What medication are you on?

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by Gone and forgotten, Feb 27, 2019.

1. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

That's the one.

2. Driftrue

Driftrue Banned

I relate to this too. And I agree that people should do what's right for them, and don't particularly judge anyone for taking various medications.. Like Asmo said, if I needed them, I'd take them.

But I do think there are people ending up on meds who don't need to be, simply by it being normalized, or (especially in younger people) to validate difficulties they struggle with. It's money making for a massive industry. It's in their interests, not ours, to make being unmedicated the minority group. I don't like that.

Wizardofodd likes this.
  3. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Well yeah there's that, and also the medicine industry revolves around a lot of money, and all the doctors are in on it and have each others hands in each other's pockets so they'll prescribe anything.

4. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

Our modern diet and food distribution often leaves our body low in ascorbic acid, (vitamin C)
    At times when you are not eating plenty of raw local fruit and vegetables, 100mg vitamin C including 15mg Zinc to help absorption is never a bad idea. Vitamin C is not stored in the body, so just take a couple a week as and when required. Also don't wast money on fancy branded products full of orange flavoring, glucose and coloring, it makes absolutely no difference to their medical value.
    Also, when you feel the first onset of a cold, 500mg tablets for a few days greatly helps your immune system fight the virus naturally. It is far better than waiting for swelling and the resultant high temperature and then dosing yourself with Paracetamol or Ibuprofen products.
    I strongly support your concept of avoiding other routine medication.

5. wilsjane

You should try taking Glucosamine and cod liver oil a few times a week,? They help a great deal with joint lubrication and prevent (rather than cure) inflammation of the joints.
    In this cold damp country, both Jane and I saw the first signs of arthritis that is hereditary in both our families and it seems to have kept it at bay.
    Regards, Wills,

GLENGLEN likes this.
  6. wilsjane

At our age, a small dose of Aspirin is never a bad idea. It works as an anticoagulant and helps prevent TIA conditions in the brain that can lead to a stroke.
    The only thing to remember is that any anticoagulant will work against you in event of an aortic or other arterial aneurysm.
    If you have any concerns, it is worth discussing them with a doctor who has a good knowledge of your vascular cardiology.

7. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

I’ve been lucky so far I’m not on any type of medication nor have I ever been medicated, but just like the certainty of death and taxes,
    the pharmaceutical companies will eventually get paid