What Will Result From the January 6th Committee hearings?

Discussion in 'Question of the Week!' started by skip, Jun 6, 2022.

?

What Will Result From the January 6th Committee hearings?

1. Trump will be indicted by Department of Justice

7 vote(s)
    30.4%
  2. Nothing will happen to Trump

9 vote(s)
    39.1%
  3. One or more of Trump's Children will be indicted

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  4. Other members of Trump's White House will be indicted

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
  5. All coup plotters will be indicted unless they cooperate

3 vote(s)
    13.0%
  6. There will be violence if Trump is indicted

6 vote(s)
    26.1%
  7. Republicans will abandon Trump

2 vote(s)
    8.7%
  8. None of the above (tell us what will happen...)

5 vote(s)
    21.7%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Sad. You're a textbook case of projection--a head so stuffed full of the right wing propaganda from those conspiracy sites you're always drawing on that you're essentially living in a fantasy land. And you accuse others of doing that and think you don't. I don't know whether you watch the hearings or not (they might confuse you by the facts). If you do, you might have noticed that most of the witnesses so far have been REPUBLICANS closely associated with Trump or members of his inner circle, including his daughter (I doubt she's Antifa or a closet Democrat), former Attorney General Bill Barr, and some conservative Republican state officials associated with maintaining election integrity. These are real patriots and people of integrity-- unlike the spineless, corrupt crooks, kooks, and toadies, who serve the crime boss at Mar-a-Lago.

Cassidy Hutchinson, registered Republican, showed great courage to testify publicly, given the record of death threats and intimidation that follows anyone who crosses Don Trump. While in college, she interned for House Republican Whip Rep. Steve Scalise and Sen. Ted Cruz, and after that .She joined the White House shortly after graduation, becoming a staff assistant for the White House's legislative affairs office . She later was promoted to become Meadows' aide. She served as the Special Assistant to the President for Legislative Affairs and Office of the Chief of Staff in the Trump White House.What makes you think she's a leftist?

Last edited: Jun 29, 2022
    scratcho and Tyrsonswood like this.
  2. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

People - who is this right-wing red necked peckerwood ???

scratcho likes this.
  3. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

I don't know. I think he comes from Long Island. Maybe one of these?
    https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-caravan-rally-long
    UPDATE: Facebook Removes Long Island MAGA Group Following Capitol Riots
    What's All the Noise From Long Island? It's the Pro-Trump Long Island Loud Majority
    Long Island Hate Groups: Map Shows Active Racist Organizations
    Long Island has an active Oath Keepers chapter, the Proud Boys have marched thru Long Island Streets, and the Three Percenters have also been active in the area.

"Redneck" might not be the best descriptor here, since that usually refers to poor illitreate white dirt farmers. Long Island, especially Suffolk County, is more upscale than that, with the Hamptons, the Gold Coast et al. Forbes magazine ranks Nassau and Suffolk Counties among the twelve richest in the U.S. Once Republican bastions, these counties have recently become battlegrounds between the two parties, so Retrumplican sentiments in the area are likely to be intense. Rep. Lee Zeldin, Republican and a ardent Trump supporter, built a Republican stronghold in otherwise Blue New York State. The Mercers, the gazillionaire family that owns Breitbart https://www.mediamatters.org/breitb...dent-its-communications-arm-mercers-empireand bankrolls the AltRight/AltLite , as well as Trump, live there and have taken a keen interest in state and local politics. https://www.newsday.com/long-island/politics/li-s-mercer-family-spent-nearly-4m-on-state-local-elections-x24194 Law and order issues have recently dominated politics in the area and fueled GOP victories. . Law-and-Order Concerns Propel GOP to Victories on Long Island | National Review

4. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Humble old man, my ass. You still seem to be at it.Time will tell whether Hutchinson's testimony holds up or people give a shit about a Trump-led conspiracy against our democracy. National Review, the Washington Examiner and the Wall Street Journal--not known for their liberal proclivities-- seem to have second thoughts about Trump as a result.
    Cassidy Hutchinson’s Testimony against Trump Is Devastating | National Review
    Washington Examiner: Hutchinson testimony shows Trump should not hold office ‘ever again’
    Opinion | More Testimony on Trump’s Jan. 6 Tirade
    But you have thoroughly discredited yourself, and anybody who takes you seriously is fair game for Peddlers of swamp real estate.

scratcho likes this.
  5. Vladimir Illich

Is that where they tried to carve Trump's face on Mt Rushmore but someone got there with some cemtex and destroyed it ???

Tishomingo likes this.
  6. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

7. Tyrsonswood

:rolleyes:

because these bug you so much...

8. mcme

mcme lurker

My daughter, girlfriend, sisters and mom use them all the time. I'm just amused when a man does. Keep juggling, clown.

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

She of course is only one of the witnesses who testified before the committee--all good Republicans. The way hearings and trials work is that these witnesses testify under oath and the triers of fact make up their minds whether or not the witness is credible. Practically all of her testimony has gone unchallenged, and all of it was given under oath. If any other witness wants to challenge any part of it, they can do so--under oath. So far, the details being challenged are immaterial, and the challengers haven't appeared under oath. Unlike courtroom trials, where the rules of evidence are designed to protect the delicate ears of lay jurors from hearsay evidence, on the assumption they likely to be too dumb or inexperienced to handle it, at legislative and administrative hearings it's allowed ,and the finders of fact are trusted to weigh its probative value.
    Admissibility of Hearsay – Administrative Laws
    https://repository.uchastings.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?article=1788&context=hastings_law_journal
    Apparently, three conservative sources mentioned in Post # 102 took her seriously enough. You Retrumplicans are obviously running scared and desperately using every ploy in your bag of tricks to gaslight us and discredit her.

