What is your opinion on Vladimir Putin?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by midgardsun, Jul 2, 2011.

1. ahsorandy

ahsorandy Members

Putin is nothing but a clown without the makeup, suit, and clown shoes! I say this because of him condoning the behaviors of the idiot in Syria and moron in North Korea!

He looks like he wants to bring back the U.S.S.R. too!

Come on Putin! It looks more and more like we will need to wage another cold war to bring Russia to it's knees once again!

2. scratcho

scratcho Lifetime Supporter Lifetime Supporter

Naw--he's just whiter, which some people revere for whiteness alone. Obama's a little too dark for some.

3. scratcho

ˆ(replied to a post on another page-never mind)

4. Asmodean

Asmodean Slo motion rider

I would like people who act like Putin is a great leader to concretely state why they think so. He seems to fear serious opposition and resort to a kind of media manipulation that makes the most biased american tv network appear as if its objective :p
    Same with the conviction that Russia itself is returning to greatness again. In what aspect do you see that? It's not their economy or Russia's international position.

5. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

During the second world war, millions of Russian soldiers died defending us all from Zazi oppression. The evens that followed were one of the most crazy periods of modern times. We have forgiven Japan for their part in the war, but somehow Russia. who were our allies, still has this ridiculous stand off with America, while most of western Europe is stuck in the middle. I think that people who opposed Trump's concept of a friendlier relationship with Putin are complete fools. Most of the worlds problems simply boil down to lack of communication. My question to any American person who cannot see my point is whether they would rather spend a holiday in Moscow or Afghanistan.

Mamluke13 likes this.
  6. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Putin is a dangerous man. The Prime Minister of Japan is not. This is why there is a stand off not only between Russia and the USA but Russia and western Europe. Norway has believed he will invade them for many years. Long before Trump. That's why it's common for American Marines to train in Norway along there small army. America has agreed to be the military for many countries via the UN and Putin and North Kora are the threats the UN is concerned over. It's quite sad so Americans are so upset over Obama and caught up in team politics they actuly accept Putin. I wish we could all get along but he wants war. Part of that is the psychological war of Trump. He knows what that means to Americans and how it divides us. That's why he insured he won. The long game of making the enemy weak. It would be different if it was something like Cuba for example where there is truly not a threat anymore so we change out war of thinking on who the enemy is.

It used to be understood Russia is not good. In the "great America days" Trump voter long for each and every day we were prepared for nukes from them.

7. wilsjane

wilsjane Nutty Professor HipForums Supporter

I understand your concerns and yes, North Korea is a major concern. However I still believe that a friendly relationship is better than constant stand off. I also think that we are misled by the media who seem to have an agenda purely based on the sale of their product. I accept that the worlds problems cannot be solved overnight.
    State control of industries is another interesting subject. While it smells of communism, privatization of the railways in the UK has been a dismal failure, increasing fares and allowing the infrastructure to fall apart while companies make huge profits. similar problems blight us with electricity and gas supply. The thought of our police being privatized fills me with horror. Capitalism and state control should not simply be seen as opposites. The true situation is far more complex as the cost of healthcare in America clearly shows..

8. clark32

clark32 D`oh!

He's very clever, he's not naive as he looks at first sight, it's the Old Russian School.

9. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

To be kind, I'd say he's a functional moron, like most politicians.

10. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

That said, something in the water does not comm-put

11. Dude111

Dude111 An Awesome Dude HipForums Supporter

I dont think he is as bad as Obama or Trump!!!

12. r0llinstoned

r0llinstoned Gute Nacht, süßer Prinz

He's fantastic, you're gonna love him, he's great.

13. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

Looking at the general picture it seems that bad means good for most politicians.

Dude111 likes this.
  14. scratcho

He's smarter than Trump, that's for sure. But then who isn't?

Dude111 likes this.
  15. unfocusedanakin

unfocusedanakin The Archaic Revival Lifetime Supporter

Yeah no history of Judaism in Russia at all. Loose the wet dream. :wink:

16. Ged

Ged Tits and Thigh Man.

He's a gangsta...And an ugly short-ass.

Hmmm...I just like to be mean to powerful people from a position they can't touch me from.

17. Okiefreak

Okiefreak Senior Member

Like the Commie Soviets of yore, Putin and his Russian FSB and mob are skillful at playing "useful idiots", dupes, and fellow travelers. FSB trolls and bots churn out propaganda like this on a daily basis. Think about it. It's delusional. Ain't gonna happen. And if it did, who would be dumb enough to want an authoritarian pipsqueak like Putin as their leader?

18. Asmodean

There is no plan to make Russia great. There are mainly plans to make it look great by actively trying to change general perceptions of other countries.
    About the wishful but nonsensical thinking of it becoming a slavic ethno state: you probably are unaware how many different etnicities Russia has.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
  19. Asmodean

There are a lot of asian etnicities in Russia as well. Its not just about jews, whites or blacks.
    But this thread is not about race and Putin is not so concerned about a slavic ethno state as some of his white subjects.

Its clear you are overly busy with race and segregation, to the extent you cannot leave it out of any topic, yet you only want to talk about it in threads with other subjects... Evasive, weak and dishonest. Like a certain oppressive regime that fears serious opposition, lies about everything that doesn't make it looks good and fools itself and its people by portraying it is better than others while actually its hardly keeping up with other 2nd world countries.

Okiefreak likes this.
  20. Asmodean

Am i the only one who has advised you to make a thread for those topics you insist on going on about everywhere else? Don't act like that is the case and just take the hint. If you want a serious convo about those racial matters you can't shut up about you know what to do.

21. themnax

themnax Senior Member

an iron fist in a velvet glove. a proffessor moriarty. a james bond anti-hero. the real head of today's russian mafia and dumb dumb trump's puppet master.
    he's everything trump isn't. i don't think he's god's gift to russia, let alone the planet, but he has a brain and he uses it.

of course in america where i live, we seldom get even a glimpse of the rest of the world, undistorted by ideological bias,
    so right up front, all i know is trying to see past the fog of self serving distortions some very twisted people here, like trump,
    are all they want to let us see.