What really happening in Syria?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by StpLSD25, Sep 13, 2013.

1. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

The government is telling us we're trying the "diplomacy route," But i have my doubts that is even an option when I find videos like this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWysGiwvih4"]SYRIA: Saudi Prince Bandar Behind Chemical Attacks - YouTube

And articles like this

http://rt.com/usa/us-weapons-syrian-rebels-745/

We're already involved in Syria, so obvioiusly the Elites are bypassing the people and congress, and supporting extremist groups anyway.

The government is itching for this war. People who sympathize with government, tell us we shouldn't be afraid of anyone; It's not about fear, it's about respect. We have the biggest and strongest military, but we don't need to start WWIII to prove it. The government will follow into this war, if they want it. I think it's more than just about Syria.

It's about Iran, and the bigger fight for power. The government has nothing left but brute force, and they'll do whatever it takes to keep power in the world.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/11/vladimir-putin-us-intervention_n_3910410.html?ir=Politics

2. Sig

Sig Senior Member

I don't sympathize with the government at all, yet I don't think we should be afraid of anyone out there, and I don't think we would start WWIII if we did end up attacking Syria. It isn't like Iran or Russia would really do anything to stop us or retaliate.

3. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I wasn't talking about you specifically. I'm talking about people I spoke with who actually supported a Syrian war, I was stating my difference in opinion on those issues. I do think it would push retaliation though. The reason why, is Syria is in Russias backyard, they'd be like Russian troops occupying Mexico, which America would never allow. As I said, Iran has vowed the destruction of Israel, if Syria is attacked. Around the world people are sick of our interventionalist policies, and it's coming back to bite us.

4. Sig

Sig Senior Member

In Russia's backyard? They don't even share a border and Syria isn't in Russia's backyard any more than Iraq or Afghanistan are, and they didn't do anything to stop us invading those countries. You Mexico analogy is just foolish considering the geography of the region.

Iran as threatened the destruction of Israel? You mean they threatened it again, right? Seriously, they threaten the destruction of Israel a few times a year. Russia and Iran are not stupid enough to retaliate over an American attack on Syria, even if they could realistically retaliate, which they can't. Their threats are hollow ones.

5. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I don't think they'd be retaliating just over Syria, it's more about America's constantly meddling in that region. Also, it's comments like this that make me think you see America as "the best" so much so, that you claim no one can/would retaliate against us. Iran can destroy all 65 bases in that region, and make critical strikes on Israel and the US couldn't do shit. Also, we are targeting Syria to target Iran. I pointed out elsewhere they have a defensive pact. When the US couldn't rally up support against Iran, they just manipulated info against Assad. Plus, it's not about retaliation, but morality. The government mad because Assad allegedly "gassed children," meanwhile we kill children everyday with our bombs and drones.

Our government is worse than any "dictator" they claim to protect us from.

6. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Actually a lot of policy experts agree with Stp's assertion that Russia doesn't want anymore upset in the balance of power in that region either because it's still in the general area of Russia's backyard.

Sure, it's not literally sharing a boarder, like Mexico does with the USA, but it's close enough to have an economic impact and a social-balance impact given that Russia's criminal underworld and terrorists would have something to gain from a further upset in Syria.

(Now from this line on downward is where I probably diverge with Stp's claims, but I won't discount it either, I just don't trust youtube sources unless I know who the poster is of videos that are spliced together with narrative superimposed, with the exception of raw footage with none of that)

This heavily explains why Russia has been trying to get Obama to NOT issue a strike and try to settle this as diplomatically as possible, but also get those Chemical weapons under control because Russia doesn't what those weapons floating around the criminal underground either.

7. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

It says on the bottom left AMTV (Alternative Media Television.)

But, you're right. Russia gets most oil from Syria, so that'd be like Russia attacking Saudi Arabia (Pardon my last analogy.)

8. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Whomever invents technology that allows all the nations to get away from fossil fuels, will be a hero to mankind.

9. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

The technology has been around as long as the combustion engine, its the people with power who prevent it from happening.

