what little things are comforting to you?

Discussion in 'Fashion and Crafts' started by Deleted member 157313, Jun 28, 2009.

1. jpdonleavy

jpdonleavy Members

pirogies - the cry of the loon and the muscular, midnight mournwhistle of a 200-car greight going through

I see by your tagline that you're aware of the Akashic Records?

2. I'minmyunderwear

I'minmyunderwear Newbie

i'm always really busy this time of year, but it seems like this year stuff just keeps coming up on sundays, which would normally be my regular day off.

i'm salary, so the pay is exactly the same.

Asmodean likes this.
  3. tumbling.dice

tumbling.dice Visitor

Chili dogs (with shredded cheddar) and tater tots on cold nights. That's not a 'fashion and craft' though.

4. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

Every other Monday I go to visit my brother. I live in an apartment in a small city with all kinds of city noises such as emergency vehicles, loud people, loud cars with music blasting, train whistles....

After a 45 minute drive to my brother's, I drive down his long driveway flanked by trees and park in front of the house. When I get out of the car I am surrounded by nature beauty and nature sounds, nothing else. I take a deep breath of clean air and the stress of my life goes away for the day.

Although he owns several acres of land there is a portion of the back yard that is fenced in. The back of the house is basically wall to wall windows. I sit back and watch hundreds of birds come to the feeder, squirrels scampering around looking for the nuts they buried last fall, and if I am lucky some deer come by. I often see deer when I drive in and out of the driveway and sometimes they walk by outside the fenced in yard but yesterday, shortly before I left, one of the deer jumped into the yard and was eating acorns off the ground.

This is the kind of stuff that feeds my soul. For a short time I did not have a care in the world.

GLENGLEN and Meliai like this.
  5. la Principessa

la Principessa Old School HF Member

A cup of tea and a book on a cool night with the windows open. Going for drives and having long talks with my partner. Cuddling and having my hair stroked.

6. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

My favorite blanket
    A good book
    People who will listen
    A great make up find

7. Irminsul

Irminsul Valkyrie

Chilliwurst :D

8. Deidre

Deidre Follow thy heart

A frozen piece of chocolate that you find tucked away in your freezer