What was the best acid you've ever taken?

Discussion in 'Flashbacks' started by CamelToeLover, Jan 8, 2013.

1. Gongshaman

Gongshaman Modus Lascivious

Those are my guesses.

2. porkstock41

porkstock41 Every time across from me...not there!

but if it gets degraded by the time the test it...how come not by the time you eat it?

i wonder if LSD is just never very pure. maybe a lot of it is iso-LSD or whatever other inactive chemical. so that a 100 ug dose is really only ~30 ug of actual LSD. i'm sure someone would have figured that out by now though.
    i think that is the case, but it's only enough impurities to reduce the actual dose from 100 ug to 85 or 90 ug.

so did none of you older heads save any of that good shit for a rainy day?!?!?

3. Gongshaman

Naw, I was always too concerned with degradation.

I don't remember getting a whole lot of bunk acid back then but when I did I usually just chalked it up to improper storage, too much handling or just out-of date lol

The microdots seemed to store pretty well but blotter and windowpane, not so much.

Always a bad sign if you are buying from a guy pulling blotters out of his sweaty-ass wallet lol.

4. porkstock41

i have stored blotters for at least three years with no noticeable loss in potency. however, i store them well (wrapped up, in a mason jar with silica gel packs, in the fridge).

yeah, i always wonder how they were handled before me though. i'm sure they have been handled by quite a few people by that time. the last dude i got some from had a shitload in a padded manilla envelope, and he was just tearing tenstrips off the sheets.

5. Gongshaman

Yeah I think I remember reading once the 3 years properly stored was about the upper limit.
    The best dealers never touched the shit with bare hands, they would use tweezers or surgical gloves.

6. porkstock41

what about the sandoz L that they broke out after like 40 years of storage? you ever read about that. supposedly, hippies couldn't tell the difference between it and the stuff from their youth

7. Gongshaman

Wow, Yeah never heard about that. What, they kept it stored cryogenically or something?

8. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

If protected from light, oxygen and extreme temps, LSD should last indefinitely.

The purple microdots I had were tested at PharmChem labs back then and tested at ~170ugs per hit. That was the average of three hits that were sent for analysis.
    The liquid I mentioned was also tested by PharmChem.

If a little logic and science is applied, it is easy to understand how differing methods of delivery effect shelf-life.
    Crystal is the purest form utilizing no carrier medium. If stored properly, it has the most stable and longest shelf-life.
    But it is also the most readily susceptible to the ravages of heat, light and oxygen. It's bare naked man!
    The biggest drawback is it is very hard to handle and definitely not for the inexperienced to mess with.

Microdots and other pill forms probably have the next longest shelf life as the LSD is bound up with the fillers and binders used to form the pill, therefore less exposure to oxygen and light. Producing them comes with a hefty set-up cost, the need for an actual facility bigger than an apartment, and are also prone to more waste than other methods. But they do provide the benefits of easy dosage control, easy transportability and decent shelf-life.

Then you have liquid solutions of LSD, usually ethanol or de-ionized water.
    These are usually the next purest form after crystal and also have the benefit of easy dosage control and versatility of administration. If stored properly, liquid solutions should last fairly long, but not near as long as pill forms or crystal, especially if the solvent used wasn't chem-lab grade pure. But transport and storage do present issues.

Then we have the most common form ever, paper blotter.
    The benefits of blotter as a medium is it's very easy to lay sheets and no need for a permanent set-up and blotter is stupid easy to transport.
    The biggest caveat to blotter is a very short shelf life when compared to other delivery methods. Just by virtue of the physical shape of the paper requires that more of the LSD molecules be directly exposed to oxygen and light. That translates to very inconsistent dosage control over the life of any particular batch (which if the sheets are not laid properly in the first place can be very inconsistent); the hits are going to be much stronger 1 week after they were laid than 1 month after.

Then there are the more rare geltabs and such which fall between pills and blotter in terms of shelf life being a little better than paper blotter, but not much.

