What stage of your life you miss the most?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Hari, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

What period of your life, wether it was 1 year or less or more that you knew you were happier than now?

2. dilligaf

dilligaf Banned

there are plenty stages of life that i would say i was happier than now,, however it isnt something i sit n wallow in since those same circumstances and thought patterns i had then will never be replicated again in order to have that same experience

3. stinkfoot

stinkfoot truth

^^^ What she said.

I was happier when I was younger because I hadn't yet perfected the fine art of being miserable. At this stage I'm working at disengaging emotions and expectations from my thought process in dealing with situations that I have no control. De-programming myself is extremely difficult but will be worthwhile ultimately when I consider that in one way or another all my past unhappiness can be traced back to me.

4. hippychickmommy

hippychickmommy Sugar and Spice

I was happier when I was oblivious to the passing of time, and how quickly it all goes.

5. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I want to be four years old. :D

6. Bella Désordre

Bella Désordre Charmed

I love life right now. It's tough because I am not exactly where I thought I would be, but it's great because I've learned to live life without founded expectations. It's scary picking my own future now and having so much opportunity, but it's also great...like damn I could work anywhere, in any city doing almost anything in my field that I want. And relationships are nice too because I am at the point where I am finally ready to settle down so it's not just having a good time anymore. It's about seeking quality people who are fun as hell at the same time.
    I think the next five years are going to be wonderful for me.

7. mariecstasy

mariecstasy Enchanted

I am very happy now...but I sure do miss the days of constant partying and no responsibility....though I am glad of where I am at now evolutionary...I sure do love them party days without kids though;)

8. LuckyStripe

LuckyStripe Mundane.

I am also happy with the stage of my life that is now. :D Being a kid again though would be nice.

9. ItzJessI3itch

ItzJessI3itch Banned

I miss when I was in high school and going to the skate rink... not having any responsibilities. I just wish I was as wise about things back then as I am now.

10. kitty fabulous

kitty fabulous smoked tofu

when i am focusing on unhappiness, i'd say the stage of my life i'm missing most is this one, the present moment.

it's not like we get another now.

11. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

2years ago when i was super fit and sexy and getting all the girls i wanted. untill college and drinking came around loll.. oh well

12. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Hard to say, Since I see that all past events and situations had their particular place, and were I to be stuck in any stage of the past, it would drain me anD bore me to death,..

I've had such wonderful situations in the past that are not accessible to me now, nor are they possible again, yet all things must pass away in order for the new and the present to manifest itself in another necessary adventure, as it were.

13. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

When I first learned how to masturbate. Boy that was an exciting week.

14. The_Walrus

The_Walrus Sgt. Pepper

I miss being twelve years old. Those were some good times.

15. neponiatka

neponiatka Senior Member

i miss my childhood but enjoy this very moment at the same time

16. Weaveworld

Weaveworld wayward

For the first time in a long time, I want to see how things transpiring right now are going to play out. :)

I think I was happiest though when I was out picking wild strawberries, or playing in the forest as a child.

17. old tiger

old tiger Senior Member

Well...I certainly miss my travelling days..1969-1976..
    and believe it or not..sometimes..I miss..
    the dust and dirt from the coalmine..
    where I worked underground for 20 years..
    in a coalmine..everybody was black...ahah:)
    the comradeship..was excellent..just believe me..
    crazy Tiger..

[​IMG]

18. Miss_Beatle

Miss_Beatle Beatlemaniac

I miss being in 8th grade. Which would of made me, what, 13 I suppose. Yea, 13. Man those were the good days.

19. praying4peace

praying4peace Member

i am utterly happy with my life right now. and just yesterday i decided that there is nothing in my life i would change because otherwise i wouldnt be where i am today. i mean its only a strike of luck that i got to meet hippies from america. they completely changed my view of life and helped me decide who i am today. im so happy right now!
    although if i had to... id change the way i was at school before last year. i made a few too many mistakes.
    anyways.. your the dude that always comes up with reeealy good questions for forum. you rock!
    peacexxx

20. Hari

Hari Art thou Art

Thanks...I do post them as they come...
    This song just poped in my head.

--------------------------
    There are places I remember, all my life
    though some have changed,
    some for ever not for better.

Some have gone and some remain.
    All these places had their moments
    with lovers and friends, I still can recall,