What type of shoes do you wear if you are not barefoot

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by slartibartfas0815, Jul 21, 2013.

1. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

Thanks for all the suggestions.

At the moment flip-flops are my favourites when I can't be barefoot.

But last week I bought a pair of espadrilles. Quite comfortable and lightweight:

Espadrilles (Wikipedia)

It's a good option if you need closed shoes (not sandal-like), I think. It's just a sole made of rope and thin canvas sewed on top of it. So it doesn't take much place in your backpack or alike if you don't need them. They are no good for rainy days, as I figured out, though. The sole gets soaked very fast and then they become very stiff and uncomfortable. And need a day or two of drying.

2. PhotoDude

PhotoDude Member

I just wear slip on shoes.

3. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

I wear Steel Toe's to work because i have to but in the winter time i wear those slip-on shoes Vans make...i have a blue and a black pair and i have a pair of nice Adidas sneakers i really only wear when it snows here in VA...i've had them for like 6 years and they look brand new still lol

4. slartibartfas0815

slartibartfas0815 Member

As said, I find flip-flops to be the most comfortable "shoes" at the moment, if I don't want to go barefoot. I have to get new ones in the next days, one of the straps came off three times yesterday. But doesn't matter, I know a store where I can some for a very low price.

5. rol the sole

rol the sole Member

When I can't be barefoot (apart from work where I have to wear boots) I will occasionally wear flip-flops. I don't particulally like them, they are crap in the rain. I have couple of pairs of trainers / pumps that I have cut the soles out of. To anyone looking I am wearing "shoes" but my soles are totally bare to the ground. They are great for fooling people and I can get into places that are not barefoot freindly. Ok I would prefer to be barefoot all of the time but this is a compromise

6. raulperuvian

raulperuvian Member

In this order :bf sandals,crocs,or leather shoes with socks (only formal ocassions)

7. uniped

uniped Member

A flip-flop in warmer weather and some form of a clog when it is colder.

8. AstroShark

AstroShark Member

my invisible sneakers..:D

9. hillman30

hillman30 Member

lol, was thinkin the same thing.

10. bare feet and crutches

bare feet and crutches Members

I am barefoot year-round. Even winter farm visits are done with a bare foot. The only footwear I have is a single jandal (flip flop) for my good foot and that isn't great for winter mud. The injured one stays bare unless it is in one of it's many casts.

11. cattard

cattard Member

You and Uniped should hookup

12. drumminmama

drumminmama Super Moderator Super Moderator

Depends on the weather.
    I have slip on/off shoes to get me into work. (I work barefoot, but its not technically ok, so slip in, slip out)

Winter, I'm a cold wuss. I wear snow boots in snow.

If I need traction in pretty mundane things, Chacos.

13. Blizky

Blizky Member

Today is chilly and I'm a bad soldier, I'm wearing my moccasins. Soft soled of course ;)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14. farmout

farmout All who wander arent lost Lifetime Supporter

Crocs in summer, hiking boots in winter....

15. hillman30

hillman30 Member

docksiders in winter or to get into somewhere to eat or drink, tho mocs work for the latter too

16. TeshawnEdmonds

TeshawnEdmonds Member

Uggs, open-heeled clogs, adidas, & Converse All-Star.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

17. jagerhans

jagerhans Far out, man. Lifetime Supporter

leather flip flops, or my 22-year-old boots.

18. Hoppípolla

Hoppípolla Senior Member

19. Karen_J

Karen_J Visitor

Flip flops are my favorite all year long, since I rarely have to be outdoors in winter for more than a few minutes at a time. If the weather is wet or I need to dress a little nicer, flats are my second choice. I have casual and dress flats in several colors. For the coldest days, my Birkenstock clogs cover up everything except about an inch of heel below my blue jeans, so I never need socks.

I discovered another option about a year ago, in a store that sells mostly to dancers. For rhythmic gymnastics, a form of dance that is in the Summer Olympics, they make something like a ballet flat that only has a sole on the front third. The back two-thirds of the shoe is nothing but a thin strap to hold it on, like a sling-back pump. I've worn those all kinds of places, and nobody seems to notice that they don't have complete soles. They feel great!

I used to have a sexy pair of black knee-high boots that had diamond-shaped cutouts on the inside all the way from top to bottom, but they wore out and couldn't be replaced.

20. bft4evr

bft4evr Senior Member

Karen - you wouldn't happen to have a pic of these would you? I am intrigued by the description but am also guessing they are more of a feminine thing.