what to say to the cop

Discussion in 'Cannabis and Marijuana' started by mikeyjwest, May 9, 2004.

1. Ocean Byrd

Ocean Byrd Artificial Energy

That sucks. Fuck, cops can't even pull shit out of your pockets unless they think it's a weapon; a glass spoon isn't anything close to a weapon, btw. But they usually threaten you into it if you decline.

2. RoBoWaLkEr

RoBoWaLkEr Member

That's not true that a male officer can't search a female. They can't STRIP SEARCH a female, but they most certainly can pat down a female, or virtually anyone that they want to for that matter. It's some law that was passed in order to "protect the safety of officers". It states that they can pat down anyone for weapons if they feel it's "necessary", which is totally their judgement call. It's not like searching a trunk which requires cause/consent. If you guys want more info on it go to erowid.org and look under the culture/law section. However, one loophole is that if they pat you down for weapons, and find let's say a baggie of unidentified substance, they can't go ahead and further field test it to see what it is or whatever. I know there are some cases like that but don't quote me. Actually, if anyone else knows I'd like to know...

3. FTNW

FTNW Member

Go >>HERE<<

And you'll know what to do if your confronted by the heat.

4. Shaman420

Shaman420 Herbalist

Have you ever been arrested? Cause I have and I told the cops to fuck off numerous times, along with acting like a belligerent asshole, and I have a nice scar on my head to show for it. If you get arrested or you come in contact with cops dont be an idiot, they WILL throw your ass in jail, and it sucks worse than you know. Listen for your miranda rights cause if they dont say them then you can get your case thrown out when you go to court, and if they do say them then don't say a word without an attorney present. But dont be stupid, theres nothing worse than crooked pig and theres LOTS of them out there, waiting to put kids "in their place".

5. PITPAT

PITPAT Member

if a cop says that to me i find its helpful to get all nervous and studder.

6. FTNW

FTNW Member

In case clicking the link was to much!! ;)

7. tinkerbella208

tinkerbella208 Member

Hey i have that kind!! :-D

8. keele

keele Member

ive got a good one. tell him you were at a party and somebody pulled out bud, started smoking it, and you felt you should be smart and leave, and you were on your way home!!!!
    sorry if somebody put this already i didnt read em all

9. geckopelli

geckopelli Senior Member

As the vetrern of more police shake downs then you can imagine, let me tell you

"turn the dome light on (if it’s nighttime), "

is a no-no. Why do you need light? Lost your pistol in the dark?

Also, "Get out of the way while I search", or "I'm searching the car" in a threatening manner is how most pigs "ask" permission to search.

If you say you're leaving, they'll ask you if you want to be arrested. If you walk away, they'll say you resisted.

This is how they are trained to act, and it is indeed how they do act.

10. TreePhiend

TreePhiend Member

how about, "It's chalk officer I swear!"

11. LivingLegends

LivingLegends Senior Member

12. Shamrock

Shamrock Member

chalk? i dont get it

13. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

i think maybe they are talking about coke but I dont know

14. DreamWeaver1099

DreamWeaver1099 Senior Member

Hell if its coke they are after just snort it all before pulling over. Its easy, stick the bag to your nose and SNORT.

15. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

About the plain view thing...

That is correct, unless the cops see something in "plain view" they do not have reasonable search!

I learned this in law class and there was a case where the cop smelled marijuana and proceeded to search, found hash, was arrested, and went to court.

However the accused won in court because they CANNOT base their search on smell, only on what is in "plain view."

I'm 100% positive about this. What sucks is they don't care until you go to court.

16. DreamWeaver1099

DreamWeaver1099 Senior Member

So if the car smells like a green house, that still does not give them reason to search?

17. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

What he was saying that he has no right to search your car if he has no probable cause, or a warrent.

A cop can search you if he has probbable cause or a warrent. Hence, you smell like weed, you get searched.

18. MattInVegas

MattInVegas John Denver Mega-Fan

I never been stopped for a DUI. Speeding, yes. The cops told me, "I've been waiting for YOU all day! With an evil grin on his face. I knew I was gonna get a ticket! All I could think of was "I got here as FAST as I could!" I got a walk!

19. Flav_cool

Flav_cool Member

Didn't you read my post? It can smell like whatever the fuck....I told you there's no law based on smell, only plain view! Well at least that's what its like in Canada, and I dind't say they don't search you but you will win in court if you base your case on the one I told you about.

20. Stalkz

Stalkz Member

Well I'm talking about america. Ya know, that shitty country down there...