What was everyone high one back in the sixties and the seventees?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by yogie, May 11, 2007.

1. yogie

yogie Member

I kno with leary and lsd and all everyone must of tried some acid once or something. But was really like the thing you would see everyone doing. If you dont get what i mean. What drug was used the most by hippies. Im guessing bud cause you dont have 2 go on a full out trip you can smoke it n go on with yur life.So what was everyone doing back then?

2. LightningRose

LightningRose Member

Whatcha got? ;)

3. PAX-MAN

PAX-MAN Just A Old Hippy

my drug of choice was LOVE , you should try it , it's great there is nothing like
    PS: I always wanted to said that

4. Freewheelin Franklin

Freewheelin Franklin Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Well, I missed out on the Owsley. Had some good windowpane, though. Didn't care for 'ludes; they made me feel like I had an instant hangover. Stayed away from all needle drugs; as Abbie Hoffman said, the only dope worth shooting was Richard Nixon. My drugs of choice were Columbain Gold and Panama Red. You know, the stuff that lowered your IQ about 50% and made you drool on your shirt for several hours.

5. Lady of the Freaks

Lady of the Freaks Senior Member

everyone i knew was smokin' weed, drinkin' beer and homemade wine...and now and then dropping acid...that's about it.

6. cricketlind

cricketlind Member

Same here. A few folks were doing "ludes". As well as anything else that might possibly get you high. We were poor country kids so we dried cactus and it did the trick. Prickly pear dried and smoked is a pretty decent high. We also dried Okra cuz we heard it got you high. Very harsh and not much of a buzz. We bought weed when we could get it and mostly smoked OP's. Someone was always willing to share a toke. The only prob with the prickly pear was harvesting and processing it. And the next morning you wake up needing a partner in the worst way. Which is great if you got one but hell if you ain't. Didn't do LSD until more modern times. Did some wannabee stuff at a gathering. Then was at a friends place and got dosed with some real stuff. Had a nice trip. Back in the sixties my drug of choice was weed pure and simple. Plus some speed now and then. And I was just a kid in the sixties so I didn't do much then but in the 70"s and 80's yeah. But some good lovin' with the right person beats any drug ever made. I still smoke weed when I can and I sip some homemade wine or have a beer most every day. Very rarely get drunk. Age means I would rather watch the young'uns do all the stupid shit instead of doing it myself.

But if I got a chance to do some good Acid I just might.............

Peace, Cricket

7. smileemark

smileemark Member

weed and beer !!

8. Hippy2L8

Hippy2L8 Visitor

oh boy!! I started in 6th grade...booze, weed, acid, crystal, PCP, shrooms, reds, stp, mesc., coke, white cross, hash, laced hash, my aunts diet speeds, codiene, banged speed and coke a few times...probably forgettin' a few, whatever i could get my greedy lil hands on. Back then treatment meant stickin' to beer and weed for awhile.

9. BusHippy

BusHippy Member

I have always grown my own weed, only sometimes paid for it latley as i've no east to west light and am too tight for hydro's. In the 70's was always block.

10. Willow_Jon

Willow_Jon Banned

I grew up 12 miles from the mexican border , so we always had some killer weed moving through our area , that , and a lot of beer was all I ever saw .