What is your opinion on Vladimir Putin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midgardsun, Jul 2, 2011.

1. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

He stinks. Typical FSB apparachik, with delusions of grandeur, a macho complex, and autocratic tendencies--much like Trump only much, much smarter. Has Trump in his hip pocket--kompromat of some kind.!

scratcho likes this.
  2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Never mind what WE think about Putin. What matters is what Trump thinks of Putin and how he tweets and re-tweets false information generated in Putins country and has praised him in the past with admiration. Trump is a fuckin' traitor and one day he and his crime family gonna' get what they deserve. And if there is any justice in this country, the republican party of cowards will be out of power from here on out.

Tishomingo likes this.
  3. Dax

Dax Members

He postures as does the American president. I guess each has to convince their followers that they require more and more weapons, tanks, warships, fighter planes et al to prepare for an attack by the other side. All they do is make the armaments industry richer and richer. Maybe they both got shares in these war mongering entities.

scratcho likes this.
  4. Piney

Piney Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Is it possible, to view the Russian leader, without using the prizm of Donald Trump?

A lot has happened since this thread had activity. Many newer threads. Trump is out.

5. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Last time I looked, Trump was "in" on at least one long-running thread: "the Donald Trump Score Card".(2915 posts and growing). And amazingly enough, this son to be indicted criminal seems to be the number one contender for the Republican nomination in 2024, should he decide to run, which seems likely. It's not surprising that Americans should link Trump with the Russian President, since Trump seems to be Putin's Mini-Me.

Last edited: Feb 9, 2024
    scratcho likes this.
  6. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Putin: realized authoritarian dictator. Kills for words.

Trump: temporarily stalled authoritarian leader. "press is the enemy of the people."

7. GeorgeCarlinFan

GeorgeCarlinFan Members

He took over a drunk, yes... I think he feels Russia has been slighted, and probably wants payback for feeling disrespected.

The average Russian man lives to 71. He's 70. If I was him, I'd go nuclear. What does he have to lose? Go out with a bang, and make the world scared of Russia.

8. hotwater

hotwater Senior Member Lifetime Supporter

Theses current and former Putin allies really need to stay away from open windows and balconies

[​IMG]

9. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Russia would probably no longer exist.

10. Piney

Russia remains a member of the United Nations Security Council. Even now, afterall of this.

11. Piney

Well,Vlad gave an interview with Tucker Carlson.

Has anyone seen it ?

Is this legitimate journalism?

12. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Yes, indeed. The institution was created at a time when the U.S. and U.S.S. R. were superpowers and the other permanent members were allies and major powers. The thinking was that it would be unwise to allow the UN to take actions contrary to the interests of one of those "major powers". The arrangement was entrenched in the U.N. Charter. Times have changed, but it would be hard to do anything about it, especially in light of the veto power Russia holds.

13. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

Nothing Tucker does is "legitimate journalism". He's a right wing propagandist formerly working for FOX but became too extreme for them. And he's become what the Russians used to call one of their "useful idiots", singing Putin's praises in tone unrivaled by sources except perhaps Russia today and other Russian state organs.

thepapasmurph and scratcho like this.
  14. Tishomingo

Tishomingo Members

15. wrat1

wrat1 Members

actually Tucker is about as american as capitalism he see a way to make money and does not care about the consequences or legitimacy, he is a corporation unto himself, a possible manifestation of greed incarnate

thepapasmurph and Tishomingo like this.
  16. Spectacles

Spectacles My life is a tapestry Lifetime Supporter

17. kinulpture

kinulpture Member

A ruthless dictator

18. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

A ruthless politician. Not a statesman or strategic genius.

If he was so concerned about NATO expansion and deployment of wmd in Ukraine targetting Moscow to coerce the Russian leadership, he could have instead developed a couple of more nuclear submarines with wmd to patrol the American and European coastlines to neutralize the concerns.

Instead he went out for all out expensive invasions of Georgia and Ukraine when they showed willingness to join NATO. This isolated Russia from the west, greatly reducing its economic and political progress.

If the war becomes a full-fledged nuclear war and holocaust, Putin will go down in history as the villain who destroyed his own nation, as well as ending the nation states of US and Europe. It will take a long time for humanity to recover from this blow caused by short-sighted politicians who were not able to see the bigger picture.

Hopefully, the coming Russian elections may spring a surprise and find Putin out of power and more matured and wiser leaders in the helm.

19. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

A very interesting and in my view, accurate reply.
    But I am not 100% sure, who is actually pulling the strings in Russia at the moment. Putin could be the puppet. Perhaps I think outside the box too much.

Ajay0 likes this.
  20. Ajay0

Ajay0 Guest

Yes, all these warring politicians should be compulsorily sent to space once as part of their political education to develop an ability to see the bigger picture. Obviously the vantage point can give a better and more comprehensive view of the bigger picture.

Overview effect - Wikipedia

wilsjane likes this.