The first combustion engines produced ran on peanut oil. The man who invented it mysteriously disappeared, then a short time later the petroleum industry introduced their version.

Big oil, with the help of the government, is preventing anything else from becomng mainstream.

10. Deranged

Deranged Senor Member

Both sides are commiting war crimes. We should stay out of it and let the jackasses kill each other.

11. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Well I know there's ethanol, and I know various vegetable oils can work as a fuel source for car transportation.

However, I'm torn because if society becomes dependent on food sources for transportation fuel, that'll drive up demand for that food source won't it?

What other sources do you know of?

I've casually heard about things like:

1. Orgone (no idea what this is I think it's science fiction)

2. Zero-Point Energy

All of which I thought we were at the cusp of cool, and only big oil + government was holding back, but I did some light research reading and found out that there are other reasons why we haven't developed these technologies yet.

For instance the scientific community JUST found the Higgs Boson, Zero-Point Energy still kinda rides on all things quantum here, and we still haven't bridged the gap between general relativity and quantum mechanics.

12. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

Me, when I learned about Quantum Pysics and the "M Theory"=

:computer: Then...

:hide:Then...

:willy_nilly:

13. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Haha, well you got to have strong stomach for the kinda mind boggling stuff of math and physics...

14. Sig

Sig Senior Member

How could they "destroy all 65 bases"? What sorts of "critical strikes" could they launch on Israel? With what? What do you really know about their military capability? The iranian military is third rate, Stp, and largely a joke. It couldn't possibly hope to come out on top against the military of the United States.

I don't think Iran would retaliate because I don't think they are that stupid. There is no way they would win such a conflict. I know they have a defensive pact with Syria, but there is no way they wouod fight a war they can't win for an ally they know they can't save.

15. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Hemp.

When hemp was legalized during WW2 (just a few years after it was banned), Henry Ford built a car that ran on Hemp oil, and was almost completely made of compressed natural fibers.....the only steel on the car was its frame. That's where he saw the future of automobiles. Sadly when the war was over hemp was again banned, and the Ford Hemp Car was covered up.

Also, we're making ethonal from corn right? But we're doing it in a very inneffecient manner. We're using the corn itself, and letting the stalks rot in the field. The stalks could be used to make ethonal much more efficiently than using the corn itself. We could harvest the corn for food and harvest the stalks for fuel...but that would just make too much sense.

The government likes to make it look like they are pushing for green energy, all the while giving subsidies to big oil, and making sure that the infastructure for fueling automobiles doesn't change, keeping green energy from gaining traction.

16. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

If everyone in the country would actually be jackasses that would be easy and a righteous stance. Now that we are aware how much innocent civilians lifes are ruined it doesn't seem such a righteous stance to me to not do anything at all.

17. monkjr

monkjr Senior Member

Still you run into the issue of depleting the soil on which the corn or w/e plant type fuel energy would be grown on.

Hemp would be interesting, I need to do more research on that one, as I admit i don't know much about the Hemp car.

18. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I respectfully disagree; The government is supporting Rebels in Syria who behead kids and keep their bodies as trophies. We're the Biggest terrorists in the world, killing citizens at home and abroad in the name of the ALLEGED "Greater good."

If troops defended Freedom and the Constitution, they'd attack the government.

19. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

It was just my opinion. The international community can still do something. I'm not for America's military to participate if that is what you think (I didn't say anything like that though). By the way, even if I would think America should throw bombs it would also still be my opinion.

20. StpLSD25

StpLSD25 Senior Member

I know. Sorry if I was a bit of a dick. It is your opinion, and you're entitled to it. But seeing the videos/images of little 8 year old girls beheaded by savages America is sending money to, I couldn't take it dude! I was ready to go to Syria and fight the rebels myself! it's so messed up and wrong, I had to double up on my sleep meds last night, cause It bothered me that bad..

WARNING- Gruesome and disgusting images

http://banoosh.com/blog/2013/09/13/...an-man-beheaded-by-obama-backed-jihad-rebels/

http://www.alipac.us/f9/%5Bvideo%5D...cut-girl-beheaded-obama-mccain-allies-287568/