What would Jesus say about your Attitude?

Discussion in 'Philosophy and Religion' started by Dude111, Mar 13, 2019.

1. I tend to think he'd be suffering from amnesia and wouldn't realize who he was. He could be anybody, and he'd be dealing with ordinary every day shit.

2. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

If Jesus came to visit me. Plonk down a bottle of mead. Mate, we don't drink wine round 'ere, and we don't drink out of cups either. Gotta provide him with a mead horn.

3. storch

storch banned

And that plane did crash.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    Orison likes this.
  4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Hmmmmm I didnt realise that either!! (I think thats one of thier BEST songs)

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

nothing. commenting on anyone's "attitude" wasn't his style.

Driftrue likes this.
  6. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

From Wikipedia:

"Jesus Is Just Alright" is a gospel song written by Arthur Reid Reynolds and first recorded by Reynolds' own group, The Art Reynolds Singers, on their 1966 album, Tellin' It Like It Is.

The song's title makes use of the American slang term "all-right", which during the 1960s was used to describe something that was considered 'cool' or very good. The song has been covered by a number of bands and artists over the years, including The Byrds, Underground Sunshine, The Doobie Brothers, Alexis Korner, The Ventures, DC Talk, Stryper, Shelagh McDonald, and Robert Randolph (featuring Eric Clapton).

The first cover version of the song was recorded by the Los Angeles band The Byrds on their 1969 album, Ballad of Easy Rider. The song was later recorded by The Doobie Brothers, who included it on their 1972 album, Toulouse Street

7. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thanx for the interesting tidbit!!

8. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

9. Lady Shadow

Lady Shadow Art is But a Shadow of the Divine Perfection

He would probably say "you'd make a great disciple or fellow prophet if you didn't masturbate so much, "He" really frowns on that."

Guess it sucks to be me. Oh well.

10. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

I'd hope he would say that I understand his message better than the church. That even though I have anger towered the evil things in the world that the emotion alone means I care and want to fix it which is the idea.

If you use anger to fix something it's a good thing that creates change. If you only feel anger and do nothing it is toxic to you.

Lady Shadow likes this.
  11. parua

parua Members

If he'd have existed, he probably wouldn't have like it, but it wouldn't have been his business anyway.

12. The most interesting thing about that to me is that "all right" was hyphenated and slang for cool.

13. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

parua likes this.
  14. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

"Stop stalling and keep moving." :p

Probably what i need to here though.

15. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

Probably something in hebrew, so I'd tell him to just git!

16. Libbygrable87

Libbygrable87 Members

If Jesus, where a Jew what kind of Jew, would he be? Would he be making movies in Hollywood?

17. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

He would probably not even be in the US.

18. If he was born in the US, though, certainly he would be involved in the movies in some fashion or other.

19. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

Is Jesus' return supposed to be metaphorical? Or was he literally expected to fall from the sky or spontaneously reanimate or something? :grinning:

20. It's got me wondering, too, because he was supposed to be back by now. I think I remember something about coming like a thief in the night... So maybe when he comes back nobody's going to know he's back?