What will you miss in the Future?

Discussion in 'The Future' started by skip, Jul 9, 2018.

1. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I have a flip phone.

McFuddy, BeatinFeet69 and Eric! like this.
  2. Eric!

Eric! Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Ahhhh!! ((Hugs))

McFuddy and Aerianne like this.
  3. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

If I thought I could still reliably use the internet on a flip phone that's all I'd have. Never wanted a smartphone, this one was at my ex's insistence

4. Aerianne

I have a flip phone and a Fire tablet. I'm still running Windows XP at home on a desktop.

BeatinFeet69 and Eric! like this.
  5. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

My phone has wires...

6. Running Horse

Running Horse A Buddha in hiding from himself

Now that's a phone. If you can't reach me it's cause I either ain't around or I don't want to talk. Fuck off
    No idea what a fire tablet is

7. Eric!

Up until February of this year, I had Windows XP on a Dell desktop. Hey, it still worked, I didn't give a shit. My wife ended up buying me and Apple desktop for my birthday.

8. Aerianne

It's Amazon's product.

BeatinFeet69 likes this.
  9. SpacemanSpiff

SpacemanSpiff Visitor

10. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

seriously... I notice so much of mine ends up on or in the sink.

11. Eric!

My good health. I'm not as strong or as fast as I used to be, and not as flexible either. Still have my mental faculties for the most part, but I fear of any further decline as I get older. Celebrating my 50th birthday only made me realize,statistically, I'm closer to the end.

12. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i look forward to watching football when the players are all wearing iron man style machines.

13. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Makes me think of this:

14. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

A Flip Phone Here......Desktop Windows XP With Google Chrome......Both Work Well And What's

Importantly Are Reliable......Puuuter Is 12 Years Old And Only Been In The Shop Twice......

Once To Remove A Trojan And The Second Time To Fit GC.......Will Be Going In Again Soon

As Occasionally The Bearings In The Fan "Howl"......:D

Cheers Glen.

Eric! likes this.
  15. YouFreeMe

YouFreeMe Visitor

Paper books. Living without relative paranoia that everything will give me cancer.

Eric! likes this.
  16. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Hahaha...that's my exact phone dude! $19.99 at Dollar General, then $30 a month for service. Yeah, if they go away I just won't have a phone. Or maybe I'll go back to land line.

Eric! likes this.
  17. skip

skip Founder Administrator

You should get a new power supply. Once your fan goes, your system will overheat and all will be lost... You can install a new ps yourself, easy peasy, so long as you know how to get into your case.

Usually it's 4 screws to remove the power supply and two cables that you just hookup where the old ones were.

18. My mom 'cause I'll live forever and never get to see her again when I die. At least not for a couple thousand years or ten when I eventually choose to leave this mortal coil.

19. skip

Let's see, I already miss swimming at beaches and pools (if you think either are clean, then think again!)

I'm going to miss clean air and water since our leaders feel we don't need that anymore and it costs biz too much, plus fossil fuels are soooooo important to Nat'l security.

I'm going to miss a LOT of the freedoms we have now, which will likely be gone in the future.
    Like being able to protest or speak out against the government and leaders.

As our gov't locks up our borders even tighter, other countries will do the same to us, and a US passport might not be so welcome as in the past.

I'm going to miss doctors, hospitals and (especially) Big Pharma and insurance companies that put patients lives over the price to keep them alive.
    The insurance companies and Big Pharma are the death panels these days. They decide what lifesaving procedures and medicines you will receive or NOT!
    If you can't afford it, too bad, die!

I'm going to miss clean streets esp. once cities go bankrupt, or not! Look at SF! One of the richest cities on the planet, and the streets of SF are now so filthy from people living on them, nobody wants to walk around the city anymore, and tourists are now being warned about that and crime on the streets (mostly theft). Other cities can expect the same as they price ppl out of a place to live.

I'm going to miss fish and all seafood. Hope you like jellyfish!

I'm going to miss the California redwoods and all the trees...watch 'em burn!

I already miss non-violent films that aren't women's movies...(were there ever any that weren't foreign?)

Oh I could go on...but don't want to depress you folks further. Hope I'm wrong about a lot of this...

GuerrillaLorax and MeAgain like this.
  20. skip

Gee you're a lot more optimistic than me.