So it is rather easy to figure out if/how fresh your hits may/could be depending on the medium used to deliver the goods. ;)

9. porkstock41

guess i better get around to eating those 7 white blotters i've been saving from this summer then?

http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_article2.shtml

found this http://theline.wordpress.com/2006/11/17/sandoz-lsd-no-better-than-modern-acid/ searching for the erowid article

10. NoxiousGas

NoxiousGas Old Fart

Amber glass ampule filled with nitrogen gas, the standard storage procedure for LSD-25 crystal :D

11. the_doors_of_perception

the_doors_of_perception Member

I'm a younger hippie (25). I've only been fortunate to find ''acid'' once when I was visiting Montreal. ***I clearly understand that the stuff they have out there today is not the same as before.*** Well, it didn't do anything- turned out to be a bad batch, BUT, hear me out! I had the trippiest day ever but it had nothing to do with the acid! xD Just happened to be one of those days.

I saw hundreds of balloons floating up into the sky, and watched as my friends flew off a mechanical bull that was brought to our university. There was beautiful violin music in the park across the street, and the weather was /perfect/, about 65 degrees.

I watched as a whimsical looking dog jumped around to the violin music. For a few minutes, I spent some time laying in the middle of the expansive, bright green golf-course and watching the ducks, and just noticing how clear and bright the sky and water were. Then I called my friend in case I needed a sitter.

We began walking, and encountered another friend on the street, so grabbed her along for the adventure. We stopped to get lunch at a very quirky looking, rainbow-decorated hot dog place. It was so crowded that just the buzz of human voices was making me feel high. There were several people in elaborate costumes.

When we left, I heard the drums of a marching band in the distance, so I said, let's go that way. "That way" lead us to an old wooden treasure chest on the side of the road, and it was filled with tarot cards and old candles. We picked it up and continued walking towards an old grave yard. The smell of dead bodies permeated the air. There were all kinds of trinkets laying on the ground- toys, giant shells, clothes, a lawnmower, broken pile of headstones...it was just weird. I even found an old bone.

We continued on our way, and it was night now. We heard spooky bells and organ music coming from an abandoned house. Soon we looked up and saw a very androgynous looking human in a pink shirt and green clown shoes tripping down the sidewalk and struggling to walk (clearly very drunk). He(?) was almost hit by a car. We followed him until he looked safe enough.

We walked back to our school's art building to drop off the treasure chest and other things we'd found. Before embarking out again, we took a break where we watched a trippy indie movie about death, time travel, and trying to bring someone back to life-- it was particularly relevant because the main character had the same name of a friend who died too young and we were thinking about that at the time.

We ventured off again, hung out at a bar for a while, met some new people. There were some good oldies playing, fortunately for me. We later walked into a tattoo shop and browsed the designs (no one got anything ;]). And I should mention, ALL throughout the day and night, at every single place, there was REALLY good music playing!

This all happened during Mardi Gras season, btw. :p So that, plus the fact that it's New Orleans makes this not all that weird. But that day was special; I just wish I could find some stuff that would actually work!

12. kronikhippie62

kronikhippie62 Members

1973, Ft. Lewis, Wash. I took some yellow sunshine, a nickel bag of speed, and a bowl of acapulco gold. I thought I discovered the meaning of life and packed my shit and headed for the Canadian border at 2 in the morning. I got half way there and got stupid again and went back. (Good thing I did).

13. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

Bought a sheet at Highgate

Vt. Dead show. Really strong. My freezer was full.

14. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

Oh it was white on white

15. mindbender62

mindbender62 Member

The Mickey mouse in 80s was good

16. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Got stopped on the way to Canada by a California highway patrolman. 5 longhairs caught his attention. I had 75 hits of windowpane with me! Had he found it--I'd probably still be under the jail!

17. WE1

WE1 Member

Probably some Orange Sunshine sent to us from California in 1970 - I think it was 500 mikes.

18. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Bought two hits of saccarin from a guy in Waikiki. Sweet, but no go.

Don't know if any of the cops that had just graduated from their initial training ever tried any again---but they damn sure enjoyed the window pane that I gave them at a camp ground on the big island of Hawaii. I did not solicit--they asked if I had any.

19. ASSTILL

ASSTILL Guest

SHERBUT LEMONS, I had Huggins of mates.

20. magickman

magickman Supporters HipForums Supporter

Yes I saw that just a few weeks ago, there's a youtube video about the place and some other things about it all. I don't remember where I found it, possibly Erowid(?)