what is your instrument of choice?

Discussion in 'Performing Arts' started by 4_Leaf_Clover, May 9, 2004.

1. TenCentArcade

TenCentArcade Banned

Trumpet. And I'm teaching myself piano. So throw that in, too.

2. SilverClover14

SilverClover14 Senior Member

I play the clarinet, tin whistle, bass guitar, and electric guitar.

I'm horrible at bass and electric cos I have tiny hands and I really have trouble teaching myself. I've been playing the clarinet for 6 or 7 years so I'm really good at that, and the tin whistle is just relatively easy after learning clarinet.

I really want to learn cello and keyboard... I got a keyboard when I was 5 but of course, now that it's 11 years old, it's a bit crappy.

3. morningglory

morningglory Member

I play guitar, piano, and flute.

4. ColoradoKind

ColoradoKind Member

ain't nothing better then getting a few friends together....and picking that percussive string on my ole 5 string

5. I'mNOTaCODE

I'mNOTaCODE Member

i play......

the viola.

i love how even the slightest slip of a finger can make a difference...i love how the sounds vibrate into my ears....i love how my bow glids across the strings...i love my viola.

6. Beach Bum

Beach Bum Hip Forums Supporter HipForums Supporter

*clarinet
    *learning guitar

7. 4_Leaf_Clover

4_Leaf_Clover I Love

How are all of us not a 100-person band already? :p

anyway,

Lately I've been wailing on my Fender Stratocaster every afternoon, while listening to the blues on the RADIO . . .

Been in a bluesy mood lately I guess. I love the guitar.
    "Feelin', sweet feelin', drips from my fingers..............................."

:D

8. flowerchild89

flowerchild89 Member

My favorite thing about the violin is the amazing range of sounds and styles you can do on it. I'll be playing classical, then switch from Cajun to bluegrass to funk...and it all can sound right. And everything you play on it is just so amazingly expressive (unless you're a robot and are mechanical in everything...). I love it :)

9. bgeorg

bgeorg Member

I know exactly what you mean. I am a percussionist, with a concentration on mallet instruments. I have my own marimba. The marimba is also an instrument that can be used for many styles and types of music. Many, many transcriptions of classics are avalailable. I just had a recital a few day ago. I played mainly baroque and classical pieces. My fianle piece was "Carmen Suite" featuring music from the opera. Also, more modern marimba literature, that isn't coming from Japan, is beoming more jazzy and bluezy, emulating the style of the vibraphone greats Lionel Hampton and Gary Burton.