What Is Your Skincare Routine?

Discussion in 'Women's Forum' started by abarambling, Apr 3, 2016.

1. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

Breath of fresh air from Lush

1 person likes this.
  2. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Thanks boo!

3. fundoo

fundoo Members

speaking of Lush, I've been inhaling this "Respect your elders" sample all night! Kinda wish i got this instead of what I did get ()

but i can't exactly find it on the site!! i mean, i found it, but it's linked under "soap", however when I go to "soap", it's not listed....
    or am i blind??
    this is very possible!!

Anyway, um, routine is water. :D
    but nah, i have dry skin in fall/winter, so on goes Garnier moisture rescue gel after I wash.
    And i wash every 2 or 3 days with um...Clean n Clear's Cream Cleanser

actually, lately I've been known to use my "dreadlock shampoo" the Lush Seanick bar, on my face too.

----
    oh, that's only face.
    I use CeraVe moisturizing cream for the rest of my skin,
    wash with Dove moisturizing bar...
    except I wanted to try Lush, so I got the Sea Vegetable to try. (meh!)
    I want the Elders one now!!! :D (haha! and NOW I've found it on the soaps page. TOP ROW!!! :D )

4. Noserider

Noserider Goofy-Footed Member

Usually just a facial scrub with charcoal followed by something for my tone and glow.

I'll do full mask once in a while. If I'm tired and lazy, just bar soap and water.

For the rest of my body, after I shower, I just moisturize: sometimes aloe, sometimes shay butter, doesn't matter. I go head to toe including the bottoms of my feet.

On hot days I like to moisturize like it's going out of style and then sit naked in the air conditioning and let it absorb. Sounds odd but I find it invigorating.

I also used to use a bronzer in late spring/early summer until I naturally got some color. Now I live where the sun shines everyday, so it's no longer needed.

5. Dancing_Sun

Dancing_Sun Member

I use baking soda mixed with water every other day to wash and coconut oil with some essential oils to moisturize. in between days i just use cold water and pat dry.

6. Noserider

I used to use baking soda and lemon. It burned while using it, but it sure made me glow after I was done. Inexpensive too.

I should go back to it.

1 person likes this.
  7. Candybuttons

Candybuttons Sweet Member

I have extremely sensitive skin so I mostly use natural oils and essential oils on my skin like coconut oil, castor oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, shea butter, coco butter, olive oil and I make my own Vit C serum, and scrubs. Plain white sugar is a great body scrub, it makes your skin very soft!
    I use natural soap, Dr Bronners liquid castle soap is great for everything, including cleaning your floors.
    https://shop.drbronner.com

It's best to not put anything on your skin that you wouldn't put in your mouth.

8. Aerianne

Aerianne Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

I've been enjoying cleaning my face with fractionated coconut oil and baking soda.

9. abarambling

abarambling Banned

People, (Youtube)... always talk shit about using baking soda in any skincare. They act like it's something that will melt your skin off, but it's totally okay to use commercial skincare that has horrible ingredients. I don't understand the logic. Also, it's someone else's body, let them do whatever they want with it.

1 person likes this.
  10. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Eh apparently baking soda is good every now and then, but not like an everyday thing.
    Same with apple cider vinegar. Or AHAs and BHAs.

Anyways, when I mess less with my skin it looks pretty much perfect.
    Even some dermatologists say you don't need to use a moisturizer every single day.
    I mean people have night and day creams, serums and whatnot...when does the skin breathe??
    I do love me a good toner though.
    Aaaand, I still religiously use my Avene thermal spray. Love it.
    And I gave up foaming cleansers, too harsh.

11. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

morning-

a foam skin wash
    followed by moisturiser

evening-

foam wash
    followed by a collagen enhancing serum

weekly-

me and the better have use a face pack and blackhead strips.

12. The Imaginary Being

The Imaginary Being PAIN IN ASS Lifetime Supporter

13. abarambling

abarambling Banned

I mainly do the Cavemen's Regimen, which is basically a fancy name for doing nothing to your skin. So, if I were to use baking soda... it wouldn't be everyday, because by default I don't do stuff to my skin everyday. However, people on Youtube act like if you use baking soda once... your face will decay. Though, I personally think certain skin types can use it everyday, especially if you combine it with a moisturizing agent like a raw oil.

Honestly, because I am so lazy when it comes to hygiene... I probably would stick to the Cavemen's Regimen. But, I enjoy the concept of skincare. Actually, I enjoy the concept of beauty in general, but skincare in particular tickles my fancy. Some people (this includes men) on Youtube refer to it as a religion, doing their daily and nightly rituals. I don't think I would take it that far. But, I really, really am into it. I enjoy doing it, and I enjoy making my own. So, I gotta make shit and put that shit on my face, because it makes me happy.

14. abarambling

abarambling Banned

On another note, I keep hearing the term 'Essence' flowing around the beauty community. I'm pretty up to date when it comes to skincare, because I make my own. But, I am yet to know what this is and what it does. I don't even know when you would use it in a basic skincare routine of cleanser, toner, moisturizer, and eye cream.

I also recently learned of the "7-Layer Toner" method. You might like this, Piaf... considering you love toner. I don't like being wet, so toner is my least favorite part of skincare. So, I wouldn't be trying this any time soon.

15. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Post a video on Youtube of you and your better half doing the face mask and blackhead strips. For some reason that gets a lot of views. No matter who the Youtuber is, or their other content. I don't undersatand why. I guess people love watching couples doing shit.

16. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

Nope.
    Turns out my skin is not a fan of layering.

And essence goes after toner

17. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

18. abarambling

abarambling Banned

Oh, geez... that's a lot. You're lucky if I shower.

I've heard of emulsions before. I kind of do that already, because an emulsion is just combining a water base substance with an oil base substance. So, basically when I put my hydrosol on, which is toner, I don't put it on with a cotton pad or whatever, like most people do. I instead spray it on. And I spray a lot on, to basically drown my face in it. So, my face it wet and quickly after I apply an oil. I do this because not only does this help the oil to absorb faster, because no one wants to feel like a greaseball, but this helps both the oil and hydrosol penetrate deeper.

19. Noserider

Huh. I've never heard anyone talking about baking soda. Not in a negative way, anyway. But I agree, it's probably a lot less abrasive than actual skincare

20. Piaf

Piaf Senior Member

this stuff is good

[​IMG]

mmmm glycolic

Seebass96 likes this.