What kind...

Discussion in 'Art' started by crystalstarr, Jan 23, 2005.

1. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

of music ,if you do at all, listen to when creating?

My top album to put on when creating is Axis Bold as love Jimi Hendrix fav song off it is One Rainy wish..

2. alex714

alex714 To the Left

in the summer, when i was working on a painting, i liked listening to cuban music.

3. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

alex i would really like so see some of your stuff. is some in your gallery?

4. alex714

alex714 To the Left

aw, thanks
    ive just tried some paintings...i have major procrasentation problems, most of my paintings are unfinished :( its kinda funny...detail canvases, with big blank spots :D

i had a bunch of sketches, but i lost most when i was fixing my room up. ive got lots of ideas for paintings, but never go through with them. and im no where near talented, but still love drawing/painting.
    id love to get better but dont know how to :confused:

and you are very talented crystal!! i love all that you post!

5. crystalstarr

crystalstarr Word

i know the not finishing stuff..

man i hardly touched drawing/painting anything for 8 long years my creativity was sooo dead it just finally resparked back in dec. good luck on it!

and thanks!:)

6. alex714

alex714 To the Left

i know what you mean, mine dies every now and again. thats why i just stop...i put down the brush or pencil and think 'k, thats it...im not doing this anymore'

then again, sometimes i think i expect too much from myself....we cant all paint masterpieces right!

but cuban music...man, it definitely keeps the creativity coming! beautiful music.

7. Major Peacenik

Major Peacenik Member

Phish... it's so happy, my pencil flies :)

8. Naren

Naren Member

When I draw/paint, I usually listen to Sigur Ros...it's an extremely relaxing and dreamy music. But when I take photos, I need silence, and the only music I want to listen, is the click of the shutter.

9. weep

weep Senior Member

When I draw the girls and Manolao (I posted here), I listened to Jefferson Airplane (Volunteers album) all the time.
    I like to listen to Bob Marley while painting the windows, that´s great!! :)

10. Ellis

Ellis Member

hmmm...it all depends on my mood you know. But, mostly it's Portishead, Nick Drake, Led Zeppelin...Not 'hard' stuff. The easy, mellow, sometime even sad music.
    But when I put on some happy stuff it works for me too! :p

11. dedhead95

dedhead95 The Wizard of Rhythm

ravi shankar, when i'm into it