What will you do IF Trump wins again?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by wrat1, Oct 1, 2020.

1. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Whether Biden or Trump is president, I will do the same.

2. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Well Trump has been in the NY tabloids since, well, the 80's. been on talk radio, Don Imus, Howard Stern. He is no mystery to a New Yorker.
    I think those who build him up to be a bad monster to be foolish.

3. Piney

Should Trump Win?

I will rejoice that we have a media and news that will do its job and report on the doings in Washington. We do not need a news industry that treats a mere politician as a sort of idol. That will be the circumstance of a Biden win. Rolling Stone Journalism; when media acts as a press agent for a politician.

4. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

I remember polls showing Hillary with a 1% lead over Trump, which was accurate.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I think that the moment he made it clear that sending all the $US along a one way street to China, while cities like Detroit crumbled into the ashes, the parasites who make billions from importing all this rubbish at the expense of the US economy panicked and decided that he had to be derailed. Some of their methods were despicable.

Sometimes people in countries such as us in the UK, can see a clearer picture than those who are allowing it to happen in their own back yards.

Piney likes this.
  6. Idlewild

Idlewild Members

If Trump wins, I'll stop following the news. It's not worth the aggravation. Why should I care when over 40% of the population wants to destroy everything this country stands for?

But he's not going to win unless he cheats.

Tishomingo likes this.
  7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

I will lol at Internet comments.

wrat1 likes this.
  8. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Unbelievable! A disciple of the person who is hailed by his cult followers as our savior thinks there's danger that Biden--Biden!/-- will be treated as an idol. Do you actually believe his or are your just joshin' us.
    The sanctification of Donald Trump
    At RNC, Trump Portrayed as Savior of ‘Western Civilization’ | Right Wing Watch
    The Cult of Trump
    Drank the Kool Aid, eh?

Piney likes this.
  9. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

If the current poll numbers are to be believed Biden should destroy Trump, so If Trump should somehow pull off a victory I'll give credit where credit is due and move on.

But I don't believe that's going to happen if you look at the metrics.

In 2016 Hillary Clinton's average daily polling numbers with 3 weeks to go she was up by 6 points, Biden's average lead is 10 points.
    Hillary Clinton's likeability never exceeded 45% whereas Biden's has been hovering around 50%

The week in polls: Biden hits double-digit lead in national average, surges in Florida, Michigan
    William Cummings, USA TODAY 1 hr ago
    10/12/20

Biden continued to lead Trump in 10 of 11 swing states (though Georgia is a virtual tie) – and he expanded his lead in seven of those states, including big gains in Florida, Michigan, North Carolina and Pennsylvania.

Nationally, Biden surged 2 percentage points to a more than 10-point lead, according to the USA TODAY average of averages,

10. Piney

Mr. Trump is not treated as an idol in places that count.

Major media outlets, The Education Universe from top to bottom. Creative center cities, centers of innovation/ creativity.
    Hollywood.
    State & Federal Governments.
    Prosecutors,
    The US House of Representatives
    The FBI, .........

Hopefully not too much Kool Aid. but major media will be kinder to Mr. Biden & VP. Harris.

11. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Whatever people may say about Biden, I doubt he's in much danger of becoming an "idol". Charismatic he is not. He's a presidential candidate because he isn't Bernie, Elizabeth, or the Donald!

12. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Yeah... Trump shouldn't be treated as an idol anyways. Unless you idolize crooks and con men.

Hip Pickle Rick likes this.
  13. Hip Pickle Rick

Hip Pickle Rick Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Correction - narcissistic sociopathic crooks and con men.

14. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

I thought that was a given...

ZenKarma likes this.
  15. Hip Pickle Rick

I hope it is a given...and I hope many more people will agree with us.

ZenKarma likes this.
  16. endlessdistanthills

endlessdistanthills Members

"What will you do IF Trump wins again?"

I probably wouldn't do anything in response. Pinching myself over and over, in an attempt to wake myself from the nightmare of the first election did no good; I'm afraid I'd just have to ride it out again.

ZenKarma likes this.
  17. Vanilla Gorilla

Vanilla Gorilla Go Ape

Sounds like if The Donald does lose you are going to have to pay someone to get kids to run on your lawn so you have someone to yell at

wrat1, ZenKarma and Hip Pickle Rick like this.
  18. Hip Pickle Rick

God I hope your not right, but that is a funny post.

ZenKarma likes this.
  19. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

[​IMG]

20. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

Hope that he doesn't start WWIII. If I get a sense that the Handmaids Tale is about to become reality, I'm booking it to another country. Democracy is dying in the US and I don't see it ending well whether Trump wins or not. Even if he loses, there are a lot of people drinking his kool aid.

I had to lie to my in laws that my partner and I didn't vote because we didn't want to get blamed for Trump losing. Literally we've had arguments about politics before where she threatened to disown her own daughter. We don't talk about politics anymore.

scratcho and Tishomingo like this.