What movement in art are you?

Discussion in 'U.K.' started by Dandelion_Blood, Jan 8, 2005.

1. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

Okay i'd like people to be inventive and adventurious and i have banning anyone from saying they'd describe themselves as abstract art, because thats a cop out and i think most people would choose that one.

Could you be, Fauvist :do you concider yourself to be a wild beast, spontaneous and bold? Or would you consider yourself to be impressionist piece of art? Natural, visual and find it important to understand the impressions you make on others, do you change drastically depending on the situation you are in moodwise? Or perhapes even your, pointislism - a bit dotty, pure of heart, and diversive? Theres just so many to choose from, have a look on this website - http://www.cftech.com/BrainBank/OTHERREFERENCE/THEARTS/ArtMvmtsandPeriods.html -and see which movements sound most like you then post it up here and tell us why it suits you most!

I think i'd probably be a mix between expressionism, because like expressionism i think i attempt to convey and communicate the emotions i am feeling. Emotion is a very important part of my life and i live by it, sometimes to my peril - not always so good to listen to you heart and not your head. The other art movement i'd like to think i was was, surrealism because i like to explore all parts of my mind and i want to be able to understand it better. Dreams and such, also i think the art i do is quite spontaneous or atleast they aren't planned before hand and just come from my subconious onto the page.

2. Kilgore Trout

Kilgore Trout Senior Member

I am 100% surrealist

3. Dandelion_Blood

Dandelion_Blood Gremlin

Why'd you say that?

4. Mistress_Sassafras

Mistress_Sassafras Member

Good topic.

I guess I would have to say that I'm a hybrid of:
    Abstract Expressionism, Fauvism- I have a spontaneous nature, am a bit of a free spirit and not affraid to express myself with 'bold colours'.

Dadaism-The whole rejection of accepted asthetics. I tend to see beauty where most others don't(this could also be Conceptual art).

Surrealism-I'm highly fascinated and driven by dreams and the unconscious, whether it be in my works or life in general.

That's the best I could come up with.

5. NEMISIS

NEMISIS GONE

Minimalism.

6. Alomiakoda

Alomiakoda Boniface McSporran

Hmm...

A bit of Fauvism and a bit of Abstract Impressionism :D

7. x1x1x1

x1x1x1 Member

I dont like to pidgeonhole myself in any boxes and will look at any type of art. Dada makes me laugh. I didnt even know anything like this existed until I started getting these werid drug visuals and described them to a mate. They were images of nonsense objects that looked like they had been constructed. When I told this to my artist mate he introduced me to Dada. Anything that takes my eye. Gustav Dore does beautiful work William DeKooning stuffs cool also.
    Below is one of my pieces, it is pure automatism although the image has been blown up as it was only about an inch square. Best viewed at full screen when stoned cos stuff happens!
    [​IMG]

8. mart_182

mart_182 Member

lmao because he's a teapot

9. Koolaid

Koolaid Member

I would have to be pop art....Thought provoking at times, and kind of a new idea but at the end of the day is having a bit of a laugh and as much fun as possible with everyone.....

Am still waiting for my 15 mins though :D