What Religion Are You?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by jamieHsmith, Nov 15, 2011.

1. in the woods

in the woods Member

no religion that most people dont under stand im wicken and ten to keep in the closet because of peoples bull shit

2. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Zen Buddhist.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  3. endlessdistanthills

endlessdistanthills Members

I sit somewhere on the atheist/agnostic spectrum. However, If I had to pick a religion, I guess I relate to secular Buddhism more than anything...at the moment.

But only if I really HAD to pick.

Ex-catholic, btw.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  4. Vladimir Illich

Vladimir Illich Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

The church of Wine, Woman & Song !!!

5. Time Out of Mind

Time Out of Mind Members

Ex catholic here.

I don’t identify with any religion these days.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Pagan FAITH = more than a Religion

mysticblu21 likes this.
  7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Surely, since we all believe that their is only one god, we must all just have different ways of accepting him (or her)

I remember discussing this with a Muslim friend and he agreed that God and Allah are not busy building bombs to throw at each other.
    Trust me to make even Muslins laugh about a serious subject. Just a pity that the whole world does not do the same. :):):)

8. Calmerchameleon

Calmerchameleon Members

I was brought up Christian and quite few of my relatives are Buddhist but I have never been religious. For me, religion is ultimately to indoctrinate and control and has too many holes and flaws for me to embrace it. I'm more a facts and figures guy and science poses a question and presents an answer. Religion poses questions that they cannot answer and requires you to hope, trust and believe.

mysticblu21 likes this.
  9. LydaG

LydaG Members

Hindu - Iyengar Brahmin Vaishnavite to be precise

mysticblu21 likes this.
  10. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

I don't identify as part of any religion.

11. NubbinsUp

NubbinsUp Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I'm not a religion, and I doubt that any one else here is either. Odd question.

A person may be a religious figure, a leader, a follower, a member, or even claim to be a deity. However, a religion a person cannot be.

TheDebator and (deleted member) like this.
  12. lostinitall

lostinitall Members

technically i'm Roman Catholic.... but over the years i've taken to my own form of religion n beliefs.. i went to catholic school K-6 n did all the Church things that catholics do communion,confession,baptism, blah blah blah... my family belongs to the church down the road forever n they go to church send donations n all that jazz.. my grandparents belonged to it too.
    when they got older they had some medical issue's n couldn't always go.. but my grandma would mail in the weekly donation n any other garbage they asked for...then my grandfather died n we did the whole big funeral through the church,then a few years later my great uncle died, n again big funeral thru the Church..( about $5000.00 a pop) and still whoever was around kept up the weekly donations too... i moved in with my grandma cause she was alone n couldn't drive.. we had a blast started taking her to Hard Rock n Gambling Boats n whatever else i could think of.. she was my best friend.
    I'd get off work around 3-4-5 AM from the bar n she would be awake making me dinner or breakfast.(amazing lady) Well eventually life shits on me as always n she died... heartbroken, devastated,.. we did the Big Church funeral n all that... a month or so after she passed i started getting letters to the house from the church.. Hey you haven't donated in awhile feel free to mail in a check. Or there are those less fortunate than you please donate what you can. These letters where addressed to my Grandmother... Well i lost my shit.. blew a fukin gasket... how dare these scumbags ask for money sooo nice that they even recognize the 3 people we just buried over the past 2 years... after all the money we've donated n the money spent on funerals...they got some ballz.... Soooo i am now of my own religion n faith because i will never trust any form of organized religion anywhere.... oh n i sent letter back in the donation envelope telling each n every one of those bastards to go to hell

13. soulcompromise

soulcompromise Member HipForums Supporter

^ wow.

So, something organized, large, powerful, and evolved over thousands of years is "a crutch" to @Sexwise.

I think it's your priorities, but I'm not one to judge.

Sometimes when we prioritize things, for example 'Sex' before, say, self-actualization or transcendence, human kindness, or brotherhood, we find religion less plateable.

I'm no exception. For years I thought about the origins of religion and how it's all the design of some leading group of minds from eons ago in the stone age.

Today, I can embrace religion as a cornerstone of culture; vibrant, expressive, and whimsical. :)

Do you think the message of religion should be spoken? ;)

14. TheDebator

TheDebator Members

I tell most people I am atheist, though I have my own religion: Hogwartianity, worshipping Harry Potter and other deities.

15. Escierto

Escierto Members

I used to be Catholic. Catholic school, altar boy the whole schtick. After Trump got elected in 2016 with Catholic votes, I said fuck you to Catholicism forever. They can fucking suck my cock!

TheDebator likes this.
  16. Nakednudist

Nakednudist Members

I'm a Satanist.

17. shanks59

shanks59 Banned

No religion,. How can anyone believe in the concept of Man Made organized religion, it's designed to brainwash and control the human mind and to devide Humanity, it creates so much hate and intolerance in the world, it's the most poisonous aspect of human life.

18. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

Go Pagan ! - "That's the way" ... (and elementary - as a famous Baker street detective might say)