What Puts YOU in a Meditative State?

Discussion in 'Yoga and Meditation' started by monkeywisdom, Jan 7, 2014.

1. GLENGLEN

GLENGLEN Banned

FIXED......[​IMG]

Cheers Glen.

1 person likes this.
  2. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

^^ Ha ha, i would add hiking alone, and deep breathing.

3. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

The beach does it for me.

4. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Stargazing alone in the middle of nowhere.

1 person likes this.
  5. mizzymorrison

mizzymorrison Sage

Smoking a pipe. And in this instance I mean a tobacco pipe. Very relaxing and quiets the mind.

6. Banned Drama Queen

Banned Drama Queen Idiot

Whenever I have free time I like to do yoga... preferably outside but haven't gotten to recently.

7. mr_sammystrong

mr_sammystrong Members

Listening to running water really puts me in a meditative state. All my life I have taken very long showers. I can stand there and think for so long. Baths or hot tubs aren't the same for me, it has to be running water

8. jaxi

jaxi Members

Drawing or painting really put you in an meditative state. You can either set your mind free and just draw whatever your imagination comes up with. Or observe something from reality and see it from all angles. In it's true essence

Total Darkness likes this.
  9. ibiza

ibiza Visitor

-concentrating on the breath and bodily sensations.
    -mantra (om mani padme hum; etc....
    -concentrating on the inner light and sound

10. Total Darkness

Total Darkness 100% Cocoa

11. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

While meditation helps with stress, I find that I can slip into a meditative state quicker if things in all areas of my life are going well.

12. pattymary

pattymary Member

Quartz crystals, bouddha position, and being aware of my thoughts and my breath..

13. Allexxey

Allexxey Members

First and foremost you must slow down in whatever you are doing. Don't hard think either. It's the starting point

~Zen~ likes this.
  14. DrRainbow

DrRainbow Ambassador of Love

15. Pete's Draggin'

Pete's Draggin' Visitor

Long hot shower, at night in the dark, with aroma soap n shampoo.

DrRainbow likes this.
  16. IAWIA94

IAWIA94 Newbie

For me nature is really helpful. The warm sun. Sitting in nature, the sound of water and bird song, i also like incence sometimes. And the right breathing exercises to help me to relax. I like to let go and create distance between me , my mind and my body. Focus on my breathing or the world around me in general and just drift off. I also like chanting

~Zen~ likes this.
  17. Piobaire

Piobaire Village Idiot

Zazen.
    Tai Chi.

To some extent, ritual. The experience, repeated hundreds of times with intention and focused awareness, of donning robes, the bows, the 'Verse of the Keisu', the smell of the incense and sound of the inkin bell; they all speak to both my conscious and unconscious mind and pave the way for sitting.

18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

It is taught by sages and saints that meditation creates positive energies and vibes that heals all that it comes in contact with and changes things for the better.

'It does not matter how long you are spending on the earth, how much money you have gathered or how much attention you have received. It is the amount of positive vibration you have radiated in life that matters.' ― Amit Ray

'I am a believer of butterfly effect. A small positive vibration can change the entire cosmos.' — Amit Ray

The quality of the positive energies and vibes emitted corresponds to the quality of meditation. Being next to enlightened sages and saints, I have clearly and tangibly felt higher positive energies and vibrations emitted, along with experiencing feelings of peace and bliss.

This has motivated me a lot in going deeper into meditation and being in a meditative state.

Last edited: Feb 26, 2021
  19. Totally Yoda

Totally Yoda Members

What I like to do is when I want to is that I smoke for an hour or 2. Put some music on, shit the lights off, lay down, blind myself and closed my eyes. Breath calmly. Then I let my mind wonder until I get into my deep conscious. Then it's all good from there.