What was your last dream?

Discussion in 'Dreams' started by Dude111, Apr 12, 2022.

1. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I was outside my house and these mean neighbours were leaving,I think they were moving....

They did move last year.... They were quite mean to me... Not at first they werent :(

What was your last dream?

2. themnax

themnax Senior Member

magnison's live glass in mittlemarche, is nestled in the surial nervana mountains, on the nervana county narrow gauge railway, between wakadok and graniteville.
    random things have been dissapearing from there for years, and even more random things appearing in their place.
    its an open secret among the locals, that ever since the former dance hall over the store, was converted into transient housing, the village had become a favorite stopover for a band of dimension hopping gypsies, know as thingummies.
    with them has come an odd menagerie of otherworldly pets, a few of whom get loose at times, causing all manor of mostly harmless chaos.
    once a year. mittlemarche plays host to the canned corn film festival, accompanied by free public performances of ancient music, played on authentic replicas of ancient musical instruments.

3. themnax

themnax Senior Member

had the first, what i would maybe call a nightmare, in more then fifty years.
    i think i'll write it out and everything before i post it.
    started out, i woke up in this one, somehow i'd been cast inside a upright concrete collum, that was very slowly spalling away, and in a few more decades i'd be able to step down out of it.
    well that's just how it started out. very NOT the dream universe i usually wake up in where my dreams usually take place in.

4. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

My last one was me and a friend going on a long trip and in the trip he came to pick me up and someone got in his car and basically killed him.. They took like sandpaper or something like a saw blades and was rubbing it back and fourth over his forehead.... He was screaming and trying to get out....It was aweful!

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

well i've been really hesitant to post about this one, and you'll soon see why.
    i came awake encased in a concrete collumn that supported the corner of a building.
    as time progressed, as slowly as ever in waking life or so it seems, the concrete in front of my face and hands slowly began to pall away.
    eventually enough had done so that i was able to step out and on to the ground, and found my surroundings as much old and abondond as the pillar had been.
    indeed i was in the midst of what had once been a small railyard. the structure of which the column i had been encased in being the freighthouse or some sort of small maintainence of way storage structure. surrounding that area all was forest, save for the balast, rails and rotting ties of the rail lines.
    there being no other sounds then those of birds and other small animals.

having nothing better to do, i set out walking to explore the area and see what i could find.
    in so doing so i discovered hunting. also having no idea how i had ended up encased in that concrete column,
    i none the less concidered a high probability of foul play having been involved, and while i suspected whoever responsible was probably themselves long dead,
    i did feel some compulsion to return the favor of what they had done me.

at any rate, and this is the nightmare part, wherever i suspected there might be people hiding in the forest, i would hunt them down and kill them.
    this i did by pointing my arm at them, and squezing my hand.

this i had done many times, before it occured to me to look down and my hand and see that there was no gun, just my empty hand,
    and the people or beings i had killed, did not fall down or bleed, but instead became transparent and simply faided away.

and after more then twenty of them having died, or watever it was i had done to them, i did begin to feel remorse and guilt.

all this time i continued walking around and exploring this otherwise mostly depopulated world.

then as i was walking along there were a couple of people up ahead, and no matter which way i tried to go around them, they were still in front of me.
    and as i got closer to them, more appeared to either side and behind and inexorably, as i continued walking toward the those in front, of them closed in
    and completely surrounded me and held me so i couldn't move, and applied improvised bindings, wire ties to me wrists and duct tape to my ankles.

then they pushed me up a ladder to a kind of open lookout type of crude wooden platform, and set me in a chair built into and of it.
    i feared, logically enough, that they were going to build a fire under it and burn me, but no. instead the mixed ingredients into a small handleless ceramic cup.

this they handed up to me tied to a long pole. i then took this cup, findind my wrists and ankles no longer bound, but still by some invisible means bound to this chair.
    the contents of the cup looked like mud and i assumed it to be some sort of poison.
    when it touched my lips it became a clear liquid, not unpleasant to taste, and i drank it.

expecting in a few moments to be dead, but nothing of the sort, instead, the platform and seat, which had been oriented toward these people and their village,
    had rotated 180 degrees, with not transition nor feeling of motion, so that now i was looking directly away from it.

i looked to the side to see what now they were doing, and they had all turned, whatever their position, so the each were pointed directly away from me.
    then they each and all began walking in the direction they were pointed and continued doing so until the had all dissapeared into the surrounding forest, in which ever way they had happened to have been pointing.

when they had all gone, i climbed down from the tower myself and continued into the forest from there in the direction i had been pointing and that was it.
    i woke up with all this dream with all of its details full in my memory and mind.

this is the first dream i would call a nightmare i have had in more then 50 years.

