What will you NOT miss in the Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by skip, Jul 12, 2018.

1. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Well in the past prior to sex change operations they were more similar.

Like without the abilty to remove a penis medically drag is as far as one can go is drag. That's just logical.

You are right they are not the same thing now but your anger is blinding you to a simple thought process.

As far as the kids you are wrong again. No child is influenced by a drag queen to live a life they don't like anyway. You are suggesting sexual roles can be imprinted. SO MUCH science shows this is wrong. It's why for example gay conversion therapy does not work.

2. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Removing and reshaping genitals is transgender, not drag. Drag is a cross-dressing man in a burlesque stage performance, and/or a sexual fetish.

Is that how it works? You can just make up the most bullshit story about drag queen and transgender children having always been around, and people will believe you when you say "so much science"?

It wasn't until recently that we saw the media publishing articles and videos of trans and drag queen kids.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  3. unfocusedanakin

Uh....because they have. I'm not sure what you mean. Like I said there is historical evidence of transgender people in Greece. They lived in every way as a women/man. It was not just dress, there friends knew they were the other gender in their mind.

Drag is not so much a sexual fetish as a hobby as far as I know. It's not really my world maybe I am wrong and you are making my point too. In Greece it's likely that many people who you call drag would have taken the extra steps to remove organs to go trans.

Drag and tans are not necessarily the same but at one time in history medically they had to be. Neither one is the issue to society you make it. It's your own personal fears. Often people with these fears struggle with their own esteem and gender roles. From your other posts you seem deeply concerned about "men being men" so to speak and I can only assume you feel this way in your personal life too. You worry so much if YOU are man enough. So much so what other men do affects you. You should get past that.

Feel free to link any sort of study showing the damage of a child knowing an adult who changed gender. When I say damage I mean like evidence of PTSD or self harm, something of that nature. Since you can't it will show it's a personal opinion of social roles not an actual issue. Please make sure to peer review too. Which I think can eliminate most right wing sources that are also opinion.

An opinion is fine I will just scrutinize it. Children look to adults for rules and social norms. They only think drag is wrong if you tell them. Unlike stealing or murder which we also tell kids are wrong drag/trans harms no one. I hope one day you just live your own life and give that right to others.

4. 6-eyed shaman

6-eyed shaman Sock-eye salmon

Dude, there's a huge difference between transgender adults and transgender children. Transgender children are a recent trend brought on by new-age parents and the media. I'm not arguing that transgender adults didn't exist in history, it's children. The fact that you continue to defend the media's sexualization of children makes me VERY glad you've sterilized yourself and aren't having any. You'd likely go Epstein on their asses. Literally.

My oldest sister is a family psychiatrist. After the hype of Kaitlin Jenner, she saw a large influx of kids and teenagers who came to her believing they might be born in the wrong body. One such patient was a 16 year old boy who was convinced he was born the wrong gender because he was gay, ashamed, and envied his sister who was treated better by their parents than he was. After spending lots of time with him, he was able to snap out of this transgender idea he was fixated on, and turned out to be one of her success stories. Had she approved hormone blockers and transgender treatment, he might've become another transgender suicide statistic.

I know tattoo artists; they won't tattoo anybody under 18. They will however tattoo 16 year olds with parental consent. This is because tattoos are forever, and kids often make decisions they regret later. Changing a child's gender through hormone therapy and surgery is MUCH more significant than getting a tattoo.

Last time I provided scientific sources, you wouldn't even take 1 second to glimpse at them. So why would I waste my time trying to convince a close minded leftist like you anyway. You're stuck in your point of view, and you see everyone to the right of Bernie Sanders as a white nationalist anyway.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2019
  5. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I saw a transwoman at guitar center the other day - boobs, possibly a vagina and everything, but obviously mtf trans. Man she could jam! I played with her (assuming her preferred pronoun) for a few minutes. After the fact I found my mind in a state of questioning though. I'm very sure of my sexuality, but I'm not totally comfortable with other people's because of the possibility they might find me attractive. I was older than her, but still weird. But I'm open to trans and lgbtq. It just hasn't felt that way for me in a long time.

