What was the best acid you've ever taken?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by CamelToeLover, Jan 8, 2013.

1. 555

555 Members

Orange wedge, Whittier California, 1968 wait a minute, took half of a "blue colored" 4 way in Germany, do not remember name but could keep track of EVERY card in the deck!! (Playing cards)

1 person likes this.
  2. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

Of all the acid I took I think the best kind had no name. It wasn't liquid or blotter.. it was this dried gel or something like that. It was translucent but it had a color. It was aquamarine.

scratcho likes this.
  3. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

4. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

5. ZenaB

ZenaB Guest

It's been awhile; (we're going back to 1967 and 1968 Portland, Oregon here) but the fondest memories I have are of two types:

A tiny, clear two-part capsule with white powder filler called "white lightening", and some little pills shaped like tiny pencil erasers that were pink, with little splotches throughout that were called "strawberry barrels". The strawberry barrels were hard-milled, with a shiny surface -as though they'd been pressed with hydraulic presses; definitely a professional manufacturing job.

Not much later, there were blue ones, appropriately enough, "blueberry barrels". But it seemed like the strawberry ones were stronger. Maybe we'd just gotten used to 3-D hallucinations by the time the blueberry ones arrived. The doses were very uniform. Nobody ever took two at once that I knew of.

Both of those types produced hallucinations so strong that you could manifest visuals by just thinking about them; it was definitely impossible to travel anywhere for a good 5 hours after it started to come on. No driving, no walking, you were where you were going to be, unless somebody carried you physically somewhere else.

By 1970 the acid we were getting in Portland had become so weak we had to take 5 to 10 microdots to come even close to the single doses of strawberry barrel or black double-dome; I just gave up taking any then, and haven't had any since.

I think the white lightening was the show-stopper; it was available for just a few weeks then never saw any again. Absolutely amazing stuff.

6. Driftwood Gypsy

Driftwood Gypsy Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

A Dead and Company show in Eugene, OR. It hit just as St. Stephen came on; I had tears streaming down my face, such a good time. Then I totally thought Mickey was going to literally bring the stadium down because it felt like the tones he was hitting in Drums>Space were matching the frequency of the stone the staidum was made of and we all were gonna collapse... but we didn't; had an awesome show, and afterwards had the best grilled cheese sandwich I've ever had in my life.

scratcho and ChinaCatSunflower67 like this.
  7. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Bernie Sanders blotter was good a few years ago. But all my best experiences are drinking right from the vile. :grin:

8. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

I have taken my fair share: purple aliens, black aliens, and some other hits that had some red and green on them in like a dot matrix-y kind of spiral design or something (Someone said those were sunshine but I didn't hear that from the guy I got them from), blue-green gel tabs, liquid, I think that's it, oh yea... white blotter. Those are the ones I've done, but with multiple occurrences of each. I've tripped quite a bit I think. At least 2 times each on the six different kinds I've mentioned (except liquid; I only remember doing that once).

The best was... I think the gel tabs, but I hadn't tripped in awhile when I took them so hard to say.

EDIT: Woops! I've posted twice in this thread. I swear it wasn't marked as such. lol oh well no harm done.

9. storch

storch banned

I was 19 and living with seven hippies at the time. We spent a lot of time smoking weed and playing chess and cards while listening to Black Sabbath and the Moody Blues. One day our weed guy dropped in and asked us if we wanted to buy some acid. It was $2.50 a hit. At the time, all I could think about was how many packs of cigarettes I could buy with that money. But we bought some anyway.

It was called microdot. After seeing it, I was thinking that it was so small that I'd need two . . . maybe three. But I did one and then waited. After twenty minutes, I looked at my friend and said, "I don't know about you, but I ain't gettin' nothin' off this stuff." Being the first time for me and my buddy, we didn't know what to expect, but we knew we weren't feeling anything from it. So I said I was going to town and get some cigarettes. Town was like seven blocks away. I walked to the U-Save-Discount store and got in line. They sold the cheapest cigarettes and so there was usually a line of at least seven people in front of you. And that's when it hit me.

I looked at someone behind me. When they looked back at me, I started laughing because the look on their face was one of panic. Of course, when I laughed, everyone looked at me. And that was even funnier than the guy with the panicked look--way funnier! I did my best to stop laughing, but it was about five seconds before I laughed again. And everyone looked again. It struck me that even though everyone was perceiving me as strange, it was their guarded façade that was strange. I saw their response to my laughter as being like that of very young children responding to someone who shouts BOO unexpectedly. I realized that I had to get out of there because the laughter was unstoppable.

I laughed all the way back to house. When I walked in, my buddy was laughing his ass off, and we both looked at each other and laughed some more. It's pointless to try to describe the rest of the experience, but eventually I went back up to the discount store to get the cigarettes. I thought I had come down enough to handle it, but as I approached the door to the place, I started laughing, so I had to wait until later. All in all, that was the best acid incident I recall.

Years later, I recall doing some blotter stuff, and during the trip I happened to recall an episode of Scooby-do. In the episode, there was a covered bridge. And when someone turned a crank below the bridge, the bridge would turn a full 180 degrees so that a vehicle entering the covered bridge would end up going the same way it came without knowing it. When Scooby and the gang found the crank, Shaggy (the one who always had the munchies) said, "Oh, like I get it! When you turn the bridge around, it makes this crank go around." And that sent me off on another laughing jag. I relayed the Scooby-do thing to a fellow tripper and sent him to laugh land.

scratcho and ChinaCatSunflower67 like this.
  10. jantje

jantje Members

11. Angelmama

Angelmama Angel Lifetime Supporter

It was a long time ago.
    A sugar cube with a drop of acid on it back in 1967 when I was 14
    It cost me a quarter.

scratcho likes this.
  12. Skipped this in my life....

srgreene likes this.
  13. rasta g child

rasta g child flower power

every1 has dun drugs b4

ill watauga partys

14. newo

newo Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've only done acid a few times and it was long ago.

The best was Orange Sunshine. Happiness!

The worst was some blotter acid, too intense. Fortunately I had pre-mixed a pitcher of screwdrivers and we drank it all, so getting a little drunk made it tolerable.

Didn't take long before I decided that LSD is not for me.

15. Angelmama

Orange sunshine was good but I was disappointed in blotter and windowpane in the 80s.
    Plus they were 7 bucks a hit!
    I remember paying 25 or 50 cents back in the day.

16. wrat1

wrat1 Members

A thumbprint of crystal

17. Angelmama

That's one I've never tried.
    Must be something more recent than the 80s, when I tripped last.

18. wrat1

wrat1 Members

When LSD is synthesized, the final product has a crystalline structure, which is why people refer to it as crystal. The manufacturer then sells their crystal LSD by the gram to a distributor.

19. Angelmama

See that... You learn something new every day.
    I've taken probably over 200 trips but never knew that.
    Also the only significant amount I ever saw was liquid in a small bottle which was added by the drop to sugar cubes by the guy who was selling it.