What Religion Are You?

Discussion in 'The Hip Polls' started by jamieHsmith, Nov 15, 2011.

1. crackerboxpalace

crackerboxpalace Member

I did some googling. At the 2001 census there were 266,740 (292,000 Est. 2010) Jews in the UK or .5% of the population. 6th on the list of religions. This means Britain has the 2nd largest Jewish population in Europe, 5th overall. The figure has declined from 500,000 at World War One, probably to the no religion category.

2. CrabbyPaws

CrabbyPaws Member

I have my own faith.

3. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

4. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

I do not follow a particular religion but i am interested in catholicism, buddhism, hinduism and polytheism. i like reading about them

5. Treath

Treath Member

I'm an Atheist.

6. WOLF ANGEL

WOLF ANGEL Senior Member - A Fool on the Hill Lifetime Supporter

I like that statement :)

I don't class me as belonging to a 'Religion', for I believe that the path I follow, that of Paganism, is more of a 'Faith'.
    Having conviction of conscience is key to one's credo
    MeThinks

7. wisp

wisp Member

pagan

8. peaceman1985

peaceman1985 Member

Christian

9. Jedite83

Jedite83 Van Dweller

10. ChinaCatSunflower67

ChinaCatSunflower67 Member

Well though you did not include it I am "Hindu", or I practice hinduism faith anyhow.

11. Grits Mom

Grits Mom Member

I am 100% Catholic. :)

sherman march likes this.
  12. Rutz

Rutz The Farming Communist

Muslim but at this point a very bad Muslim...

13. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

I consider myself to be a spiritual person but I do not follow any organized religion. I grew up Catholic.

14. jaredfelix

jaredfelix Namaste ॐ

spiritual not religious ;p

15. niska

niska Guest

no idea. i was never religious. but, if i had to choose i would choose Buddhism or Christianity as directed by new testimony, without any evangelie. let me clarify. Buddhism. ok, this is going to sound off but, it is my opinion that communism is a great idea. but it is only a Utopia. i know. i am from Yugoslavia and although it was not harsh or extremely repressive living in Yugoslavia, the idea did not work out because the idea of communism does not take into account the human nature. i can still appreciate the idea. the basic problem with communism is the following: communism states that everybody should get how much he needs and everybody should contribute as much as he can. now, the development is usually very slow in communism, the reason being that the system does not provide incentives for individuals who could cause jumps in progress. for example, let us say you are a very smart and capable, whereas i am an average person. no matter how much more you provide to the society you get appreciated and paid the same as i do.of course this kind of appreciation/wage scheme does not motivate you, so you are better of preforming as an average person does and getting the same appreciation/wage. i think this is also the reason that most of the beneficial inventions do not come from communist countries although they have lots of good scientists.

second problem with communism is shared ownership in large communities. shared ownership in a small communities works well, but it crushes in large communities. the reason, i believe, is the following. For the companies to evolve and produce more stuff for us without us having to work more, they need investment. in small communities we all agree we can spare some part of the profit in order to invest and develop our business. when company grows suddenly we feel like if the company doesn't pay out the whole profit (which it incidentally uses for investment) we feel like it is withholding our well deserved money. so in big companies with no owners the directors usually pay out the whole profit and do not invest much, since they do not have any incentive to do otherwise (invest), the owners, that would incentivize them to invest. at least this is what happened with companies in our country and i believe this is how it was also in russia, cuba, etc..

to get to the point. the above i stated two reasons why, i believe, communism doesn't work out in practice. they are both related. people do not want to wrok up to their full potential, because they are not rewarded fully and companies under invest because people prefer to see getting paid the most and not stacking some of the money for the future. now, if we were all Buddhists we would not have such problems. people would not be incentivized by how much they get for their money but would forgo their earthly cravings and just be good, this means that the ones more creative than us would still exert full effort without being paid in fully, and people would not strive to getting paid their full wages, but would leave some money for investment, since they would be less materialistic.

as for christianity, well the jesus, as described in the new test., was pure heart. don't get me wrong. i dislike curch, was never baptised, believe that the bible is full of logicla holes, ... but as far as i read the new testimony, well jesus was a faking kind guy. :)

16. jimmyjoe1

jimmyjoe1 toker Lifetime Supporter

same:2thumbsup:

17. Stefie94

Stefie94 Guest

Christian

18. Shawnna

Shawnna Member

agnostic

19. PEACEFUL LIBRA

PEACEFUL LIBRA DAMN RIGHT I'M A WEIRDO

20. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

Thank you for being honest... I find agnostics and athiests to be VERY STABLE PEOPLE,open minded about anything! (Maybe its cause they arent limiting thier thinking to 1 way of thinking i dunno)