What ya watching for Halloween 2020

Discussion in 'Horror Movies' started by djomalley, Oct 3, 2020.

1. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Per usual, I’m going to try to watch as many horror flicks as possible for the month of October... Movies I’ve seen; movies I haven’t. So far I’ve knocked out David Cronenberg’s ‘The Brood’ (which I had never seen, so fn awesome 4/5) and currently rewatching Re-Animator. What y’all watching/planning on watching? Ones you watch ever year?

2. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

mysticblu21 and djomalley like this.
  3. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I know it's no horror plot, but I think some Picard/Star Trek action might be sick.

I heard too that Rob Zombie has a new iteration (or maybe it's a new movie - I'm not up on my horror, obviously) of House of 1,000 Corpses. :)

djomalley likes this.
  4. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

Picard is flat out horrible... Sadly. Discovery is always on point tho!

The 3rd House of 1000 Corpses flick is called ‘3 From Hell’ and I enjoyed the ride. Not my favorite of the 3, but definitely worth a watch!

soulcompromise likes this.
  5. djomalley

djomalley Fanch King

So far these are the ones I’ve watched...

(1) The Brood (1979) David Cronenberg

Body Horror is great but watching Oliver Reed & Art Hindle try to out-daddy each other rly pushed this over the top for me.

8/10

(2) Re-Animator (1985) Stuart Gordon

I think the real lesson learned here is that everyone loses their head sometimes. ‍♂️

7/10

(3) We Are What We Are (2013) Jim Mickle

Interesting premise that fizzles out in its own well built atmosphere. When you’re dealing with subject matter such as this, you really need to rattle the cage when it comes to pushing the limit... And nothing here is ever taken as far as it can go.

4/10

(4) The People Under the Stairs (1991) Wes Craven

Wes Craven does a twisted version of The Goonies but turns the volume way up on topics like racism, classism, and the creamy shit stain that is capitalism... All with blood, guts, adventure, and plenty of fn weird. A real slice of Americana.

We see you, Rayanne!

9/10

(5) Yummy (2019) Lars Damoiseaux

Didn’t read the synopsis going in and was rly disappointed that they went with zombies. The set-up could’ve led to something even darker than what the film ended up being, which was, by all means, pretty fn dark. Great gore! Capable cast... But unless you’re bringing a whole new twist to the sub genre, leave the zombies be.

4/10

(6) Depraved (2019) Larry Fessenden

Does the absolute most in the parameters of the film’s budget... And Alex Breaux really gives Adam all the life. Would’ve liked to seen the complexity of the relationships of the characters highlighted a bit more, but an enjoyably thoughtful watch nonetheless.

6/10

6. GypsyHolly83

GypsyHolly83 Members

We watched the original Halloween. I love it. I finally got the guts and watched Terrifier during the week.. no my style!

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

Disagreed! Captain Picard is awesome.
    Now, I think I'll go have some tea--Earl Grey, black

mysticblu21 likes this.
  8. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I watched Friday the 13th but I didnt ever get to viewing HALLOWEEN! (I got doing other stuff I guess)