what made you fall inlove?

Discussion in 'True Love' started by captainendoe24, Jun 2, 2013.

1. captainendoe24

captainendoe24 Guest

I'm looking for certain qualities, attributes, and non physical features that made your heart race thinking about the next time you were able to encounter them.
    for me it was : her compassion, integrity, passion, and confidence in herself.

2. RainyDayHype

RainyDayHype flower power Lifetime Supporter

wit, sense of adventure, and his way of stringing words together beautifully...

3. nz male

nz male Senior Member

First it was her looks then her personality & sense of humour.
    Then I had to wait till our wedding night before we had sex.

4. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Intelligence, strength, persistence, kindness

5. bird_migration

bird_migration ~

Spontaneous, adventurous, humorous, sweet.

6. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

It's just that she and I click. It's really easy to talk to each other, and I don't necessarily have to "try" anything to sound desirable when I'm talking to her. We seem to have the same kind of sense of humor too, which is always good. But if I were to say what made me fall in love with her, the answer would be the fact that I don't necessarily feel the need to actually list up the things I fell in love with her for. I mean, I can list up all the great things about her with ease, but those things alone won't quite explain why I'm in love with her. It goes beyond all that, and not in an intense and uncontrollable way but in a rather zen-like fashion, so to speak. Which is something new to me actually, lol. xD

1 person likes this.
  7. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

For my wife it was her oddness, she is unlike any other woman I have ever met and being the far side of weird myself I felt like for the first time in my life I had met a kindred spirit.

She is also highly intelligent and very well read for someone from her age group, very spiritual, random and funny. We can talk about almost anything or be comfortable just being near each other in silence.

When I first met her she had a boyfriend but they were not doing well because he was way more into video games than her & as much as it killed me to do so I honestly tried to help him be aware just how badly he was neglecting her simply because I wanted to see her happy.
    He however chose not to and eventually she broke up with him and soon after we got married. (I did make her wait a bit to have sex with me after they broke up to make sure she wasn't just confused and to allow her to fully disconnect from him emotionally.)

8. enhancer13

enhancer13 Senior Member

Her being the most true and sincere person I had ever meet was one of the many things that made me fall in love with her! No matter who she was around she was always herself 100%. Never put on a show to try and impress others. Never a flake or a fake. Smart, funny, confident and secure. God do I love this woman.

9. nz male

nz male Senior Member

My wife was the first real girl friend I had - the others I had before were just friends.

10. Glasshopper

Glasshopper Struggling for sanity

Perception, I like the way my love looks at the world. She sometimes shows me things in a brighter light.

11. Cherea

Cherea Senior Member

Well, I finally met an attractive girl who shares the initiative, pays her own bills, and gives me my space.

12. TexasGal

TexasGal Member

Nice kind thoughtful and caring... all of which he isnt anymore

13. newbie-one

newbie-one one with the newbiverse

:(

14. nz male

nz male Senior Member

Now often after 30 years of marriage & her & my sexual appetites differences in & my own kinky sexual desires , I sometimes wonder if I made a mistake in my choice.
    That's why I possibly often look at other woman who may have been a better match sexually for me - even if some are much younger now that I am attracted to.

15. Alternative_Thinker

Alternative_Thinker Darth Mysterious

This reminds me of something Monkjr and I discussed on a different thread a little while ago. He and I both agree that true/real love does NOT mean it has to be a once-in-a-lifetime thing, or that it does NOT mean it has to last forever. In some cases it does which is fantastic. But sometimes a couple seriously and deeply in love may experience an end of their relationship. Then, was that love untrue? No no, it may very well have been very true, real, and genuine. It only suggests that they weren't meant to be in the end. That in itself doesn't mean the love they shared wasn't real.

Also, those same two people may go on their separate ways after breaking up, and eventually meet new people to fall in love with again. No one has made a rule that says there must be only one person who is "the one" for you. Monkjr has pointed this out on another thread, and I fully agree with him on this. If love is there and it feels real, if it makes you feel like you could do great things for the other, if it feels natural, but amazing and otherworldly at the same time, then that IS love. And that can be experienced more than once in our lifetime.

That's what I think, anyway.

1 person likes this.
  16. Homie_B

Homie_B Member

when I met my wife, she was everything i had wanted. Her personality was bubbly, same interest in movies, music and what we wanted in a relationship. Physically, her body is sooooo nice.

17. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

The fact that we are both strange. We have similar tastes in movies and concepts that we've never seen in anyone else. From the first time we spoke on the phone, we had such fluid conversations. We always have things to say to each other, we never fail to make each other smile.

18. Her unconventionality, uniqueness and strong will. I wasn't expecting to fall in love, but more and more time spent together made it impossible not to.

19. Aranyani

Aranyani Members

when he smiles he lights up the entire room... and his eyes sparkle with such goodness and positive energy.. smart, funny, adventurous, grown up, lovely

20. Tyrsonswood

Tyrsonswood Senior Moment Lifetime Supporter

Insanity...

1 person likes this.