6. Riza3000

Riza3000 Members

I walked into what looked to be an empty work building. Saw a black woman dressed in beige office clothes, lying on her back--dead. Her arms were at her sides and her eyes looked half closed. I vaguely remember her having this weird circular pattern on her left temple. All surrounding a bullet hole. The only type of blood spatter I saw was the weird circular pattern on the temple. Everything else, including the body, was clean. If it weren't for the women body-- there wouldn't have been any sign that crime had occurred at all. Then, I saw these men rush in and cover her in a white sheet. I then, get sort like a quick flash of the woman's life. How she just got released from prison, got clean off of drugs, and how she was generally working on turning her life around. I even saw when she got accepted for a job. Her showing up for said job in that same beige suit, and as you must've guessed -- getting shot. I never saw who did it. I didn't even see the gun that fired the shot. There was bang and then she just...fell.

Maybe it's because I watch a lot of true crime. Maybe it's because I watch a lot of horror/thriller movies. Whatever the reason may be, this dream (like many others) freaked me the hell out. I don't know what it means or if it means anything at all. All I know is, it prevented me from falling asleep. I always have dreams like this -- dreams that I'm never in control of. Always the feeling of being watched.Yet, out of all of my dreams this is the one that continues to run in my mind. I can't really explain it.

If anyone knows what this means, please let me know. I hope it's not a bad omen or something.

Jcinalco likes this.
  7. JPN2

JPN2 Supporters HipForums Supporter

There is no such thing as omens. The brain uses memories to create an narrative to keep the brain active during sleep.

themnax, Jcinalco and curiousbear like this.
  8. Riza3000

Riza3000 Members

Well, your explanation makes me feel a little relieved Haha. I guess I kind of psyched myself out. I have some pretty intense dreams--some of them like this one really gets to me

JPN2 likes this.
  9. JPN2

I was staying at a hotel and talking to the manager while nude.

Jcinalco likes this.
  10. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

Are you a nudist?

11. JPN2

Yes, home nudist.

12. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

Same here!

13. JPN2

But, I want to be nude on vacation.

14. Very Fast Car

Very Fast Car Members

I'm happy to give some tips if you like.

Probably better to do it in a PM.

Your profile doesn't allow me to PM you, so please PM me if you are interested.

15. JPN2

I have to get ready for work. I will later tonight, at 11pm EST.

Very Fast Car likes this.
  16. curiousbear

curiousbear Senior Member

Last night, I went to see my mom. She lived in a gigantic housing community. While searching for her in that huge maze of buildings/rooms/courtyard I ran in to many of my childhood friends (!), and eventually met her. The rest rooms were so confusing, and I had hard time figuring out everything. And whatever I asked her answers were very confusing and I couldn't understand anything. I rarely get unpleasant dreams but when they do they are weird.

Jcinalco likes this.
  17. Jcinalco

Jcinalco Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I help with a food distribution on Thursdays. We used to have an older man help us. He’s in his 80’s and a super cool guy. But he’s stopped helping due to needing to rest more.

So my last dream was of him coming back to help. And not only help but having the strength of several men and taking charge of everything. In the dream he ended up standing tall on a huge stack of food boxes ready for distribution. He was looking down at me, encouraging me to keep pressing on with my volunteer work. I was looking up at him in admiration as he gave a speech. I don’t remember the speech and woke up before it ended.

I was really hoping to see him show up on the following Thursday but he didn’t unfortunately.

thepapasmurph and curiousbear like this.
  18. thepapasmurph

thepapasmurph Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I realized as I was having my first cup of coffee this morning that I dreamed I spoke with my deceased aunt on the phone. She has been dead for two years now - our family was close, and she was an influential person in my life. The odd thing about this dream is that I could hardly hear her, yet I did not tell her I was having a hard time hearing her, and for the most part, our conversation was light and fairly meaningless... I think I even guessed on some of my responses to whatever she was saying...we talked about the fact that I was awake so early, and my cousins were still sleeping... it placed me in an age category of nearly 50 years ago. I was talking with her on a landline phone. I can't remember the surroundings - if I was in my current home or my childhood home - that is unclear... after a few minutes of chatting, my cousin picked up the extension and tried to talk. My aunt said, "look who's awake", but my cousin was almost incoherent in her waking up brain, and sounded silly - I said - hey, call me when you wake up later... and that was the end of the call.
    I remember feeling the need to embrace this phone call with my aunt. Ironic to me, I don't know I ever felt that way when she was alive. I loved her but I never need to talk with her or turned to her in any particular way like that. It was almost like my conscious brain was trying to tell me how good it was to talk with her, while the dream itself was nothing particularly significant or special.
    It wasn't until quite a while into my morning coffee that I realized it was actually a dream. I think I need to call my cousin today.

curiousbear, Dude111 and Jcinalco like this.
  19. Twogigahz

Twogigahz Senior Member

I sometimes have dreams that involve being late, or losing my class schedule, or forgetting a test or generally not being able to find something or somewhere. I'm sure it's some deep psychological manifestation of being normal.. I rarely remember dreams, maybe bits and pieces unless it something or someone special.

Dude111 and Jcinalco like this.
  20. themnax

themnax Senior Member

memories are far from the only source. but they are a frequent contributor.

mine are frequently spent exploring landscapes or designing things and figuring out how to represent them. often these are combined.
    yes this includes the most recent i can currently recall.