What's going on in your head when you're asleep?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Wizardofodd, Feb 5, 2019.

1. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

I remember one dream from years ago when my sons were younger. Long story but we had some issues and I probably felt like we needed to connect with him more at the time or something. In my dream I was searching and searching for him. I was trying to decide if I should stay where I was because I thought he would show up or if I should go to another place I thought he might be and look there. It was actually kind of a sad dream. Then there was a voice....almost a haunting voice that I will never forget. I can't really describe it very well but it sounded like it was from another place. It wasn't male or female. It said in a calm, echoing but warning type of tone "If you go........he won't be there."

I feel like maybe there was some other stuff it said too but that last line woke me up out of a dead sleep. It was powerful and I can never forget how it sounded or made me feel.

2. Wizardofodd

Wizardofodd Senior Member

My dreams have been so vivid lately and mostly not great....from what I can remember. But here is something that I don't know what to think of. The other night, while on vacation, my wife and daughter slept in another room at our AirBnB. I slept in the main room that night. They both swear that they woke up around midnight and could clearly hear me talking. They even thought someone else was in our rental at first. They told me they finally realized that I was asleep and just talking, laughing and carrying on as if I was talking to someone next to me.

In a way, that seems kind of reassurring on some level but it kind freaks me out a little bit too. I asked my wife if she hears this all the time. She said "Not really....but I am usually a heavy sleeper. You might do this all the time and I just don't hear it."

I'm really kind of weirded out by it...especially since I've been having a lot of kind of disturbing dreams lately.

3. StellarCoon

StellarCoon Dr. Professor

how i need to level up more in WoW.

4. themnax

themnax Senior Member

living in a world where no one hates the four good thoughts (logic, consideration, honesty and imagination).
    not that people don't DO all the different kind of things, but how no one hating those four things, just completely makes a world more free and able to enjoy living it.

everything more interesting shapes because of this. no one buys, sells, owns other creatures but many allow them to come and go into their houses.

every dream is different though, and anything COULD be in any one of them. but in general they are more in that world then this one.

5. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

The music thing makes a lot of sense to me - better yet a lot of things make better sense when I am asleep or in the middle of a dream.

Like there are so many times in a dream (the ones I remember) where I have an "A Ha!" moment like I have everything figured out, and the whole world makes sense. Then I wake up, nothing makes sense, and I am back in this same shitty reality.

Also, something quite weird - I get really erotic type dreams where I am really turned on then I wake up thinking I would masturbate but I'm like "nah, never mind." That one always boggles me.