what science is teaching us

Discussion in 'Pets and Animals' started by slappysquirrel, Jun 24, 2013.

1. slappysquirrel

slappysquirrel Senior Member

2. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

I haven't read the link yet, but I had to mention this.

Today I was climbing up an enclosed exterior stairwell at a hospital and stopped on the third floor to rest for a second.

I leaned on the rail and looked down over the edge between the stairs and the wall

There was a spider in it's web there below me. I lol'd and thought to myself what dumb place to build a web, dumb ass spider is gonna starve for sure.

Then I looked harder and saw all the eaten bugs husks in the web. Then I noticed that the web went from the wall to a flourescent light fixture under the stairs below me.

Brilliant.

3. guerillabedlam

guerillabedlam _|=|-|=|_

I think It's clear that most animals exhibit a degree of consciousness but the irony in all this is there is only one species on the planet that can conduct these scientific tests and publish the information.

4. Justin_Hale

Justin_Hale ( •_•)⌐■-■ ...(⌐■_■)

^Yep. Wasn't no accident. That spider must have seen bugs flying around that light and decided it was a good place to build it's trap.

Was it evolution? Did it's Momma teach it to do that?

I used to think that spiders just made a web wherever they could and hoped for the best, but my little homey did his footwork for the best location possible to get food, and built a home there.

5. falconer

falconer Member

What's next? Are they going to tell us that most plants are green? lol