what to say to the cop

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by mikeyjwest, May 9, 2004.

1. EddieV1984

EddieV1984 Member

Hahah, thats awesome.

2. nhorml

nhorml Member

just because they smell marijuana does not give them the right to arest its happen to me plenty of times they just say that to try and scare people like you into talking up if they say that its usally followed by do you have and narcotis or weapons in the vehicle then maybe if there is more than one of you he will take you out of the car and try to scare you but just say know he cant search your car when he asks im pretty fucking stoned so that might not make sence but its true

3. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

If there's the smell of marijuana, that's probable cause.

Marijuana smells don't come out of the A/C or the seat.

If they smell it, they can search you.
    If you cover it up with an ungodly amount of cologne though, thats b/s if they say its suspicious.

just say you dropped the bottle and it broke. :)

4. nhorml

nhorml Member

i dont think so buddy

5. keowyn

keowyn Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Police used to need probable cause to search a vehicle.
    THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE
    The Supreme Court has ruled that any traffic stop qualifies as probable cause for a vehicular search and that automobiles are not covered by the 4th amendment. Several states have since changed their laws to conform to these looser standards. For a fact, in New York (where I am from) this has been in affect for 3 years. I have personally discussed this with police oficers who stated that yes, they were doing these searches.
    This has recieved very little publicity and most people are not aware of it. The decision was passed 5-4 by the supreme court. God I wish I had written down the name of the case but it is out there for someone to find and post the information. It is not universal yet and still illegal in many states but the precedent has been established.

You are not safe in your car and you are not (necessarily) protected from searches of your vehicle.

6. samr

samr Member

A cop can search your car no matter what. It's whether or not it holds up in court that is at stake.

7. samr

samr Member

That might be just in Canada. I have heard both sides of the smell thing with someone swearing they are right. If someone has a court case or legislation or something for proof I would love to see it. Thanks.

8. psilonaut

psilonaut Mushroom Muncher

pure comedy gold!

9. MagicMedicine

MagicMedicine Sailor Scent

lol, seriously, we need to find out what the law REALLY is.
    probable cause is such a loose word.

10. Small_Brown

Small_Brown Senior Member

I've only smoked a few times, and once after sharin 2 bowls with 2 friends, we jumped in the car and just drove around like usual. My friends had to leave early, so I was just walkin around town mindin my own business. A cop pulls up on the opposite side of the road..he says hey come over here, so I did (didnt wanna piss him off). He asked me what i was doin out so late. I said I'm just takin a walk, enjoying the air. He kinda looked at me and said do I smell marijuana? I just said yeah, and? Hes like just go home and dont bother anyone.

It helps when you live in a small town where everyone knows everyone else and cops are cool :)

11. DreamWeaver1099

DreamWeaver1099 Senior Member

All the more reason to run :D

12. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Samr, I could look back in my binder and give you the name of the case, and find some documentation on it on the internet.