Driftrue likes this.
  10. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yeah but all that has nothing to do with interests and hobbies.. because you can have non-competitive hobbies.

think about the concept of adult men who do model train things. or model anything building. or fucking around in their shed. or taking an engine apart.

how often do you meet women like that? there are quite a few of us here, we've already covered the fact that HF attracts rare females : )
    I think the main part is that if you spend your whole childhood playing at House and Motherhood... that's all you're going to do as an adult. Like sure you might develop an interest in a book group or knitting.. but that kind of.. passion for play.. wherever you find it.

Most women, by their 30s.. I find quite dull to talk to. I don't mean that offensively.. just that they seem preoccupied with playing House and Motherhood.

11. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I find talking quite dull in general sometimes lol.
    Probably a weird thing to say on a forum where all we do is chat, but in face to face interactions I've noticed women mostly like to talk, and guys like to do. I prefer to do. I do love having a good deep conversation with a close female friend, but can't really stand idle chit chat. When I first started hanging out with my group of friends..like..14 years ago now, fuck that's crazy..anyways it took me a long time to warm up to and get to know the girls because I always wanted to be outside doing things with the guys rather than inside talking and eating with the girls

12. Meliai

Meliai Banned

Actually even after 14 years I still feel odd when it's just the girls hanging out, I dont really feel comfortable unless there are guys there too. It's a discernable shift in energy

13. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I'm expecting a call from the bank in 15mins about my refinancing application. :grimacing:

14. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I am completely confused with the bank questions so I put them on with my wife. :)

Im hoping for a little victory here. I'm just consolidating some finances together and trying to have the bank just add it onto the home loan.

The thing that frustrates me is I uploaded all our details and payslips and utility bill blah blah and then you end up talking to someone IRL and then they want you to send it to them personally and it's like ffs I uploaded it.

Last edited: Sep 4, 2019
    Orison likes this.
  15. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

Going out tonight into the town (finaly ) !

morrow likes this.
  16. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Bank is unconditionally approved.
    Sweeeeet.

17. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Does anyone have any contact with Heat? I remember that she was ill and we haven't heard from her in a while :-/

18. Rots in hell

Rots in hell Senior Member

I hope for the best for her but fear the worst she was very ill ! Can someone cheer us up ?

19. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I finally got my car tag renewed, yesterday. It was due in May!

I had to drive it 65 miles yesterday between emission tests because I had to disconnect the battery to get the "check engine" light to go off.

Ridiculous but at least I'm current on the tag until May rolls around again.

20. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

After lamenting how hot it was the other day, I found myself in the middle of a thunder, lightning and rain storm yesterday.

It was really unexpected, one minute it's sunny and blue skies, like it's been for the past few months, the next I'm seeing streaks of lightning, followed by storm clouds moving over head all within about 10 mins.

Running Horse and Aerianne like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.