what makes a good party

Discussion in 'Random Thoughts' started by katattack, Apr 6, 2007.

1. katattack

katattack Member

or gathering, rather.
    8 boys, 8 girls, at my house, 9pm-1am. im thinking of hiring jackass to watch (you dont have to concentrate and can come and go) and some good music when the film isnt on. its byo drinks, i'll provide snacks.

do i need to plan for anything else to happen? like entertainment wise. not sure, i just don't want it to be a dud!!

2. BraveSirRubin

BraveSirRubin Members

People like my parties.

I just invite all the hip cats in town in, fit a good 100 people in a small house, take everything out of the living room and make it into a dance floor with constant rock and 80s music playing, together with colourful lights and so.

Ofcourse, two 30 packs of Pabst in the fridge, and the people coming end up bringing at least another 10... then the other roofs are more of a chilling atmosphere, music, smoke, soft talking by a lamp, ya know... everyone can do their own thing.

3. Smelly Socks

Smelly Socks is probably lurking

What makes a good party to me, personally:

2-3 other people, music, alcohol, laughter.

I generally despise most big parties. I'm not a big fan of people.

4. NightRose

NightRose idiosynractic rose

a drink amonst good company. with music from willie nelson, the stones, tom waits, the john butler trio, dave hole, our own mix CD's
    Some of 'em having a "sesh" outside under my mums fairy lights. listening to our birds throwing laughing fits at the music.

5. themnax

themnax Senior Member

one or more interests in common. something to eat helps too. along with optionaly something to watch and or participate in, pertinent to that interest. a mix of genders and or ages may or may not help too, depending upon what the intrest in common happens to be.

improvised drumsets for everyone and free earplugs for the neighbors, or better yet, a place/space/shelter out of earshot as well as sight and mind of anyone not wishing to be a participant.

being surrounded by 20 to 200 acres of dense (and sound deadining forrest) might be a good plan. at least some nonjudgement empaired participants to prevent major accidents such as forrest fires, nuclear winter, or other potentialy disasterous outcomes.

=^^=
    .../\...

6. Kinky Ramona

Kinky Ramona Back by popular demand!

*points finger in the air* It's not a party if there aren't at least two pukers! That being said, the last party I was at was off the chain. Haha. Anyway, if you are going to have alcohol, prepare to have some rags available...and enforce the golden rule "You spew, you scrub."

If it's going to be an alcohol-free event like oh-so-many of my high school parties, then it's simple, just keep lots of stuff on hand for entertainment. If you don't own any cartoon box sets, rent some, that way you can have entertainment for those people (like me) who rarely can sit through a movie. Jackass is a good choice movie for that same crowd, since it follows no particular storyline. Encourage people to bring their own music, be it guitars, CDs, whatever. It's insane fun to have a jam session in a party.

That's pretty much all the advice I can throw your way, seeing as I've never done much "partying" or "gathering" either. haha

7. cerridwen

cerridwen in stitches

I'm the same way ~ I like keeping things as casual as possible.... I've never been a big-crowd sort of person.

8. LetLovinTakeHold

LetLovinTakeHold Cuz it will if you let it

Find someone who can "throw strings". The last house party I went to was pretty rad (though I woke up in the drunk tank)...they had all the lights off in the basement and passed out glow-sticks. Most people cut them open and threw the glow juice all over everything. Glow in the dark shit is allways fun. It all depends on what kind of party you're aiming for man...

9. wastingthedawn

wastingthedawn *~Pure Light~*

Tequila! It's like a party in a bottle!

...and good music of course. I'm a pretty big fan of having an area where some sort of jamming can take place.

10. seamonster66

seamonster66 discount dracula

people like cocaine and hard liquor

11. wastingthedawn

I agree, people do like that. That is why you should have butlers who carry around silver platters of blow and hundred dollar bills. It will make for a very interesting time. Not sure it would be an envronment I would enjoy, but the people will!

12. LetLovinTakeHold

If I ever get a butler, I'll have to pick up a cocaine habbit.

13. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

Um yeah bon fires anyone? Nothing like being drunk and watching the stupid drunk people play with the fire, all while staying toasty warm.
    Yep, they are essential to any good party.

14. indian~summer

indian~summer yo ho & a bottle of yum

alex i must say your answers here have made me realize why we get along so well :)

people make a party, doesn't matter about anything if the people are good
    booze and drugs do help........

15. wastingthedawn

I agree. good people=good time :)

(I also agree that bon fires= good times)

This has been nice guys...good brainstorming. Let's all have a party now.

16. Frieden

Frieden Senior Member

:party:

17. LetLovinTakeHold

Dude, if we were ever to have a "hipforums party" in real life......how fuckin rad would that be? There are soooo many people here that I would love to party with. There's just not good quality peps like that here in the sticks of kentucky.

18. katattack

katattack Member

yes the salt and lime is always a fun communal thing :H

Thanks to everyone for their ideas!

19. warmhandedcanadian

warmhandedcanadian shit storm chaser

beer, weed, good music, maybe a guitar or two....

20. texasmade3

texasmade3 Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

Lots of beer, beer bongs, BEER PONG, marijuana, someone outside on the deck grilling steaks.. music playing, titties.., drunk girls, bears roaming around the house eating people.., and i think im forgetting somthing..