What to do with those shoddies?

Discussion in 'Barefoot' started by Antony14, Jul 31, 2019.

1. Antony14

Antony14 Members

Unfortunately, many people are not barefoot-friendly at all. If they were we would have opportunity to be barefoot in public places like work school etc. I bet some of you still have confrontations with parents who are against bare feet. As for me I grew up in a family of confirmed shoddies and was forced to be shod all the time all my childhood. I have always wanted to free my feet, but they would yell at me every day each time they saw my bare soles, even if they noticed my flops or slippers under or next to (but not on) my feet (I slipped them off every now and then). The question is how to overcome it, persuade them that bare feet are ok, eliminate those stupid anti-barefoot rules and help kids who want to be be barefoot most of the time, but parents never allow that

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
    BarefootedBoy likes this.
  2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i assume each person has their own motivations for requiring others to wear random articles of clothing, so the best arguments would probably vary depending on the person. but i have no idea based on personal experience; as i mentioned in another thread, i finally met my first "shoddie" yesterday, after 35 years of nobody giving a fuck what other people wear on their feet.

3. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

You don't say how old you are, but if you still live at home, the day will come when you move out. Then you can do what you want.

charlie35 likes this.
  4. Antony14

Antony14 Members

I still live with my mom, but it doesn't matter. Not only me, a lot of children have this problem, I guess

5. mmicmann

mmicmann Member

Pity about your situation. When I was a kid, my mom teased me for NOT going barefoot. She rarely wore shoes, and my twin sisters had competitions to see who could go the most days barefoot and/or get the blackest feet. That was the 60s, though...different mindset in those days.

BarefootedBoy likes this.
  6. Barefoot-boy

Barefoot-boy Member

You are so correct, a different mindset back then, I'm not sure how this change came about, but it's sad to say the least. Growing up in that same time, I was subjected to comments from my sister due to my lack of going barefoot. It wasn't until later that I started my quest for going barefooted.

BarefootedBoy and Antony14 like this.
  7. Scirocco09

Scirocco09 Members

The only thing you can do is move out and then do what you want. Some people’s prejudices are so ingrained and they probably don’t even know why they think like that. All I know is my feet are much happier and healthier without shoes.

You’re likely to get more positive or inquisitive comments in the countryside but more negative in towns or cities. The people that are negative usually won’t confront you directly. Went to Asda last week and walked past a few shop workers, the lads stacking the shelves were fine but walked past a lardy worker and noticed her giving the look, then she went to the lads and started mouthing off “why the hell has he got no shoes on?” “Is that allowed?”, could hear her down the next isle. Not had any issues there before, it’s usually a relaxed place. The workers at the local Co-op are all chilled about it, one of the girls always looks over the counter to check if I’m barefoot, says it makes her happy

8. BarefootedBoy

BarefootedBoy Members

I got it from friends. Finally, it hit me they were right, and one summer day, I freed my feet!