what makes you think someone could be gay?

Discussion in 'Lesbian, Gay, Bi, Trans, etc.' started by psyche, May 20, 2004.

1. LOSTBOY7

LOSTBOY7 Member

most of my frends and my wife dont know that i am bi i am in to x sport's like bmx.ska8tbording.surfing.moto x. so you my not see my gay side but it is ther

2. SkeeterVT

SkeeterVT Member

Oh, boy if that's your way of telling who's gay and who's straight, then I've got a newsflash for you. . .You've been watching too many episodes of "Queer Eye for the Straight Guy" and your "gaydar" is going to get fooled a lot. . . especially with older gay men (and when I say 'older," I mean guys over 40).

I don't register a blip on anybody's gaydar when I'm not at a specifically gay event, like Pride Day, or in a gay bar. Why? Because I don't fit the popular perception of what a gay guy looks like. For one thing, I'm not white. For another, I wear my hair in shoulder-length dreadlocks. For still another, I'm neither overtly butch nor overtly fem. And for the capper: I'm bisexual.

So if you were to meet me on the street, your "gaydar" would fail miserably. I shut mine off a long time ago.

-- Skeeter

3. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

4. LogsOnSticks

LogsOnSticks Member

Gaydar for me is confusing. I know it's there and it's functioning, but I tend to second-guess my observations, assuming they're pointed out towards another reason.

For example, I've noticed that when my gaydar plots that a guy is gay, it's usually someone who I find to be very attractive and interested in. Therefore, my gaydar could only be a way for me satisfy my wishes.

Then again, I have been right on several people, even if it's on TV. And no, it's not just pointing out the stereotypical guy guys who stick out like a sore thumb. So who knows...

And then, I still have current suspicions on some people...Probably just wishful thinking on my part.

5. SpliffVortex

SpliffVortex Senior Member

Be carefull theres millions of gay that wont give you the slightest clue that theyr are gay. they dont dress as gay, they dont talk like gays, they dont stereo type them self as gay. many of them are in the military/police/game hunters /extreme sports so be extra carefull if you plan to f,,,k with them.

6. Zypher

Zypher Member

TELL ME ABOUT THE "LOOK" lol i wanna know about this look in the eyes . I agree about the whole skater thing tho. I'm bi (leaning more towards the gay end of the scale tho) and i think i probably dress completely straight- a lil bit alternative sometimes but quite straight.

7. LOSTBOY7

LOSTBOY7 Member

hi skeeter
    I have come out as bi to a long standing gay frend that i have know for 15yers he told me that he all
    way's thot that i went both ways but kept it to him self. I ASK HOW AND WAY
    JUST TOLD SOME OF THE THINGS I DO AND THE THE WAY I HAVE BEEN
    WEN I HAVE BEEN ON THE GAY SEEN WITH HIM . BUT WILL NOTT TELL WOT
    THAY ARE HE JUST TOLD ME NOTT TO THINK ABOUT IT MUCH PEOPLE LIKE ME
    FOR WHO I AM

AND I THOT MY IMAGE WAS SO STR8T. BUT TO BE HONST I THINK I HAVE GAYDAR BECUS SOME TIME I GUY'S IN THE STREET THAT I DONT LIKE BUT I STILL THINK YOUR GAY.