What's Happening???

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Aerianne, Jun 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You're completely right, it's just I feel sorry for the fact so many women don't develop skills and talent.. I feel like I was really lucky to get into my late twenties before I felt confident about my looks. I always assumed I wasn't very good looking, which probably helped me develop an attractive personality. I wasn't an especially cute kid. A bit ugly ducking scenario. So I feel like it's not always the woman's fault.. Having everyone coo over your looks all your life isn't necessarily a good thing.

Irminsul and Mallyboppa like this.
  2. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I went on myspace last night to see if I could find my old electronic tunes I used to make. I can still search them but apparently they won't play, Tom has deserted us all!

3. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I visited my old Myspace page not long ago and was amused by how I ordered my top 8

4. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

Myspaaaaace. I met my best friend on there. We'd lived ten minutes walk apart all our lives pretty much.

5. new Athenian

new Athenian Members

C'mon VG everyone who isn't born mentally retarded has a special gift they're born with.

The nature of our grill and drill education system and societal structure traps most into a rut before they have a chance to develop it.

Mallyboppa likes this.
  6. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

he's overstating it.. but there is truth in it.
    i feel like boys are more likely to develop hobbies and interests... girls are herded towards playing at motherhood with dolls, then clothes and make-up..

so it's not like it's set that way, that it's genetic or anything. it's society. but it is there.

7. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

For example, Irminsul stands out. I don't often meet women my age who have so many things like her racing, pool etc.
    Loads of men like that, rare in women.

Irminsul likes this.
  8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

In my world, money positively matters!

Driftrue likes this.
  9. Aerianne

Hey Man!

Running Horse likes this.
  10. Aerianne

11. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Most of the music was lost in a server upgrade several years ago... Probably on purpose because less music means less needed server space = lower server cost.

12. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

You guys probably wouldn't know about this because I think it was a UK based site.. but before MySpace got big, THE social media site amongst people I knew anyway was FaceParty.com

i'd totally forgotten about that. it's still there! trying to remember my username.

13. Aerianne

I hate technology sometimes.

The website for paying my trash bill, and the website for my vape supplies, are both screwed up and I can't make a payment.

I'd call them but my phone doesn't get a reliable signal on the property.

Damn it. Give me a wired phone and a freaking couple of postage stamps!

GLENGLEN and Orison like this.
  14. Aerianne

Oh, and a check book, too.

15. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

A couple years back i went 8 months paying for the landline not realising I had never used it in that time

16. deleted

deleted Visitor

Tesla locked people out their cars.. app dont work..

Ive an app to learn air-traffic talk. Its called plane-english ..for a while it was awesome, I can hear what the tower says repeat get scored. now I cant hear anything but garble. sure thats a lot more realistic to real life lmao ..it was working fine on trail, paid for it, and two weeks later its all fucked up.. I really liked it til now. I just want to bust the fucking thing. it made me so happy .. figures. bout the only learning tool out there too. fbs!

17. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

It's really hot outside today, I've retreated to the air conditioned library for a couple hours.

18. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

a couple OF hours.

i have never ever corrected an American on this, but I always want to. I know you don't all do it. COUPLE OF HOURS, DAMN IT.

Tyrsonswood likes this.
  19. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I grew up a bit differently though in comparison to all my sisters who are much different than me.

My dad wanted a son and kept trying and ended up with four daughters. I never got along with my mum all that well when I was growing up I always felt unwanted or that even though I was too young to understand depressions, I always had the feeling I was the catalyst of some sort of negative emotion for my mum. (all good now though) so I was mostly around my dad and uncle. I didn't really get to do the "female" chores, was more "man" work.

The two things you mention pool and my iracing, well they're similar in one way. Competition and I definitely have a competitive gene in me with a desire to be better than my opponents. That is something you don't see too often in women unless they're sporty or something I mean even in gaming most chicks laugh something off, wheras I really get pissed off and like... I'm not leaving until I do this! Lol.

My wife, total opposite. Total opposite.

But like she always says to me, it's my passion, determination and willpower that are my qualities when it comes to competition.

Driftrue likes this.
  20. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

yes, i think a lot of it must be to do with how your brought up and who by.
    glad you have things okay with your mum in adulthood, by the way.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.