What would you ask Amy Coney Barrett?

Discussion in 'Politicians' started by Idlewild, Oct 12, 2020.

1. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

The SCOTUS hearings to confirm Amy Coney Barrett began today. What would you ask her if you could (or what do you wish Senators would ask her)?

ZenKarma likes this.
  2. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I would have two questions for her:
    • What do you think was the original intention of our Founding Fathers when they wrote the 1st Amendment regarding the separation of church and state?
    • What do you think was the original intention of our Founding Fathers when they wrote the 2nd Amendment.

Tullian, Piney and ZenKarma like this.
  3. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

I know little - too little about this person. All I know is I can smell a rat and see a rush job happening. Stacking the court? Isn't that what the Republicans are doing right now??? And they dare ask about the Democrats doing the same... just amazing.

4. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

They want the Court held to 9 Justices only.

5. ~Zen~

~Zen~ California Tripper Administrator

Yes, obviously.

As it would be obvious for the next guy to do their best to counteract the imbalance by adding more justices, and perhaps some more senators as well. Puerto Rico, the District of Washington, Guam, the USVI... all excellent candidates.

6. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I wish Kamala and Joe would make that point when asked. Considering Republicans blocked Obamas appointment to the SCOTUS and are now ramming through Trump's pick, all options should be on the table, including adding another two justices.

ZenKarma likes this.
  7. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

.The Republicans want 9 justices only... Just as long as the majority are Republican.

ZenKarma likes this.
  8. walkoflife

walkoflife Some Assembly Required Super Moderator

What is your honest position on Roe vs Wade?

9. Tullian

Tullian Member

I watched the entire Senate hearing this morning. Amy Coney Barrette's only way of not getting confirmed is if she makes some terrible mistake, which she won't do, or if she's got some deep, dark secret. Clearly she's a religious right-wingnut, but she unfortunately seems to be a decent, likeable person who is also intelligent. She should recuse herself from any future decisions about the election, but she won't, because Donald would explode. There's not much hope to avoid this cluster. The biggest freaking idiot/asshole in the history of the country will be placing his third SC judge.

• What do you think was the original intention of our Founding Fathers when they wrote the 1st Amendment regarding the separation of church and state?
    • What do you think was the original intention of our Founding Fathers when they wrote the 2nd Amendment
    Good questions.