What would be your Punishment for Domestic Violence in your Family?

Discussion in 'All in the Family' started by Xboxoneandsports32490, Dec 30, 2021.

1. Xboxoneandsports32490

Xboxoneandsports32490 Members

Just wondering, my Mom told me stories about how my Uncle was a very evil and violent person. Said he would always hit and beat my Aunt and even threatened her while she was carrying his child? He held a knife at her stomach and said he would cut the baby out or something along those lines?? Really strange weird stories!!

If you were “Judging” this story, or judging domestic violence in general? How would you punish a person guilty of mistreating or beating their spouse? Would you like make the person serve jail time? Or make them pay fines to the State? Or would you do something else to punish the guilty person?

2. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Smacking them about the head with a 2X4 for awhile comes to mind...

3. sureño

sureño Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Today, there is a high awareness of domestic violence (exclusively of women as victims of it). But I think that issue is not something new. I remember from my childhood my neighbor next door making big fusses when he arrived drunk and hit everyone even the dog.
    Also the neighbor of the backside proceeding in a similar way. Only at that time we took it as a problem of their own family and nobody interfered. Today, however, most people no longer tolerate it.

4. NookaTheNook

NookaTheNook Members

You can’t call a person like this a man, it’s not a man, it’s a two year old having a tantrum in a grown man’s body. A little child doesn’t know how to control their emotions and these cowards need to grow up.i would say to any woman experiencing this right now, take your children and go. Break the cycle, children learn from us how a relationship should be, if you don’t break the cycle your children will except this as normal, your daughters will get beaten and your sons will do the beating, save them now.
    As for punishment, they should have a program where they are locked away and taught what a real husband and father is, what it means to be a man. If you can’t handle the responsibility of that, then don’t get married

Vladimir Illich likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Wrap his testicles in razor wire and suspend him by the wire !!!

6. OldAsDirt

OldAsDirt Members

See them locked up and ensure someone throws away the key.

7. John1971

John1971 Senior Member

Add a rusty nail or two, and that sounds good to me!

8. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Realistically, her family should take her in and call the cops. Divorce the fucked up asshole. Have her family tell him if he ever goes near her again they'll shoot him.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2022
  9. One big problem is that when and if these cases come to court the punishment very rarely fits the crime. Many are just given their country's version of a restraining order which serves no purpose whatsoever!!!!!

10. Captain Scarlet

Captain Scarlet Lifetime Supporter

Another problem with this sort of incident is that its difficult to prove in many cases . As there are rarely witnesses ,its then down to a case of his word against her word . I have to say at this point its not always the guy who is perpetrator either. However a good lawyer will often suffice to get the offender cleared of any charges due to lack of evidence .

etherea likes this.
  11. Spousal abuse is abuse whoever is responsible, man, woman, same sex partner, but it is predominantly a male against female crime unfortunately.

Captain Scarlet likes this.