I can remember when someone came out to me at a party a million years ago and how it totally made me think.

6. unfocusedanakin

Because you did not give me any sources. The science is clear in the other way. You are the incorrect one.

I don't see sex in children being who they are. It's odd you do. I literally see nothing sexual if a boy says he wants to wear a dress.

What is sexual here and how it is more sexual than pants for the boy?

7. Amethyst87F

Amethyst87F JesF35

Loud Cars

themnax and parua like this.
  8. themnax

themnax Senior Member

subsidized fossil fuel. the very least we can do at this point is to cold turkey fossil fuel subsidies.
    it may come as a shocking shame to many people that we have yet to do so.
    it is insane that we have yet to do so.
    well i believe the future will bring a lot of regret that the u.s. has yet to do this.
    i don't know enough about other countries whether they have done this yet or not.

but if you go far enough into the future, almost certainly well beyond my own lifetime,
    gas stations and gun shops will both be things of the past and neither of them missed.

cities and the private passenger automobile, and of course especially the combination of the two,
    will be little more then historical curiosities after the ecopocalypse,
    so much so that most people will believe them to have been improbably dark fantasies.

the mass production of standardized fire arms and their ammo will also have become a thing of the past,
    when remaining populations are much too small to maintain most of the infrastructure we today take for granted.

national and international electric power grids will be long failed from the impossibility of maintaining them with such a reduced population.

population will continue to increase of course, until nature's self defense reflex really and deeply kicks in,
    but when it does, the human species might even become extinct entirely.

unless we do enough of the right thing now. if the human birthrate has declined from being expotential to being merely linear, that's a postive step,
    but not nearly good enough to prevent disaster.

well i'm talking about that green morning after, when the human descendents who successfully lived more then six months,
    thanks to their immunities to their parent's illnessess, who's mutations that provided those immunities,
    also brought with them, pointy ears and fluffy tails.

for the nearer future life goes on, and almost nothing i wouldn't miss, can be predictably counted on to be gone.
    but i do think a lot of things taken for granted have reached corners they've predictably painted themselves into.
    what will immediatly become as a result, remains wildly uncertain.

u.s. coinage in denominations of less then one dollar, will simply cost more to produce, even their metal content alone,
    then their face value. this is already the case for the penny. predictably it soon will be for the nickle.
    and ultimately even for the quarter and fifty cent.

9. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Vanderwestheusen

10. themnax

themnax Senior Member

i think i probably don't miss that now, having not the slightest idea what that is.
    is that maybe a common term somewhere in europe, for something that i do know, but have simply never heard the term?

11. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

It's a guys name from an old football game and he used to be annoying because he was good.

12. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the lie that freedom comes from aggressiveness is something i won't miss, if and when humans ever permanently grow out of it.
    (and there have been cultures which have, however ardently our currently deficiencies deny and wish to keep burred their memory)
    or that the universe was created for the exclusive comfort and amusement of the human species.
    i won't miss endless pavement and rectangular structures of cities as we know them today.
    which stopped serving any useful purpose with the invention of the telephone and the airplane.
    we still need internet access totally independent of location, bounced off of satellites in and out of the absolute most remote and isolated of locations.
    i won't mess densely populated areas prioritizing accessibility by personal motor vehicle. at least not cars as we know them.
    i won't miss the propulsion of transportation by the burning of fossil fuels at all.
    and i won't miss mass media telling everyone to think, imagine and pretend the same things as each other, nor as most profits economic interests.
    i won't miss gratuitous hierarchies when people become considerate enough to no longer need them.
    there will of course still be social organization within limited specific contexts to create and maintain infrastructure, but they won't be narrowly tied to concepts of hierarchy.
    i won't miss the desecration of natural environments for short sighted economic expedients.

i won't miss this idea that ideologies can only exist in forms we are familiar with, nor that any of these are a default condition of anything.
    that we can't come up with better just as well as we can come up with worse.

Driftrue likes this.
  13. themnax

themnax Senior Member

the automobile and the rectangle.

14. themnax

themnax Senior Member

if there is ever a future without them, i will also not miss fanatics telling each other what to pretend.