What stage of your life you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 20, 2007.

1. themnax

themnax Senior Member

from about two years before i moved up to oregon to about two years after. to a lesser degree perhapse from 71 to along about 85 or so. not so much stages in my life as places i was living and circumstances under which i was doing so. particular when i was both working and living by myself and when among those times i was not being conned into thinking there was somthing missing.

i don't miss one day of my childhood a damd bit. although there was nothing all that terrible about most of it. nor any other day i had to live with my parents, who were all well and good people, just a bit mind numbing and depressing to be arround when they were both there.

now that i'm married is ok too. but i still think the times i was living alone, and working rather then having to live under a bridge or in a homeless shelter, in order to do so, were the best times in my life that i've ever had. bed spring acres (oregon) was ok too, but it lacked certain oppertunities for what i was interested in.

portland (or), when i was a member of PorSFiS and working for saga foods, was probably the best of it. also when i was living in ashland (or) and working for bear creek. and then when i was living in auburn (cali) before that, when i was working at the koffee kup, more so then when i was working at the auburn hotel, the last being just before going up to oregon to stay for a couple of years at bed spring acres before moving on to ashland and then to portland.

seattle was ok when i had the boat. but there were many frustrations there, not the lest of which was never finding work there. working for the railroad 72-73 was ok too. and then getting one of those good for two months write yourself tickets the dirty dog (greyhound) had going on then, and riding all over the western us right after i had to quit there, before ending up in seattle.

those were the best times all of those. but it's just the situations i was in those times that is anything to miss. well and of course the political attitude in the 70s that people had given so much of themselves in the 60s to bring about, before the crap that brought raygun to office. i mean other then the general spirit of the times in the 70s, you know, there isn't anything i have wanted then or would want not to make the world stand still for or anything like that.

retailing being mom and pop and infrastructure being unionized, the way it was when i was little growing up, with building codes only being enforced in cities and less then about 1/4 as many people total as there are now.

those are the kinds of things i miss if anything. really what i experience and feel is almost entirely about the kind of world we all have to live in, and pretty much always has been.

=^^=
    .../\...

2. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

rock on kitty:D Good answer. How often we forget too.

3. dylanzeppelin

dylanzeppelin daydream believer

Aww that's a toughie. It's constantly changing when I'm happiest and well I guess Senior year in high school without boyfriend that I had at the time. Maybe things would be different now. Oh well, no point in thinking too deeply on that.

4. sanja_serbia

sanja_serbia Senior Member

I'm missing all the stages when I was living in illusion that you can actually rely on people....Ignorance was a bliss....Apart from that, I don't miss any stage, all of them were good, including this one....

5. MoonjavaSeed

MoonjavaSeed Yeah, Toast!

damn straight. :D

I wanna be sitting in the huge cardboard box our new fridge came in, watching Sesame Street and eating cheese and crackers, with the chicken pox again. :D

6. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I agree four years old was pretty cool, watching my brothers and sisters head off to school while I sat down front of the TV for a morning of Captain Kangaroo, high adventure & exploration into the nearby woods, and being hauled from store to store by my mother while kicking and screaming.

Hotwater

7. beatlerific

beatlerific not like other girls

i loooove now.
    but i do miss not having adult responsibilities (paying for doctor, dentist, aparment, etc..)

8. smokindude

smokindude Senior Member

I want to stay the age i am right now forever.

9. Lucifer Sam

Lucifer Sam Vegetable Man

I naturally want to say 10 years old, but when I really think about, I was actually pretty miserable then. I can't recall having that childhood carefree attitude... which sucks. And I know why that is. I've always been too worried and impatient to get into that state of mind.

But really, right now is where I want to be. While certain things about the present are pretty awful, there are some pretty exciting things going on and surely more to follow. At least I can be happy about where I am now.

10. Death

Death Grim Reaper Lifetime Supporter

every stage in my life has its pros and cons.

id have to say that hitting puberty was the most interesting part though.

11. Raskalization

Raskalization Making plans for Nigel

Good question Hari...I think it's important to realise that we weren't designed to be happy all the time. I'd have to say 14 yrs old... I have memories of skating all day, though in reality it was perhaps 3 hours a day....no. I'm sure i skated all day with no worries, and the summers lasted for years.

12. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

I miss just about every stage of my life including this one.

13. TheGanjaKing

TheGanjaKing Newbie

The pre-pussy days.

14. jonnydisaster5

jonnydisaster5 Member

19 in love no pig on every corner no bush. the early 90s. lotsa squats smokes aint 5 bucks there 160.a case of beer is 6 or 7 bucks not 20. 10 years ago everything cost half or less. the worlds gone to shit in 10 years.no reality tv.you could get drunk on the sidewalk n say hey you wanna fuck? and youd get laid. now id be arrested.10 years you buttfuckers tryin to run my world.