What would you do if you had psychic powers?

Discussion in 'Psychic' started by dropeaves, Jun 20, 2022.

1. dropeaves

dropeaves Banned

I'd go play the ponies.

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Try to relieve other's psychic suffering.
    Try to heal my mate's SLE & TBI.
    Make her lilies & irises grow and blossom.

May all beings everywhere plagued with sufferings of the body and mind be quickly freed of their illnesses.
    May the frightened cease to be afraid, and may the bound go free.
    May the powerless find power,
    And may the people think of befriending one another.

3. M_Ranko

M_Ranko Straight edge xXx

With precognition I would totally cheat at gambling.

4. Riza3000

Riza3000 Members

I'd use it to help my mom win the lottery. She'd be able to live life she's always wanted, doesn't have to answer to no one--she'd be her own boss. I'd also use it to communicate with spirits, ask them what it's like on the other side.

5. Riza3000

Riza3000 Members

Those are the most humble and sweetest ways/reasons to use the ability :)

6. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well if i could teleport to the store, i wouldn't have to live in a dam city.

and no, i wouldn't waste my time on anything as mundane and boring as gamboling or money.
    but i would do a lot of exploring of odd little places.

telepresence without actual physical presence, i would probably explore a lot of worlds, the odd interesting places on them, that would not likely support actual life.

there's really not all that much that would interest me about human society any more at my age, but i would wish everyone happiness, and not their clinging to the illogic that is responsible for most of the lack of it existing.

there are a lot of gestalt decisions i would influence toward being more logical for environments and infrastructure and how that also affects them.

i would intervene to prevent individuals from harming each other if i should happen to be confronted by a situation where they were doing so,
    but i would not go around looking for them to do so.

also i'm not a healer, but again if i encountered a situation and was able, then i would of course do what i could.
    and not just for humans.

i would not rob a preditor of its lunch, and this would sometimes be hard not to do, but i would encourage members of other species to form bonds of friendship with me.

making things in real life, the way i create 3d geometry on the computer would be my most interest and greatest fun.

i really don't think i'd be any more social then i am, but i would feel a lot more confident and secure. and by not social i just mean not emotionally requiring companionship, i would still have no wish to cause harm and would continue to take everything into consideration before acting and the potential of causing harm if i failed to.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
  7. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i would definately create odd little houses in the woods by bending and shaping living wood and stone and live in one of them instead of having to deal with symbolic money at all.
    (and let people who didn't have places live in the rest of them)

and little narrow gauge trains people could sit and ride on instead of having to have cars and roads.

8. Intrepid37

Intrepid37 Banned

It would depend on what the "powers" were exactly.

9. Bazz888

Bazz888 Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'd make everyone feel compassionate about making others plight better such that they take action to do so.
    I'd make the lottery throw up letters instead of numbers
    I'd remove taboo from everyone's mindset
    I would change people's inhibitions so they would be more open to enjoying a nudist day once a week on the day of their choosing.
    And shagging me; I'd like more people to approach me so we could masturbate and have sexy fun generally, anywhere. :D

10. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

If by psychic powers you mean mind reading, I'd use it to read women's minds, find one who wants to fuck me and I'd approach her. Make a complicated process simple. :p

11. Moon Goddess

Moon Goddess Supporter HipForums Supporter

The basics are;
    Clairaudience (hearing voices)Clairvoyance (seeing images)
    Clairsentience (recognizing feelings)Claircognizance (knowing)

Here's a list of specific psychic abilities and their meanings, as per Wikipedia

Psychic abilities[edit]
    • Astral projection or mental projection – The ability to voluntarily project an astral body or mental body, being associated with the out-of-body experience, in which one’s consciousness is felt to temporarily separate from the physical body.[1][page needed]
    • Atmokinesis – The ability to control the weather such as calling rainfall or storms.
    • Automatic writing – The ability to draw or write without conscious intent.[2][page needed]
    • Bilocation — The ability to be present in two different places at the same time, usually attributed to a saint.
    • Energy medicine – The ability to heal with one's own empathic, etheric, astral, mental or spiritual energy.[3]
    • Ergokinesis - The ability to influence the movement of energy, such as electricity, without direct interaction.
    • Levitation or transvection – The ability to float or fly by mystical means.[4][page needed]
    • Materialization — The creation of objects and materials or the appearance of matter from unknown sources.[5]
    • Mediumship or channeling – The ability to communicate with spirits.[6]
    • Petrification — The power to turn a living being to stone by looking them in the eye.
    • Prophecy (also prediction, premonition, or prognostication) — the ability to foretell events, without using induction or deduction from known facts.[7]
    • Psychic surgery – The ability to remove disease or disorder within or over the body tissue via an "energetic" incision that heals immediately afterwards.[8]
    • Psychokinesis or telekinesis – The ability to influence a physical system without physical interaction, typically manifesting as being able to exert force, control objects and move matter with one's mind.[9]
    • Pyrokinesis – The ability to control flames, fire, or heat using one's mind.
    • Iddhi – Psychic abilities gained through Buddhist meditation.
    • Shapeshifting or transformation — The ability to physically transform the user's body into anything.
    • Thoughtography - The ability to impress an image by ‘burning’ it on a surface using one’s own mind only.
    • Xenoglossy — The ability of a person to suddenly learn to write and speak a foreign language without any natural means such as studying or research, but that is often rather bestowed by divine agents.
    • Witnessing - The gift of being visited by high profile spiritual beings such as Mary, Jesus or Fudosama (Acala) from Buddhist Traditions.
    • Inedia - The ability to survive without eating or drinking, multiple cases have resulted in starvation or dehydration.
    Extrasensory perception[edit]
    Main article: Extrasensory perception
    Extrasensory perception, or sixth sense, is an ability in itself as well as comprising a set of abilities.

• Clairvoyance — The ability to see things and events that are happening far away, and locate objects, places, people, using a sixth sense.
    • Divination – The ability to gain insight into a situation using occult lists.[10][page needed]
    • Dowsing – The ability to locate water, sometimes using a tool called a dowsing rod.[11]
    • Dream telepathy - The ability to telepathically communicate with another person through dreams.
    • Dermo-optical perception - The ability to perceive unusual sensory stimuli through one’s own skin.
    • Psychometry or psychoscopy – The ability to obtain information about a person or an object by touch.[12]
    • Precognition (including psychic premonitions) – The ability to perceive or gain knowledge about future events, without using induction or deduction from known facts.[13]
    • Remote viewing, telesthesia or remote sensing – The ability to see a distant or unseen target using extrasensory perception.[14]
    • Retrocognition or postcognition – The ability to supernaturally perceive past events.[15]
    • Telepathy – The ability to transmit or receive thoughts supernaturally.[16]

12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Seek psychiatric help.

13. Moon Goddess

Who? Me?

14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Are you a psychiatrist?

15. Moon Goddess

I'm an idiot, lol, I just realized what you meant.

tumblr_inline_netxx90AtM1rre457540.gif

16. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

What are the limits of these psychic powers? Is it mind control? Is is mind reading? Is it telekinesis?

Not that it really matters as I would probably use it gamble to make lots of money, then I would use that money to go around helping the people in need.

17. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I knew this would be asked.

18. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

That is the best comment that I have seen for years. :D

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

we all have them. just not reliably enough to be at all useful, or at least not very much. there's also a probability ceiling that imposes further limits on their application.

the main thing about the unknown, as always, owes nothing to what humans tell each other to pretend they know.