BTW, there is evidence of Trump's collusion with Russia,
    but Retrumplcans in Congress and the Trump Justice Department managed to suppress it or explain it away.
    There’s actually lots of evidence of Trump-Russia collusion
    There was Trump-Russia collusion — and Trump pardoned the colluder | The Hill
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/2020/08/19/yes-there-was-collusion/
    Bipartisan Senate Report Shows How Trump Colluded With Russia in 2016
    Trump Says There’s No Evidence of Collusion. There Is So Much Evidence Already.
    These forums work kinda like hearings, but without the oaths. We each present our testimony and the readers decide use their judgment to tell how credible they are. I'm confident that our audience on HF is mart enough to see through your smoke screen of deception and double talk.

Last edited: Jun 30, 2022
    scratcho likes this.
  10. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Conservative opinions are always welcome. Right wing propaganda like yours deserves derision. You Retrumplicans had your chance to get some conservative Republicans onto the committee. But No, you decided to boycott it and bitch about it. I think you blew it, but we'll see.

scratcho and skip like this.
  11. Vladimir Illich

I've already told you once, I don't live in the US, have never been there as a tourist and have no plans to visit it, so how the hell would I know one chunk of rock from a right-wing red neck peckerwood ???

~Zen~, scratcho and Tishomingo like this.
  12. Tyrsonswood

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

While I agree with some of the things the dude is saying, I have the feeling that I haven't changed that much in my moderately progressive beliefs, but Retrumplicans have gone off the charts! When I was growing up, conservative Republicans were folks like the Bushes, John McCain, Bob Dole, and Mitt Romney--people I strongly disagreed with but respected as having a core of basic patriotism and human decency and who were willing to make compromises for the good of the country. Unfortunately, these kinds of Republicans have gone out of style, and have been largely replaced by Retrumplican slimeballs like Matt Gates, Jim Jordan, Ron Johnson; spineless toadies like Kevin MCCarthey; Lindsay Graham, and Ted Cruz; unprincipled manipulators like Mitch McConnell and the three recent Trump appointees to the SCOTUS who perjured themselves onto the Court in pursuit of a partisan agenda; QAnon nutjobs; borderline neoNazis like the Oath Keepers, Proud Boys, Boogaloo Boyz and Three Percenters, driven by racist fears of the Great Replacement; and the authoritarian PAC Zealots who find Hungary under dictator Viktor Orban a more congenial site for their annual conference than the good ol" USA. It's become an evil cult of personality behind a morally degenerate, unprincipled sociopathic crime boss who still thinks he won the last presidential election, or says he does. Who says Republicans haven't changed?

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    scratcho likes this.
  14. Tyrsonswood

But, are your ideas progressive? If so that means you are open to change... That is this guy's point.

By the way, Beau is a progressive, possibly more than you are... Don't let the "southern drawl" fool you, the guy just happens to be from the deep south.

15. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yes, I guess people would call my ideas basically "progressive" in most areas, if that means accepting Roe v. Wade, gay marriage, tolerance for LGBTQs; contraception, environmental protection, diversity, freedom of expression, racial equality, and social justice. But I also place a paramount value on political stability, preserving and strengthening democratic institutions, and responsible fiscal and monetary policies. I cringe when people call the right wing followers of Trump "conservative", since they're radical reactionaries. I find it mindboggling that a majority of justices on the Supreme Court have embraced "originalism' and are appealing to the standards of the eighteenth (and in the case of abortion, even the seventeenth) century to settle issues of reproductive rights and firearms. I try to remain open-minded and to change if new evidence and arguments warrant it. But I bridle at fake news, and efforts to substitute slogans and memes for rational thought.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2022
    ~Zen~ and scratcho like this.
  16. Tyrsonswood

This is what happens when the Federalist Society chooses your Justices.

~Zen~, Tishomingo and scratcho like this.
  17. Tyrsonswood

18. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Good. lucid analysis exposing the hollowness of Retrumplican ,messaging. Do you think our resident Retrumplican memer from Long Island will even watch it?

scratcho likes this.
  19. wrat1

wrat1 Members

as to the question NOTHING will happen

20. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Things HAVE happened and are going to keep happening. Some have gone to jail, they are still collecting information, more people to testify,etc. There was a major attempt to overthrow a duly elected , democratic republic by a sitting president, who aided and abetted many misguided people into trashing the capital, hunting down members of congress to do them harm,etc. The committee has been working from the bottom up and hopefully trump and others close to him will pay a rightful price: IE: prison. The republican party is now going full on fascist right in front of the world. They are going to cheat on the next elections, they are going to lie as usual about almost everything they talk about. They are hungry for authoritarian power and if there is not a strong enough push back by those of us that revere actual freedom and truthfulness---this country will soon be as bad as other fascistic governments such as Orbans Hungary, which of course repubs love.

If this whole sorry god damn episode of trump and his suck-ass lovers poisoning everything he touches doesn't end up with true corrective action---January 6th will have just become a rehearsal for a REALLY serious insurrection.:mad:

Tyrsonswood likes this.