what is your most important thing to keeping mellow?

Discussion in 'Old Hippies' started by unionpacificrailroad, Jan 15, 2005.

1. teepi

teepi living my dream

Right On Homey...
    Not only do I love to be OUT hanging with Mother Nature...I love having a bit of Mother Nature IN me...
    She's good at having what you may need.

Mom's are like that...yeah, they are.

2. kindwoman

kindwoman Sista Golden Hair

Yeah, it helps, but since I'm on probation I can't smoke it everyday like I used to. It really helped my chronic pain tremendously too. This probation crap is TOTAL BS!

3. Floyd Soul

Floyd Soul The Walkin' Dude

What keeps me mellow is....

Having time alone from loud people,
    Playing my music,
    Listening to music,
    and exercising....

I would go insane without those things.

4. soulrebel51

soulrebel51 i's a folkie.

Listening and playing music and conversing with others, for me...

5. spooner

spooner is done.

cigarettes. 20 moments of bliss per pack.

6. celeste

celeste Member

Being in the deep,deep country at night helps me stay grounded & mellow. All of the glorious sounds! Owls carrying on! Armadilloes scrunching along in the brush,sniffin' & diggin'. I listen as fox yip & howl(that's a little spooky!) It's so peaceful.All these creatures just going about their business of survival. And of course,Adderall! "up all night,sleep all day,"James Gang (during hunting season I keep my tail out of those woods,you betcha!)

7. Azura_Mist

Azura_Mist Member

Keeping in contact with friends is a biggie for me. I spend so much time around school, work, and family, that if I don't make any real friends (non-classmates and non-co-workers) I'll get depressed and go bananas! Even if all I have to resort to is being online, that's a big relief to know someone behind a screen is out there spreading their love and words to me. Deep breathing always helps otherwise, listening to music, definitely trying all I can to get more than seven hours of sleep a night. Anything below seven and I'm a wreck the next day! Playing with my dog always makes me happy and at peace, or even just cuddling with her and petting her. Good books always help to, if I ever get the time to read them.