What The Hell Is Wrong With My Tree!?

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by tumbling.dice, May 12, 2018.

1. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

I planted a tulip tree a couple of years ago and it has done great until recently. About two weeks ago I noticed it starting to get all wilty and brown spots started to appear on the leaves. It looks like it is trying to outgrow it...new growth and leaves are appearing at the ends of the branches but I'm still concerned. This Spring has been cooler and wetter than average; could that be all it is? Does anyone know anything about trees?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Meliai

Meliai Banned

I remember you posted about this tree when you first planted it because thats how I figured out a tree in my yard is also a tulip tree.

Mine wasnt looking so hot last year, the leaves looked similar to yours and half the trunk split off and died. I actually assumed the whole tree was dying and was debating cutting it all down...but it perked up this year and looks really healthy

So i guess my advice is to hope for the best lol

tumbling.dice likes this.
  3. MeAgain

MeAgain Dazed & Confused Lifetime Supporter Super Moderator

4. deleted

deleted Visitor

some sort of fungus blight.

5. deleted

deleted Visitor

Also trim those suckers on the bottom, at least two foot up should have no branches.

6. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Thanks guys, I'll go with the fungus theory.

7. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

My Tulip Tree is doing a lot better. I didn't end up treating it; it seemed to be getting better on it's own so I let it go. All I did was trim the bottom branches like Orison said.

[​IMG]

8. DeNuttySquirrel

DeNuttySquirrel Members

I would trust a squirrel as well!

Orison and Aerianne like this.
  9. deleted

deleted Visitor

you trim the suckers, so the insect cant jump to the leaves and climb and spread injury. suckers also rob nutes to better developed branches .. might of had a wet season, reason for some the fungi blight. drier conditions and sun light fixed it up too.