What were your high school years like?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by GregTheMagician, Mar 15, 2008.

1. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

tell us, we're listening

2. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

Horrible. Lots of masturbation. Lots of cutting class.

3. Deus Ex Cirrhosis

Deus Ex Cirrhosis Deadbeat

Absolutely, without a doubt, the worst time of my life.

4. lakeoffire

lakeoffire Live.Laugh.Fuck.

my high school years wernt the best. I went to three differnet high schools. One was a private school that i couldnt stand because of everyones attitude. the other was a regional high school. then our town split from the regional and became its own. i was always that fat depressed kid. haha. senior year was okay though because i stopped caring what people thought and skipped school alot. its cool though i have good memories and some not so good. i've lost 60lbs and dont feel so depressed anymore.

5. YankNBurn

YankNBurn Owner

I was younger, stronger, more in shape, my hair was far more blonde than now, I was sorta cute as I have been told... (hangs head down) what the fuck ever happend?

6. Pressed_Rat

Pressed_Rat Do you even lift, bruh?

I was pretty much a loner for most of high school. I didn't care about fitting in, and I wasn't one of those people who tried to fit in by trying not to fit in, either. I am who I am. I was never part of any cliques. I hate cliques, but I pretty much got along well with everyone. I had many acquaintances, but never many friends. I preferred staying home and reading, listening to music, versus "hanging out." I have always pretty much been in my own little world.

It reminds me of that scene from the 1987 movie Barfly, starring Mickey Rourke and Faye Dunaway.

Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them.
    Henry: Oh yeah?
    Wanda: Do you hate them?
    Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

7. praxiskepsis

praxiskepsis ha!

I was kinda like that. But eventually I had little platonic girlfriend and a group of maladjusted friends.

8. Aristartle

Aristartle Snow Falling on Cedars Lifetime Supporter

I don't think I've really changed having gone through high school. I've matured, but I haven't really changed. I did a ton of drinking and partying, working hard at certain points and I had a lot of fun as a teenager.

I think I did more partying than the popular people ever took me for. Hard to say, it was so long ago.

9. fitzy21

fitzy21 Worst RT Mod EVAH!!!!

high school was fun. freshman year was a bit hard, i really didn't fit in, because i didnt' really know anyone. most of the students had gone to school with each other already. over time though, my class (graduated like 74 people). and we had a bunch of trouble with the admin for kicking classmates out for no god damn reason. even teachers were mad about it. but i played soccer all 4 years...also was on the chess team for 4 years. and i fit in with pretty much everyone...except for some girls who said i was cute with great eyes, but very weird. i didn't mind haha. but yea, it was good times.

10. DancerAnnie

DancerAnnie Resident Beach Bum

Ugh, I hated high school. I was involved in a lot of stuff, figuring I would meet more people with the same interests as me...it never worked. I got kicked out of class a lot...not because I did anything wrong necessarily, just because I asked a lot of questions and challenged everything my teachers said...most of them hated that.

My best friend in high school was a guy I would later fall in love with. Crazy.

I was also really smart, but no one knew it...when we graduated, I was in the top five...no one could believe it. I never tried very hard or studied...no one could really figure me out I guess.

11. GregTheMagician

GregTheMagician Senior Member

i went to an all guy school. so i barely talked to a girl until about halfway through my sophmore year, i was pretty socially awquard.

but somehow i became alot more social my junior year, i just started talkin to people. but i still didnt seriously "date" anyone for the rest of that year. too much work.......

12. secret_agent_amanda

secret_agent_amanda Member

Awful. It was just Awful.

13. Friends

Friends Member

high school sucked. i didnt really get along with any of the people in my grade. my cousions who were 3 years ahead. i got along with there friends more. ^^ this helped because i always had backup if someone was giving me shit. still though my 4 years of high school was just waiting to leave. never really fit in. im always have done my own thing.

14. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

it was basically like college, except there was more hay and there were fewer people to pretend to like me...

15. bat for lashes

bat for lashes Member

very shitty.

16. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

Awww...all you guys hated it. High school is one of my favorite memories, collectively. I was a drama geek and I had sooooo many friends. I was much more popular than the popular kids because there were fewer preppy people and jocks than there were "nerds, dorks, losers, and theatre freaks and I had an amazing following. Aaaaahhhh, it was great, I had like 57 minions at one time. Haha.

I was also a self-deemed band dancer. Me and a bunch of friends just started coming to football games in 9th grade just to dance next to the band and cause a big distraction. People HATED that, haha. They yelled at us for distracting them from the game. So the loudmouth biggest drama queen EVER would bawl them out everytime they'd yell at us in this really harpy voice she'd develop when pissed off. Ahahaha. The band dancers carried on until the year after I graduated. We were the only ones the band director would allow anywhere near the band and he loved us. Our motto: "Cuz we weren't cool enough to be in the band." We made t-shirts and everything.

[​IMG]

17. myself

myself just me

Well, I think I'm leading a much better and more interesting life right now than during my highschool years. I am happier and I feel so young, much younger than I did back then if that makes any sense.

18. Face Eater

Face Eater Banned

I always liked high school. I was never cool, but I wasn't considered a geek. I was fairly popular, always had good friends, made people laugh. People made me laugh. Life was simple then, I just cared about having fun. I am completely different now, darker and a bit of a loner, not as happy, but then not a stupid immature asshole either.

19. themnax

themnax Senior Member

let me put it this way: i flunked p.e. all four years, never got layed, my average grade was somewhere between a d+ and a c-, and the only class i did decent in was band where i consistently got b+'s. oddly enough my second best classes were math, social studies and woodshop, where i occasionally got c+'s. we didn't have computers or even electronics in my little highschool with a graduating class of 80 students in 1966, and while most students didn't have their own cars, i was almost the only one who'se parents didn't have one either.

on the other had, i did live in/near a town of no more then 1025 people and went for long walks by myself out in the woods where i would often go to sit and meditate, sometimes even do my homework out there.

my dad worked for the railroad and in those days the railroads ran their own passinger trains, this was before amtrak. they did want to get rid of them and were doing everything they could get away with to discourge passingers so they could show a loss and petition the icc to get rid of them. every employee was given a pass though, to ride free other then seat reservation charges, and not all trains required them. so whenever we went down to one of the nearest cities, we'd ride the train on dad's pass.

the last six moths before i graduated we sold the place in colfax and moved down to auburn, where he bought his first vehicule, a little red 1963 datsun pickup, the kind that looked kind of almost like an austin converted to a pickup.

then we were always on the road, him and i, whenever we both had a day off, him from work and me from school. and then once i'd graduated. his days off were usually like tuesday and wednesday, or thursday and friday. i wish i could get days off like that. during the week.

but then the damd draft was going on. so i ended up joining the air force to get out of being drafted into the army. it worked. when i got out in 71 i matriculated to unr and finally got layed for the first time. by then i was in my early 20s.

but 66 was the year i graduated highschool. i dreamed of the day we would have computers like this and the internet. but if you'd a told anybody that then they'd a looked at you wiered and wondered why. most people thought they were just some kind of big adding machine. even engineers and designers still used slide rules.

=^^=
    .../\...

20. Therese Aline

Therese Aline Slave to the man

Haha. Nice to know I'm not the only one whose high school experience sucked. I was home-schooled, as I'm sure alot of people know by now. That sucked ass. When I was real young we were part of a home school group, but that didn't work out for some reason so I had almost no social outlet besides church, and that wasn't really adequate. We moved to Florida when I was 13 and got out of the "bubble" I was raised in, and that opened my eyes to what life was supposed to be like. I begged my parents to let me go to public school, even if if was just for senior year, but they said no. I wish they had said yes, because even though I know public school can be difficult, the hardships are lessons, and it's a small price to pay for an opportunity to develop proper social skills and relationships, imo. I did learn from my own hardships though, but I'd like to think life would've been different, maybe even better, if I hadn't been raised the way I was. Also, I don't think I learned much academically, besides language skills. Math and history and stuff I'm pretty much illiterate in. -_-
    Ugh. Hated high school.