what types of clothing make breastfeeding more convenient?

Discussion in 'Clothes' started by Mums2be, Sep 21, 2013.

1. Mums2be

Mums2be Banned

Hello,
    i can usually only find regular clothes, not specialized attire, so what types of fairly casual clothes make it more convenient to breastfeed?

2. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Button front shirt with a Tshirt or tank underneath.
    One specialized item that will make a lot of difference is a nursing bra.

3. Mums2be

Mums2be Banned

Hello drumminmama,
    Thanks for suggestion.

4. nox_lumen

nox_lumen Member

Anything that mimics the Italian Ren style. Those plunging gowns were made with breast feeding as part of the plan. The style comes back most falls for back to school in honor of Juliette.

Kimono. The real ones you wrap like a robe, but with the older 3 inch belt, not the 6-12 inch that comes in around 1700's for the ladies. Again, the garment was made with the plan of breast feeding, and the bigest change in constrution was the final belt. You may want a tank under neath for modesty incase of collar shifting.

5. barefootlocks

barefootlocks Senior Member

I know this is an old thread, but new mammas might find this useful.

For me, anything low cut that I can pop a boob out of is a great nursing shirt ;)

If you're a shirt puller-upper nurser (coined that term myself, feel free to use it) I found a great tutorial that mimics Undercover Mothers nursing tanks. You just cut the straps off a spaghetti strap tank, make a loop and clip it to your nursing bra.

Here's a tut...
    http://www.sustaincreateandflow.com/diy-nursing-tank/

6. brightlikeme

brightlikeme Guest

Front butooned attire helps you to open and close the shirt for feeding, also the ones with long necks can help u tuck out yr assets for feeding